Sign in to follow this  

Q&A Thread - Part 2

@Nemesismo

That would be safe to assume yes, your feedback has been taken on board and noted down though :)

In the case of money, how much do we start off with then @Loore‌ ? And how much is a V8 supercar?

Loore said:
ankpraka said:
@Loore, sorry for re posting as I asked this in another thread as well but didn't get any reply. Can I drive any car in any discipline via Custom Cup? I mean to say can I drive a Mclaren P1 (listed under street category), and drive it in an endurance race via Custom Cup?
In this case no, cars are locked to their discipline. 
But them we got this two responses later:
Q: Can tirewear be switched off in online endurance races?
A: In Online Custom Cups you can use Endurance class vehicles in standard Races or Time Attack, which don’t use the tyre wear mechanic.

So.....
@Loore, I think you mean to say that, in Custom Cup, the Endurance cars are the only ones that come with the tire wear model, although you can use them to in a Non-Endurance discipline to eliminate the tire wear effect. But you cannot take a non-Endurance car and make it int a car that will be subject to the tire wear model. No? 

Yes that's correct. You can only do an Endurance race with tyre wear with Endurance cars :)

But you can take an Endurance car and do a standard race with no tyre wear.

@Loore‌ is there any chance of some gameplay or screenshots of the V8 supercars? Holden and ford :)

Proper HQ cockpit cams? Only blurries in videos so far, so can we expect "Grid 1 like", cockpit cams in final game?  

Wilkinson said:
@Loore‌ is there any chance of some gameplay or screenshots of the V8 supercars? Holden and ford :)
I'm looking at putting out a V8s around Bathurst video soon :)
Proper HQ cockpit cams? Only blurries in videos so far, so can we expect "Grid 1 like", cockpit cams in final game?  
What you see is like in the final game. Is worth noting that some cockpits are more detailed than others.

Quick question, because this is something that bothered me on Grid 2.

Is it possible to change settings such as assists, (( transmission, stability control, ABS, etc )) in a session lobby or during the practice or qualifying sessions (( both online and offline? ))

I ask this because, whilst I predominantly drive with manual gears there are a few cars (such as the Audi R8 and BAC Mono) that I can't and have to drive auto if I ever want to set good lap times with them. Similarly it looks like I may be wanting to use traction control to begin with on the faster touring/open wheel cars, but I don't want to have to back out of the lobby to be able to change it like I have to on Grid 2.

So, is it possible? Or do I have to quit game lobbies to do it?

KazzyMac said:
Quick question, because this is something that bothered me on Grid 2.

Is it possible to change settings such as assists, (( transmission, stability control, ABS, etc )) in a session lobby or during the practice or qualifying sessions (( both online and offline? ))

I ask this because, whilst I predominantly drive with manual gears there are a few cars (such as the Audi R8 and BAC Mono) that I can't and have to drive auto if I ever want to set good lap times with them. Similarly it looks like I may be wanting to use traction control to begin with on the faster touring/open wheel cars, but I don't want to have to back out of the lobby to be able to change it like I have to on Grid 2.

So, is it possible? Or do I have to quit game lobbies to do it?
Yes, that's possible. You can change those settings in the paddock area :)

It goes Lobby > Paddock > Race

@Loore: When can we expect the info for the club and livery design? Will there be another indepth article like we had for AI, damage and visual effects? Miss them a bit.

P308R said:

@Loore: When can we expect the info for the club and livery design? Will there be another indepth article like we had for AI, damage and visual effects? Miss them a bit.
I'm working on a RaceNet article at this very moment in time, that will include clubs :)

As for liveries, I'll probably show this off on a live stream, a lot easier that in text.

I've heard some of the menu music in preview builds, so smooth, so chill.

Is this stuff licensed tracks or composed in-house by Ian Livingstone? I have the Identity Theft album by Phonat and although the style of some of the tracks are similar, none of those songs gave me a one-to-one match with any of Autosport's menu music.

If it is composed in-house, will a downloadable album be released like you cool dudes did for both GRID games and F1 2012?

It's a mix of Phonat / Composed by Ian Livingstone. We'll look into releasing it and let you know!

@Loore, will the preorders available on green man gaming or gamersgate?

Or PC digital preorders will be only available on Steam?

@Loore, will the preorders available on green man gaming or gamersgate?

Or PC digital preorders will be only available on Steam?
Should be available soon :)

@Loore

I seem to remember someone saying there was a helicam.

Any chance of a video ?

dirt3joe said:
@Loore

Any chance of a video ?
We'll see what we can do, odds are when we do a Live Stream we'll showcase the replay cameras and that'll come up :)

Loore said:
dirt3joe said:
@Loore

Any chance of a video ?
We'll see what we can do, odds are when we do a Live Stream we'll showcase the replay cameras and that'll come up :)
Thanks.

@Loore‌ Will single player cheats be returning from the original GRID? Like the Speed Boost, Repulsor Field etc?

There's any plan on expanding the lap/minute limit of races in a possible future patch?

GRID has never been known for long races, rather groups of 4/5 lap races so I doubt it.