Sign in to follow this  

Would you like F1 2015 to have a Helmet Designer feature?

Hi codemasters community. Since F1 2015 is coming out in June I thought this would be the perfect time to do my suggestions to developers. I personally think this will be a brilliant different to the game as this will add to the live the life aspect of the game and will just allow it to feel more personal than the generic helmets. It would be wonderful for us to have sponsors and stuff but obviously because of licence restrictions this is not possible. Just allowing us to have the type of helmet(brand) with different colours, shapes etc. will add to the experience. What would be perfect would be to have some type of online community thinga-Majig which would allow people to make their designs and allow you to upload it to the game. That would be amazing. Hearing voices about career mode not allow us to use our own drivers but real drivers would cause people to think why do we need this but if your playing online with your friends im sure some of you would want this. Maybe I'm the only one but PLEASE allow this to happen. I've been waiting for years. The excuse before was that last gen consoles Werent powerful enough but im sure current gen consoles are now do please take this into consideration. I'd love those in the communities views. Thank you @Justbiglee inform developers please :)

tbh I don't really care much either way really and assuming there isn't a career mode I'm not sure it'll make much difference.

Yes, but it'll have to wait til 2016 is seems, as all signs point to no proper career mode. Hopefully it'll be a one time thing. As career is usually about all I play. 

Most games worth their weight in salt has these sort of features. Look at FIFA, imagine the outrage if you couldnt create your own player for career (not that anyone plays it, or EA ever update it.. Theyd rather have the kids pumping money into Ultimate Team microtransactions)... whoops better not give Codies any ideas

Imo I would like to get helmet designs but be able to change colour of the helmet. And then maybe special ones for Monaco and British 

Well F1 rules now state you can't change helmet designs during the season and no career mode what is the point? This then had to be tested and do on, so spend that time on something more productive. 

i think they should add the helmet designer, simlier to how forza motorsport does it, maybe not as complex but it would be nice, also maybe have in game currency and ingame store so you can sort of buy peoples designs and creations

Tomi1997 said:
Hi codemasters community. Since F1 2015 is coming out in June I thought this would be the perfect time to do my suggestions to developers.
I guess you haven’t developed much software :) The 2015 game should be feature complete by now, and well into the test and bugfix stage.

Like others said, there won't be a career mode in F1 2015, making custom helmets useless. BUT... if F1 2016 will have a career mode again it should definitely have a helmet designer.

Well F1 rules now state you can't change helmet designs during the season and no career mode what is the point? This then had to be tested and do on, so spend that time on something more productive. 
Since when have Codemasters shown any respect to the regulations of real world F1? Regulations are read once to see what they say, and read again to see how to get around them

@tarantino, doesn't change the fact that at the beginning of the season drivers still get to design their Helmets or do they pick generic ones like we have for the past 4 years?

@scottishwildcat I know a lot about games and I know that producers can still release updates to the game after release which will allow them to add things or am I wrong?

mantazzo said:
Just wondering, where did you get the info about F1 2015 not having Career mode... Official CM source, please?
Anyway, I'm not that big designer (more like casual player), but Designer-thing would be nice I think. Although I'd still much prefer having a copy-project of F1 Online: The Game in F1 20XX. (I agree, it got boring, but it actually offered different parts and performance for the same level...)
It's been pretty much confirmed by Justbiglee in the announcment thread:

Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

Reading the tweets. It sounds like u can't create ur own driver in career mode ?? Am I getting the wrong impression. Or is this for a later announcement 
In F1 2015 you pick which driver / team you want to race for and compete as them.

Maybe everyone is taking it out of context, the question asked was 'it sounds like you cant create your own driver' and the answer was in "2015 you pick a team driver and race as them" now ive played career mode in every game and the character you use is the character that is the driver you replace, example, in 2014 you start in the williams, you replace bottas, so your character/face is bottas, maybe this is what @justbiglee was saying? 

Knowing the game will feature podium cutscenes or whatever similar, if you could create your own driver, it will need a face modeler like Fifa.So, my guess is that since they're starting a new game from scratch, carreer mode/create your driver will be something to show up later on the series, wich is reasonable...they also need to have some cards to promote the game next year.F1 2015 will sell because is "new", maybe 2016 will sell because you can create yourself, 17 because you have classic content and etc.They will never put everything on the same game IMO..

Didnt Codemasters say last year you couldnt pick your personal racing number and have your name and nationality on your overalls due to FOM/Licensing? How do they expect us to beleive this tripe when we are substituting the real driver for a fabricated one wearing a bland generic Codemasters helmet. Why would FOM not find that offensive but outlaw having your own number? The helmets actually have sponsors on them

Didnt Codemasters say last year you couldnt pick your personal racing number and have your name and nationality on your overalls due to FOM/Licensing? How do they expect us to beleive this tripe when we are substituting the real driver for a fabricated one wearing a bland generic Codemasters helmet. Why would FOM not find that offensive but outlaw having your own number? The helmets actually have sponsors on them
Like I said in the thread about this issue, it must be true because F1  Championship Edition had the same limitations in career mode. And I remember reaqding back then that the F1 license is very strict and very limited.

It would be nice, but it's hardly a priority.  There are far bigger issues with this game (netcode, physics, handling, setups, force feedback, "dead" tracks, multiplayer features, corner cutting, penalties, lack of manual pit stops/starts etc)

Like I said in the thread about this issue, it must be true because F1  Championship Edition had the same limitations in career mode. And I remember reaqding back then that the F1 license is very strict and very limited.
The drivers numbers were based on driver/constructor championship placings between 1996 and 2013. 2014 the driver picked a number, so of course CE wouldnt have that option but whats Codemaestroes excuse?

The drivers numbers were based on driver/constructor championship placings between 1996 and 2013. 2014 the driver picked a number, so of course CE wouldnt have that option but whats Codemaestroes excuse?
But even then the numbers should have automatically change each season. Besides, I meant the restrictions like helmet sponsors, driver name and flag etc.

But even then the numbers should have automatically change each season. Besides, I meant the restrictions like helmet sponsors, driver name and flag etc.
OK I see what you're saying.. but regarding the helmets, a lot of drivers have team and/or personal sponsors on theirs yet there were no licensing problems in your created fictional driver had to use a generic Codemasters one.. How is that OK but having the name on your leathers and selected number on the car NOT ok? Theres no consistancy with Codemasters, they just blame everything on FOM/licensing when it defies logic or any form of basic pragmatic thought

Not for 2015 as it is not viable now if one is not already in place. Maybe for 2016 if a career mode is available but I'm not personally bothered for myself. I never bothered painting any cars in Forza either as all I wanted was to race, but I always see posts about a helmet designer so CM should consider putting one in. 

Not for 2015 as it is not viable now if one is not already in place. Maybe for 2016 if a career mode is available but I'm not personally bothered for myself. I never bothered painting any cars in Forza either as all I wanted was to race, but I always see posts about a helmet designer so CM should consider putting one in. 
Considering it, and having the technical nouse to design and implement something effectively are 2 entirely different things. Sadly where Codemasters are concerned we are left with more questions than answers. Im sure Hatta's ghost is still lurking here, its like the guy never left (or was never here to begin with)