Sign in to follow this  

Q&A Thread - Part 2

I know I started a thread but justbiglee will there be a ps3 digital download or do I need to preorder at a retail outlet by me?

I know I started a thread but justbiglee will there be a ps3 digital download or do I need to preorder at a retail outlet by me?
Yes there will be :)

Thanks for the quick response. 1 more question it will most likely be next Tuesday here in u.s. then?
Release date in USA is 24th of june.
Europe 27th.  

you can proberly preload the game 3 days in advance

Thanks for the quick response. 1 more question it will most likely be next Tuesday here in u.s. then?
Release date in USA is 24th of june.
Europe 27th.  

you can proberly preload the game 3 days in advance
Pre-load should be around the 20th (but thats not 100% confirmed yet so don't hold me to it) you'll then be able to play the game from the 27th.

Also as a bonus if you have already pre-ordered (or yet to pre-order) Autosport you'll now get a free copy of DiRT Showdown which if you haven't played is a pretty kick ass demo derby game.

everybody who has a digital download can preload the game.
Game doesn't get a next gen version btw incase you didn't know yet.

everybody who has a digital download can preload the game.
Game doesn't get a next gen version btw incase you didn't know yet.

Ya I know its not out on nextgen . I just didn't realize that u were able to preload on ps3.

NWRStorm said:

Can we pick the starting order again or is it like Grid 2?

Are you talking multiplayer or singleplayer? Because if you're talking single the game has practice and qualifying which allow you to determine your place on the grid using the laps your allowed

http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/GRID_Autosport_Street_01.jpg

There is a Subaru BRZ in the screenshot which is the car on the left. Is Subaru in the game's final car list?

http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/GRID_Autosport_Street_01.jpg

There is a Subaru BRZ in the screenshot which is the car on the left. Is Subaru in the game's final car list?
No it's not on the Blog page and I assume that has all the cars available within the game on it. So it's either been added after the blog page was prepared or they've been holding 1 or 2 back on us.

No it's not on the Blog page and I assume that has all the cars available within the game on it. So it's either been added after the blog page was prepared or they've been holding 1 or 2 back on us.
The Subaru BRZ has been in the game since the press release build; it's likely that Codemasters haven't yet got the license to use the car but are expecting to have it by the time the game goes Gold so they've kept it in the game 'just in case'.

As far as the blog page is concerned, they updated it to add the KTM X-Bow because that wasn't initially confirmed when they added the car blog page. So, that does lead me to assume that they'll update it with the BRZ once Subaru give them the license to officially confirm it.

@Loore can say if I'm right or wrong though but that's just what it seems like to me. Would be disappointed if it doesn't make the final game, really.

KazzyMac said:

The Subaru BRZ has been in the game since the press release build; it's likely that Codemasters haven't yet got the license to use the car but are expecting to have it by the time the game goes Gold so they've kept it in the game 'just in case'.

As far as the blog page is concerned, they updated it to add the KTM X-Bow because that wasn't initially confirmed when they added the car blog page. So, that does lead me to assume that they'll update it with the BRZ once Subaru give them the license to officially confirm it.

@Loore can say if I'm right or wrong though but that's just what it seems like to me. Would be disappointed if it doesn't make the final game, really.
that's part of what I meant with the second part of my post  in the fact they've held it back because they can't officially announce it yet as they can't always announce everything all in one go in case they can't get it licensed

KazzyMac said:

The problem is, if they are waiting for it to gone Gold, shouldnt the game be already Gold by now? As the discs and console certification has to be done 1-2 months ago. Subaru should have confirmed it by now.

If they print the discs with BRZ in it, what happens if Subaru did not grant the license until the game is launched?

KazzyMac said:

The problem is, if they are waiting for it to gone Gold, shouldnt the game be already Gold by now? As the discs and console certification has to be done 1-2 months ago. Subaru should have confirmed it by now.

If they print the discs with BRZ in it, what happens if Subaru did not grant the license until the game is launched?
Day 1 patch. ;-)

KazzyMac said:
KazzyMac said:

Day 1 patch. ;-)
yeah that's what I would expect to happen too

Surprised that the brz isn't in this game cause most if not all the cars from grid2 are in the game. Yes they added a few new cars but for the most part all the cars are the same.

I have two final nagging questions.

1.) Somewhere earlier I thought I saw a slider where you could adjust the "look to apex" view but now I can't find any information on it. Is this in the game? Can we adjust the degree of head movement when turning? Thanks.

2.) Race Net is a great way to be in a group an compare stats against each other and even challenge other clubs, but can you share cars within the Club (kind of like Forza)? And if not, can you either i) sell a car to someone for, say, $1; or ii) compete in "on-line" events either by yourself or that do not involve joining public lobbies?

Thanks.

I have two final nagging questions.

1.) Somewhere earlier I thought I saw a slider where you could adjust the "look to apex" view but now I can't find any information on it. Is this in the game? Can we adjust the degree of head movement when turning? Thanks.

2.) Race Net is a great way to be in a group an compare stats against each other and even challenge other clubs, but can you share cars within the Club (kind of like Forza)? And if not, can you either i) sell a car to someone for, say, $1; or ii) compete in "on-line" events either by yourself or that do not involve joining public lobbies?

Thanks.
1) Not in Autosport

2) Can't share or sell cars to other people. You can compete in RaceNet challenge events which are online events but you'll be the only 'player' in the event.

@Loore

Q: Do we really need to wait another week ?  :O)

Serious one:

When starting the online career you can start your club and make a livery. You can start designing your livery on any of the cars available as soon as you go online?

Can you tell how the driverrating (dirty/clean) is shown in the online lobbies?

P308R said:
@Loore

Q: Do we really need to wait another week ?  :O)

Serious one:

When starting the online career you can start your club and make a livery. You can start designing your livery on any of the cars available as soon as you go online?

Can you tell how the driverrating (dirty/clean) is shown in the online lobbies?

based on @Skid's video I think you get a starter car and you can use that to create the livery with any other cars you have to buy using whatever credits or purchasing things you get from winning I think take a look at his vid in this thread.

http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/692/grid-autosport-videos-and-screen-shots-thread/p2 the video is quite long as it goes on for about 1 hour but it does show in detail a lot of the features that are in the game including online features.

As for waiting another week I think we all want the game. I've just started a good long game in Mass effect to try to kill more time and watch the WC and use that to fill the gap till Autosport is released

@Loore Are you going to release the game's soundtrack before or sometime after release?