F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Q&A Thread - Part 2

Wilkinson said:
Hey again @Loore‌ just a questions which has probably been answered already but, online i have 4 mates who we are all big v8 supercars fans, when we first get the game can we jump into a v8 supercar straight away or do we have to unlock them like grid 2? Thanks :)
Yes, jump in straight away :)

Loore said:
Hi Loore, are there car upgrades in single player races too? Or every car in single player has fixed stats?
Yup, single player has upgrades, the types of upgrade depend entirely on the team, the car and discipline. It's not a one sized fits all solution across the board.
Thanks, Loore. I am curious, what sort of upgrades are available?

Does Quick Race or Custom Cup also have Car Upgrades?
You can upgrade Brakes, Clutch, Engine, Flywheel, Weight.

Hi @Loore.

Q: Will GAS register and show the fastest lap / PB clocked on a particular circuit with a particular car as Race Driver GRID used to in the Race Day screen? If so, will it work for Online as well?

Q: I suppose we will be able to apply sponsors to the online liveries we create. Will GAS give us freedom of choice like GRID 2 or will the sponsors "contracts" have to be earned? How many sponsors will we be able to apply to a single livery?

@Loore‌ I'm definitely getting this game, but I'm just curious on one thing, are there future plans for DLC? While it's awesome that V8 Supercars are in, I'd love to see some more e.g. Nissan Altima, Volvo S60, Mercedes E63 AMG. You have licences for Nissan & Merc, & there was a Volvo in G2 so... (oh & if there is, please no Day 1 DLC bs)

@Loore‌ I'm definitely getting this game, but I'm just curious on one thing, are there future plans for DLC? While it's awesome that V8 Supercars are in, I'd love to see some more e.g. Nissan Altima, Volvo S60, Mercedes E63 AMG. You have licences for Nissan & Merc, & there was a Volvo in G2 so... (oh & if there is, please no Day 1 DLC bs)
I love to see the other V8s from 2014 too. Hopefully Codemaster is considering it.

Still, the V8 version of Mercedes Benz E-class might be an issue as it is not build by AMG. It is designed by an Australian company, Erebus Motorsports, if I am not wrong so if you want that car, you need the license from Erebus too.

Altima and S60 might be less of an issue considering Codemaster already have both licenses.

I would love to Mecedes Benz 190E Group A and BMW M3 E30 Group A in the game too, considering we have R32 Group A and Sierra in the Classic Touring branch.

@Loore, can I take an Endurance car, such as a Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 into a normal race with 5 laps?

I love to see the other V8s from 2014 too. Hopefully Codemaster is considering it.

Still, the V8 version of Mercedes Benz E-class might be an issue as it is not build by AMG. It is designed by an Australian company, Erebus Motorsports, if I am not wrong so if you want that car, you need the license from Erebus too.

Altima and S60 might be less of an issue considering Codemaster already have both licenses.

I would love to Mecedes Benz 190E Group A and BMW M3 E30 Group A in the game too, considering we have R32 Group A and Sierra in the Classic Touring branch.

@Loore, can I take an Endurance car, such as a Mclaren MP4-12C GT3 into a normal race with 5 laps?
Yea I realise that the Erebus Merc may be an issue, but the Volvo & Nissan I guessing wouldn't be. Still at least I get my favourite V8 Supercar to hoon around in (Ford Falcon)... EDIT: Just realised the Merc might not be difficult to licence, considering the Erebus team are still seeking sponsorship, & will probably take any $$$ they can get...hehe imagine that, a GRID Autosport sponsored V8 Supercar.

Clutch support? (specifically on Xbox 360 with the Fanatec CSR)
Yes, we have clutch support :)
We'll be talking DLC a bit later on, right now everyone's focussed on finishing the game :)
Yes you can.

Loore said:

Great gesture Rastus. Nice one Loore. 

Happy to hear about the handling and some tracks like IST or Spa :)

Grid 1.2 wet dream coming true?

PS. Autodromo Jose Carlos Pace is Interlagos! Hope Okutama is a version from G1 and Barcelona is a F1 track :)

Interlagos isn't in the game unfortunately. It was a place holder but sadly it never came to be. 

Barcelona is a street track, racing open wheels around it is great fun :)

Loore said:
We'll be talking DLC a bit later on, right now everyone's focussed on finishing the game :)

I'd guess Interlagos would be one of those DLC, which would be great.

Loore said:
Clutch support? (specifically on Xbox 360 with the Fanatec CSR)
Yes, we have clutch support :)
Yes you can.
Ok, cool...can't wait for this game!

@Loore Will one be able to save the tuning setup profiles for the cars? In other words, can I load a setting Ive created before onto my car instead of going in manually and setting the car up each time?

Example in Dirt 3 (Note the "Preset" prompt)

I do hope this is an option in GAS since it would be quite the hassle to manually set up before each race if one cannot load a custom preset.

@Loore‌ just another question sorry if it has being already answered, but ive only played grid 2 so im not sure how practice will work online, will each players time for the session start as soon as they cross the start line or when the first player crosses the start line? Also will every player be split up by like 5 or 10 seconds so there no one gets in the way fo anyone else? Thanks :)

@Loore, sorry for re posting as I asked this in another thread as well but didn't get any reply. Can I drive any car in any discipline via Custom Cup? I mean to say can I drive a Mclaren P1 (listed under street category), and drive it in an endurance race via Custom Cup?

@Loore 

Q: Will there be any custom livery design in Single Player?

Q: When a livery is created online, does this livery carry over to every car in your garage?

Q: Can sponsors change from car to car even if they have your team/club livery?

Q: In tuner, can one skip the drifting to progress?

Q: How does the unlocking "garage slots" work in online mode?

Q: Is there is list with the prices when buying a car online?

Q: Can tirewear be switched off in online endurance races?

@Loore‌ Am I able to customize the wheels on my cars, like in GRID2? I don't mind if we can't, just curious...

ankpraka said:
@Loore, sorry for re posting as I asked this in another thread as well but didn't get any reply. Can I drive any car in any discipline via Custom Cup? I mean to say can I drive a Mclaren P1 (listed under street category), and drive it in an endurance race via Custom Cup?
You can only do an Endurance race with tyre wear with Endurance cars But you can take an Endurance car and do a standard race with no tyre wear.

@P308R

Q: When a livery is created online, does this livery carry over to every car in your garage?
A: No. Only your RaceNet Club livery is shared across all your cars.

Q: Can sponsors change from car to car even if they have your team/club livery?
A: You can save up to 3 custom liveries for each car, in addition to your RaceNet Club livery and any stock liveries available to it. Each custom livery can have different sponsors applied.

Q: Can tirewear be switched off in online endurance races?
A: In Online Custom Cups you can use Endurance class vehicles in standard Races or Time Attack, which don’t use the tyre wear mechanic.

Q: Am I able to customize the wheels on my cars, like in GRID2?
A: Yes, you can customise the design, size and colour of your vehicle’s wheels; just like in GRID 2.

Q: Will there be any custom livery design in Single Player? 
A: No

Q: Is there is list with the prices when buying a car online?
A: Not at this time, would this be something you'd find interesting?

@Loore

Will steam users be able to pre-load the game before release and if so do you know when it will be available?

Andi said:
@Loore

Will steam users be able to pre-load the game before release and if so do you know when it will be available?
Yes, definitely will :) Don't have exact dates just yet but I think it'll be a good week before launch, should give you ample time to get everything downloaded and ready.

@Loore

Thanks for the feedback. The pricelist could be interesting just to see what needs to be done before you can buy a simple Mini Cooper streetcar or a high end racer like the Caparo T1.

P308R said:
@Loore

Thanks for the feedback. The pricelist could be interesting just to see what needs to be done before you can buy a simple Mini Cooper streetcar or a high end racer like the Caparo T1.
Classic MINI will cost you about 15,000 where as a Caparo T1 will set you back 225,000.

@Loore Alright thanks for the answer! While on the subject, is it safe to assume that similar features such as saving "Custom Game" settings is also not included? In other words, when creating a custom online session, do I have to set the session up each time or can I load a saved "Custom Game" preset. 

(Ex.Say I create an endurance race setting, which has all the assist off etc.. from the get go which I can load up. Rather than setting that up each time. This feature was in Dirt 3 for example)