Sign in to follow this  

Q&A Thread - Part 2

Thanks for the answer! Quick question about car setups (don't know if this has been answered) but will it be possible to save tuning setups for the cars similar to how it was done in Dirt 3? 

Q: GAS' multiplayer interface (lobbies - public/custom, options, etc.). How much does it take to create or edit the system (that is strongly based on previous game system)? And is it possible to patch it?
UP. Maybe some another insider look?

@flowaangelz

Could you elaborate? I'm not sure I follow exactly what you mean :) We are planning a live stream soon so should be able to show off some of the lobby for you while we're doing that.

I agree with most that you did hella job with touring cars and i hope handling, etc. You listened to the feedback and you succeed, almost already. Only couple of issues left, its a pity, forums weren't there, when they were needed the most. But since they are up again, you know what else is to improve.

I'm simply asking if there is possibility to go one level further? And fix some key multiplayer issues later with a patch. Without the need of spending LOT of resources. Address, at least some of the issues, but at least do sth.

We are looking at supporting the game after release, obviously the what and when will decide largely on the feedback we receive :)

I know you are :)

By support you mean fixing and dlc, but also adding different stuff?

It's too early to say, let's get the game out first and see where things take us :) Rest assured that as soon as you guys have the game in your hands I will be gathering as much feedback as possible.

I hear you ask; well, remember that only vehicles that you’ve bought can level-up and unlock Tuning Packs, Upgrades, repairs, cosmetic customisations and bonus rewards.

The above phrase was written in de blog. If you have bought a car and it's time to replace it. When  you buy the same car do the tuning packs and upgrades carry over?

P308R said:
 I hear you ask; well, remember that only vehicles that you’ve bought can level-up and unlock Tuning Packs, Upgrades, repairs, cosmetic customisations and bonus rewards.

The above phrase was written in de blog. If you have bought a car and it's time to replace it. When  you buy the same car do the tuning packs and upgrades carry over?
And- or increase the PX value ?

@P308R

The unlocking of the upgrades carries over but the installation doesn't. 

@Loore‌
What will the next few blog and video updates be focusing on?
Endurance?
Open Wheeler?
Career?
Particular tracks?

I have been reading the progress bit on the blog.
And now I have one more question for you Loore.
You guys state there that by making it harder like disable assists and such you rank up faster..
So the fastest way to rank up is using no assists, incar cam, and no hud etc
How do you guys thought how that work with a blurred cockpit?
How do I know my entry speed in a corner with a blurred cockpit?

Still found this the most stupid idea you guys had with this game.
I proberly would be ready to pre-order if you guys didn't blur the cockpit.   

If you create a livery on a car, does this livery cary over to other cars? Will sponsors cary over as well or do they have to be re-applied?

Assuming that the tuner class will have muscle cars, these muscle cars will be race-ready, right? Something more like this:

And less like this:

And will there be at least one class where the muscle cars race by themselves?

EDIT: Replaced the second Plymouth Roadrunner picture with one of the same year.

@Loore

Is the wear-and-tear aspect of the cars only for online? Because if you're racing for professional teams offline, you'd think that they'd rebuild everything on the car on a regular basis.

Awong124 said:
@Loore

Is the wear-and-tear aspect of the cars only for online? Because if you're racing for professional teams offline, you'd think that they'd rebuild everything on the car on a regular basis.
Yes, online only and for the exact reason you've given :)

@Loore

What is the logic behind endurance races ending as soon as the timer runs out rather than finishing the current lap? I thought the whole concept of racing is who crosses the line first.

Andi said:
@Loore

What is the logic behind endurance races ending as soon as the timer runs out rather than finishing the current lap? I thought the whole concept of racing is who crosses the line first.
It's a timed event based on distance.

It's not about laps as such, but the distance driven at the end of the countdown.

Hi Loore, are there car upgrades in single player races too? Or every car in single player has fixed stats?

Hi Loore, are there car upgrades in single player races too? Or every car in single player has fixed stats?
Yup, single player has upgrades, the types of upgrade depend entirely on the team, the car and discipline. It's not a one sized fits all solution across the board.

Hey again @Loore‌ just a questions which has probably been answered already but, online i have 4 mates who we are all big v8 supercars fans, when we first get the game can we jump into a v8 supercar straight away or do we have to unlock them like grid 2? Thanks :)

Loore said:
Yup, single player has upgrades, the types of upgrade depend entirely on the team, the car and discipline. It's not a one sized fits all solution across the board.
Thanks, Loore. I am curious, what sort of upgrades are available?

Does Quick Race or Custom Cup also have Car Upgrades?