Sign in to follow this  

Q&A Thread - Part 2

wicken said:
@Loore Are you going to release the game's soundtrack before or sometime after release?
would imagine after given the game itself comes out next week

P308R said:
@Loore

Q: Do we really need to wait another week ?  :O)

Serious one:

When starting the online career you can start your club and make a livery. You can start designing your livery on any of the cars available as soon as you go online?

Can you tell how the driverrating (dirty/clean) is shown in the online lobbies?
1) Afraid so :(

2) Yes as soon as you go online you can start making clubs and liveries. Worth noting you can only make a livery for a car that you've purchased.

wicken said:
@Loore Are you going to release the game's soundtrack before or sometime after release?
We're looking at getting the game out first, then we'll see what we can do regarding the OST :)

Disappointing no pit stops.   How does damage get repaired in a race and can you run out of fuel?
the answer  to both is no what damage you get you carry to the end of the race unless you use a flashback I assume to correct the mistake before you make it.

RobertKNL said:
@Loore

Been playing Dirt Showdown a bit today, great fun! I'm really enjoying the Joyride section. I'm wondering whether the drifiting controls are comparable to those in the Tuner discipline (tap the handbrake and then accelerate hard while countersteering a bit), or will it be a bit more complex (like the impossible drifting in the Shift games from EA)
Drifting in Autosport requires a lot more throttle management, if you put your foot to the floor while drifting around a corner you'll likely end up spinning out as the rear end will just go from under you. 

Careful throttle management is the key to success and the way I usually play it is that I break into the corner and and adjust throttle / steering lock as required. One thing to note is that it's a constant process, it's no longer a case of break > throttle > end corner. A lot more skill involved this time around, it's not impossible but there's certainly room for those that are good at drift to shine, and those that want to improve to do so.

Is there a limit on the number of people in a Club? If so, how many?

Edit: How many hierarchy tiers in a Club are there? i.e How many times can you Promote or demote people from bottom to top or vice versa?

Disappointing no pit stops.   How does damage get repaired in a race and can you run out of fuel?
the answer  to both is no what damage you get you carry to the end of the race unless you use a flashback I assume to correct the mistake before you make it.
I've been reading the blogs and discovered you carry the damage to the next race where you can fix things up in the paddock. I have no interest in single player - all I care about is online multi-player so will be interesting how that plays out on-line.  

Will the DLC be integrated to the game career or is it in quick race only and the season pass is for mini-expansion only or it will include car packs?

BAB0 said:
Will the DLC be integrated to the game career or is it in quick race only?
I also have this question. I'd like to add a second portion to this: Are y'all planning to add classes which may include some of the vehicles in the standard game? For example if you were to release a classic Le Mans pack with the 1969 Circuit de la Sarthe and a Porsche 908, Ferrari 250LM, and an Alpine A210, would the Ford GT40 be included in the new class (in this extremely hypothetical and awesome scenario)?

Simplified: Are you planning on adding only completely new stuff or will some of it integrate and supplement what you've already added?

Surprised that the brz isn't in this game cause most if not all the cars from grid2 are in the game. Yes they added a few new cars but for the most part all the cars are the same.
Looks like it is from leaked Russian videos...

I've been reading the blogs and discovered you carry the damage to the next race where you can fix things up in the paddock. I have no interest in single player - all I care about is online multi-player so will be interesting how that plays out on-line.  
Oh right haven't read too much into multi player as that doesn't interest me I stick with Single player

Oh right haven't read too much into multi player as that doesn't interest me I stick with Single player
I think it's that you don't carry all the damage but a small percentage of the damage that gradually adds up over time (I think that's what the 'condition' for multiplayer cars is). But, I could be wrong.

All I do know is that as you drive the cars and level them up, you unlock more tuning upgrades and vehicle upgrades for them, but they become more susceptible to damage (along with the cost of repair increasing). So, it becomes a balance of whether you want to be able to fine-tune your car versus having it more likely to drop a gear during a race or have it more likely to wreck in a crash.

@Loore About the PS3 version, is it possible to change the layout of the L2/R2 buttons to the R3 stick? In this case use R3 to accelerate and brake instead of L2 to brake and R2 to accelerate.

BAB0 said:
Will the DLC be integrated to the game career or is it in quick race only and the season pass is for mini-expansion only or it will include car packs?

The mini-expansions all have single player integration in the form of new championships :)

Season pass covers all car packs and mini-expansions. 

I have a question about the high resolution pack for pc. And please forgive me if it has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.

Will it make any noticeable visual difference using a 1920x1080 monitor or is it more for people with 2560x1440 and higher resolution monitors?

I'm not worried about the performance hit with 2 GTX780 cards in SLI, just curious as to what resolution is needed to see an actual difference.

Loore said:
BAB0 said:

The mini-expansions all have single player integration in the form of new championships :)

Does the new cars adds to existing classes or they are completely new classes?

How about the liveries? Do I get a selection of liveries to choose from? Or I am stuck with the stock manufacturer liveries?

Just guessing, will Touge come back as part of the Season pass? :D

Bob422 said:

I have a question about the high resolution pack for pc. And please forgive me if it has already been answered, but I couldn't find it.

Will it make any noticeable visual difference using a 1920x1080 monitor or is it more for people with 2560x1440 and higher resolution monitors?

I'm not worried about the performance hit with 2 GTX780 cards in SLI, just curious as to what resolution is needed to see an actual difference.

You'll notice the difference. The liveries on the cars will be a lot smoother, especially around any text or numbers.

Loore said:
BAB0 said:

How about the liveries? Do I get a selection of liveries to choose from? Or I am stuck with the stock manufacturer liveries?

We'll talk more about the DLC cars later on, but I believe it it'll be a bit of both. 

Liveries? You can always use the team liveries and online, create your own.

We'll see, would you like that?

Loore said:
BAB0 said:

how about the car packs? Can the cars be used in career or just quick race.

Loore said:
Loore said:
BAB0 said:

We'll talk more about the DLC cars later on, but I believe it it'll be a bit of both. 

I mean, does the DLC cars come with extra fictional team liveries for single player? Grid 1 and Grid 2 DLC cars does not have any fictional liveries for single player as it only come with the stock liveries such as the green-white official livery for Zagato GT3 but none of the ficitonal teams livery in the game. The Evo X tuner car from one of the Grid 1 DLC only comes with 1 preset livery while most other tuners in the game has at least 3-5.

As far as I know, isnt it true that you cannot create any custom liveries for offline races?

Definitely, I would like to see Touge, along with the return of the Evo X , Toyota Supra, Toyota AE86 tuner from Grid 1. Maybe circuit de Sarthe too?

I doubt the extra DLC's will have been done yet although it probably will be the same teams just some new cars and competitions to play

Loore said:
Loore said:
BAB0 said:

I mean, does the DLC cars come with extra fictional team liveries for single player? 
At this moment in time they aren't planned to be used in career.