Sign in to follow this  

Need help. I am to slow...

Hey there,

i started playing / driving F1 2019 (PS4) yesterday. I am using a logitech g29 wheel and a playseat challenge and i am really happy with this setup.

So i started F1 2019 up and went to train on the barcelona track with an F2 car (MP something...). Why did i choose an F2 over an F1 car? I want to learn how to drive and i want to learn each track before i move on with an F1. Those F2 races are shorter and i really like how those F2 cars behave on track, it feels really good. I drive with no assists and i dont have any problems at all driving clean and safe. I used to be a league driver between 2003-2005 (GPL, LFS and nascar racing @ virtual-racing.org) so i got a little bit of experience. 

BUT...im too slow. I was doing arround 80 Laps on the barcelona track and i managed to improve my lap times tremendously...im @ 1:34:000 currently and i cannot beat it anymore. Im so hard pushing, that i started doing mistakes / errors on every lap. The best lap time iss @ 1:28:5xx...i would be happy to manage like 1:30:xxx but i dont know how.

Do you guys have any tipps for me? Any videos, which helped you getting faster? Any settings (wheelsettings, gamesettings) which helped you too? I need help ;-)

I want to start with the AI being @ 100%...but im just to slow / OLD (haha) for it...;-)

Thanks in advance.

Songan

If you want to be fast and run AI 100% use assits and TV Pod,

If you wanna run no assits and be fast, forget about AI100%, forget about laptimes, just practise, practise, practise. itll come.

• Agree 1

Setup can help. Experiment with different gears in different corners. Try short shifting whilst accelerating out of a corner too.

• Agree 1

Thanks for your input on this. I had my first F2 race in Abu Dhabi...in the first race i hit the barrier and lost a tyre...in sprint race 2 ive driven flawlessly, but i was 25secs behind the last driver on the grid...feels stupid feeling exhausted after finishing the race on the last spot xD I got a lot of work to do...but i wont use assists and just drive in cockpit view 🙂

• Like 1