Sign in to follow this  

Q&A Thread - Part 2

Loore said:
At this moment in time they aren't planned to be used in career.
Thats disappointing. So, they are just usable in online and also offline Custom Cup?

Still, it would be nice to have some sort of career integration.

Thanks you for the information.

@Loore, will there be an thread with recomended settings for wheel? like on f1 2013, those settings worked for me. so we know the right rotation, profiler settings and game settings to start with

Loore said:
P308R said:
@Loore

Q: Do we really need to wait another week ?  :O)

Serious one:

When starting the online career you can start your club and make a livery. You can start designing your livery on any of the cars available as soon as you go online?

Can you tell how the driverrating (dirty/clean) is shown in the online lobbies?
1) Afraid so :(

2) Yes as soon as you go online you can start making clubs and liveries. Worth noting you can only make a livery for a car that you've purchased.
@Loore

Maybe you can tell me if I understood this correctly:

1. When creating a livery without a club you need to buy a car first to create your livery for that car?

2. When creating a club, you can make a livery/design that applies to all cars you are going to drive with or without owning/buying them? Clublivery is applied in every race you enter with any car of choice?

@‌P380R

1) That's correct

2) You can only apply custom made liveries to cars that you own

Loore said:
@‌P380R

1) That's correct

2) You can only apply custom made liveries to cars that you own
What happens with Loan Cars then? Are we able to choose the 'career' liveries or are we stuck with a single default livery like in Grid 2?

For the PC 

Can we expect a detailed cockpit add-on with actual working mirrors or at least a virtual mirror?

As a patch or I would even be happy to pay for it as extra DLC. 

I agree, just at least the working mirrors would be okay. Next step would be a detailed cockpit but I can imagine there would go a lot of work into creating those for all those cars.

Or at least better textures for the cockpit. 

The whole speech that GAS is "designed for the PC" simply does not add up with the mediocre cockpit views and the total lack of mirrors.

This is either a direct result of developing for the previous gen consoles or codemasters taking the easy way.

I understand that detailed cockpits are extra work, but like said before, i'm willing to pay extra.

HoiHman said:
Or at least better textures for the cockpit. 

The whole speech that GAS is "designed for the PC" simply does not add up with the mediocre cockpit views and the total lack of mirrors.

This is either a direct result of developing for the previous gen consoles or codemasters taking the easy way.

I understand that detailed cockpits are extra work, but like said before, i'm willing to pay extra.
I second that, I would pay for something like that, the immersion it would give you would be amazing. Especially on triple screen setups. If enough people came forward willing to pay for such DLC can codies really refuse our requests? After all, they keep saying their developing GAS for us, the end users.

I just read a review of a full game that cockpit view is a total blur, literally.
What were they thinking? I pre-ordered the dang game and now this. I'm not the one that is going to be driving in cockpit, but my friends do and so I'm really upset about this. 

There better be a patch coming up soon to fix this.

Hey @Loore‌ i thought id say it on here so you can read it, i got the game 15 hours ago and have played it for about 12 hours, luckily or unluckily i had footy training.. But playing this game with a few mates, and we all love the game!! It is so fun and realistic, and as we are aussies we would like to thank you guys that the V8's are doing realistic times and are reaching realistic speeds around bathurst! everyone deserves a big congrats, the amount of cars is insane! Months of entertainment. I just have 1 question, if i read it correctly i thought on online you could do practice and qualy before the race? Or was i mistaken with single player mode? Im on the ps3 by the way :)

Wilkinson said:
Hey @Loore‌ i thought id say it on here so you can read it, i got the game 15 hours ago and have played it for about 12 hours, luckily or unluckily i had footy training.. But playing this game with a few mates, and we all love the game!! It is so fun and realistic, and as we are aussies we would like to thank you guys that the V8's are doing realistic times and are reaching realistic speeds around bathurst! everyone deserves a big congrats, the amount of cars is insane! Months of entertainment. I just have 1 question, if i read it correctly i thought on online you could do practice and qualy before the race? Or was i mistaken with single player mode? Im on the ps3 by the way :)
I think it depends on the discipline Touring cars Endurance and Open wheel do. Street I think is decided on championship standings . I do think all discplines have practice but only the first 3 I mentioned have qualifying

Wilkinson said:
I think it depends on the discipline Touring cars Endurance and Open wheel do. Street I think is decided on championship standings . I do think all discplines have practice but only the first 3 I mentioned have qualifying
But i mean online? Like ive done online racing via custom cup on all disciplines and theres no option for practice or qualifying, does that make sense @sjsharp2010‌ ? Ive done the first race in career in touring cars and i did practice there :)

HoiHman said:
What's the second screen option for in the PC version ?
It's a cool little feature that displays data on your second screen from the POV of a pitcrew with timing data and a small cam feed type view of your current driving view. I disabled it after a minute or two of playing with it, but it's a nice feature have included.

Loore, any chance of a FOV slider? Would help the sense of speed quite a bit IMO.

@Loore The game just crashed, and now I'm unable to play it anymore because it crashes everytime it starts loading my profile. What to do now?

Disconnecting my 2nd screen stopped the game from crashing, I can just restart the race, practice and qualifying progress is saved :)

@Loore What is the maximum number of garage stalls you can have? I'm ready to start building my collection, but there are so many classes/groups of cars that I'm afraid there will not be enough slots to own one of each.