Sign in to follow this  

Please stop driver transfer in career mode

Good morning everybody. Please consider in the future patch to introduce the way to remove or put a "final veto" to the driver transfer. I really hate them because they makle absolutely unrealistic the seasons! Hamilton, who lead the campionship, cannot suddendly leave mercedes and go in Renault!!!!! Is not possible to have 6/8 transfer every season, expecially in the middle!

Please do something ASAP. I understand these transfers are an important news in this title, but please consider who want to play a more "realistic" career. What do you think about?

Please Codemaster consider this!

Tx

• Like 1
  • Agree 8
  • Disagree 2

I haven't had a transfer yet (haven't done a lot of the career) but does it have to do with the two F2 drivers that join you in F1? For example they follow you to a team of nearly the same level when you start your career. If you move from Alfa to Ferrari, does the game automatically move Weber and Buttlord to Mercedes and RedBull forcing out two real life F1 drivers to move to lower teams?

Posted (edited)

One of 2019's big selling points for me was the drivers transfers so for me I hope they don't stop them but I wouldn't be against an option being added to turn them off for those that don't want it. After all I think it's very likely I'd have skipped 19if it hadn't had this because in fact I never ordered the game until this was announced at the last minute. As for F2 you can skip that therefore taking Butler and Weber out of the equation if that's your issue.

Edited by sjsharp2010

42 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

I haven't had a transfer yet (haven't done a lot of the career) but does it have to do with the two F2 drivers that join you in F1? For example they follow you to a team of nearly the same level when you start your career. If you move from Alfa to Ferrari, does the game automatically move Weber and Buttlord to Mercedes and RedBull forcing out two real life F1 drivers to move to lower teams?

When you start your career, Butler will always go to the team rated right above yours in the performance chart, and Weber to the one right below.

After this, they are basically the same as everyone else, and can transfer to any team during one of the transfer periods (either during the 4 contract negotiations mid-season or during the offseason. I don't think that when you transfer they automatically move to a similar rated team.

I also think (but may be wrong?) that you can only get 1 midseason transfer. Unless you yourself transfer during one of the contract negotiations which may prompt the game to move around some drivers to replace you.

My first season midseason transfer happened before Suzuka:

Perez to Renault. Ricciardo has been let go.

Giovinazzi to Racing Point to replace Perez.

(Gio was the driver I replaced to start my career at Alfa, so he 'returned' to F1).

48 minutes ago, Sojourner said:

From what I've seen, no it's not solely to do with the F2 guys as the real F1 drivers swap themselves without you or the F2 guys moving at all.

Can anyone answer whether they've seen specific drivers change teams too much? E.g. Ricciardo moves mid-season then at the end of that year or even mid-next season, moves again? What's the shortest time anyone has seen before a driver moves again?

4 minutes ago, martbloke said:

From what I've seen, no it's not solely to do with the F2 guys as the real F1 drivers swap themselves without you or the F2 guys moving at all.

Can anyone answer whether they've seen specific drivers change teams too much? E.g. Ricciardo moves mid-season then at the end of that year or even mid-next season, moves again? What's the shortest time anyone has seen before a driver moves again?

I haven't seen enough to say some will move more than others (I don't think that's the case), but I think that it does have something to do with performance. I've seen a few too much Ricciardo firings from Renault (incl. my own career) early on for it to be a coincidence. Ricciardo is (was?) lower rated than Hülkenberg and was therefore almost always outqualified by him.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sjsharp2010 said:

One of 2019's big selling points for me was the drivers transfers so for me I hope they don't stop them but I wouldn't be against an option being added to turn them off for those that don't want it. After all I think it's very likely I'd have skipped 19if it hadn't had this because in fact I never ordered the game until this was announced at the last minute. As for F2 you can skip that therefore taking Butler and Weber out of the equation if that's your issue.

Ok i agree with you: for sure this is an important news and so an important selling points. But we can't say this is a real improvement if is unreal like in the most of the cases. I repeat, for me the best way to make everyone happy, is to have the possibility to choose to have the driver transfer or not, for example like i can decide to have the formation lap or something similar. For sure the best way is to have an advise of the transfer before it happen and give the "final veto": but i can understand it could be difficoult to implement.

I really hope Codemaster could do something asap in the next patches...

• Agree 1

They should introduce some limit on transfers halfway through seasons, for example only a single swap of drivers can happen

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Turn1Seagull said:

They should introduce some limit on transfers halfway through seasons, for example only a single swap of drivers can happen

Have you had more than one midseason transfer in a season?

100% Agree, i hate driver transfers , but especially mid season driver transfers ...

Codemasters just give us option Turn OFF or Turn ON driver transfers in gameplay settings. 

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

I want them to keep them but they surely have to put some more work into it. They should make sense and one or two driver transfers at the end of the season should be enough. I mean while I get it from a game point of view they have to make it so rapid in terms of changes and car development so people who only play 2 or 3 seasons also have something from the feature. So the best way, as always, would be an option for them to happen, not happen or just happen sometimes. Same for car R and D

Edited by TheIceman022
  • Agree 1

Ideally the driver AI each get sets some career paths that seem logical. Younger drivers have more career paths than older drivers and give drivers a retire age. I would love to see F2 drivers eventually move to F1 trough the Toro Rosso team but like it is implemented now best not add F2 drivers or you would end your first season in F1 with only F2 drivers.

• Agree 3

The driver transfers and ridicilous car development are putting me off buying the game. 

Think codies have copy and pasted the 2018 driver traits hence Riccardo being slow but for me mid seasom has to go and car development needs to be more like 2018.

I really think codes have just a random generator for the transfers drivers need contracts! You telling me every 3 races hamilton can pick a new team.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

8 minutes ago, AdamFreeman said:

The driver transfers and ridicilous car development are putting me off buying the game. 

Think codies have copy and pasted the 2018 driver traits hence Riccardo being slow but for me mid seasom has to go and car development needs to be more like 2018.

I really think codes have just a random generator for the transfers drivers need contracts! You telling me every 3 races hamilton can pick a new team.

Technically he can yes but that doesn't mean to say he will.

3 hours ago, PALTRI said:

Ok i agree with you: for sure this is an important news and so an important selling points. But we can't say this is a real improvement if is unreal like in the most of the cases. I repeat, for me the best way to make everyone happy, is to have the possibility to choose to have the driver transfer or not, for example like i can decide to have the formation lap or something similar. For sure the best way is to have an advise of the transfer before it happen and give the "final veto": but i can understand it could be difficoult to implement.

I really hope Codemaster could do something asap in the next patches...

TBH I think the most CM can do atm with 2019 is add an on /off switch as I suspect it's too entangled into the contract system for them to do more. Because I think it's done in such a way in that whenever the player is negotiating a contract so is the rest of the grid. I think the best solution is to go back to the 2016/17 contract system where there were only 2 contract windows 1 midseason(Silverstone) 1 end of season (Abu Dhabi). Then at least there will be some movement but it'll be more contained. If they go back to the 2016/17 system for 2020 that may fix the problem. 

• Agree 1

Codies should stop this contract negotiation every 4 races bs. Contract negotiations should happen only at the end of the season. And since contract negotiations for other drivers are happening at the same time as ours, it would be much better if they happened at the end of the season because that way driver transfers would've been more realistic and you wouldn't see the championship leader suddenly going to a slower team mid season.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

2 hours ago, AvengerGR35 said:

Codies should stop this contract negotiation every 4 races bs. Contract negotiations should happen only at the end of the season. And since contract negotiations for other drivers are happening at the same time as ours, it would be much better if they happened at the end of the season because that way driver transfers would've been more realistic and you wouldn't see the championship leader suddenly going to a slower team mid season.

I don't think it's too  bad to have a mid season one but only 1  rather than one every 4 races s oit's a bit like football  where there's a mid season transfer window January and an end of season window that runs until the end of August when the next season starts. We just need an F1 version of that which is what F1 2016/17 has as you only have 2 opportunities to move from one team to another per season. Unfortunately this is more going to be I think a 2020 revamp than a 2019 patch job because it's too entangled with other parts of the game the only thing I think they can do with 2019 is add an option to turn it on or off for now. So those that are happy to have it can turn it on and those that have an issue with it can turn it off. Personally I'll leave it on but then I don't have a problem with it and the driver transfers was the main reason why I bought this years game

I had Grosjean and Perez swap seats so far. That's not too bad but I'm kind of eh on midseason transfers. They really need to have contract lengths that players sign so that midseason moves actually make sense. (Top drivers usually are locked down and are not going anywhere during the season but lower tier drivers could potentially move.)

From the sounds of it the driver transfers do need to be dialled back a little, definitely so they mostly only occur at the end of a season. Maybe have just one low tier team transfer mid season but definitely not the bigger teams. 

Would also love to see some more of the F2 drivers transfer into F1 as you progress through the seasons to shake up the lineup and add more variety too 

Posted (edited)

Driver tranfsers are the best feature in this game. Only mid season transfers are stupid. Contracts should be like in F1 2017 where you cannot pick a team you want after every 4 race...

Edited by Gragooni
  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Yes, I hope we can at least disable the midseason driver transfers. Kills any immersion for me.

• Agree 7

It's AFTER Hungary.

Let`s see what happens 😮 Hamilton is **** in my season, Bottas kicks his ass, I think he needs a replacement in his Mercedes 😛