Hotlap Germany / no assists / 1:11,093 + Setup

Posted (edited)

I got to 0:00, sorry false claims to boost view count.

Edited by BluntRS
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BluntRS said:

I got to 0:00, sorry false claims.

lol Yep

Nice time and setup, but can't really say "No Assists" and not use cockpit. 

Edited by DaleRossi
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

Some people just don't get it do they? Mind you for a new player coming to the game from watching TV and turning all the game assists off you can't really blame them can you? Until Codemasters starts treating chea.. sorry t-cam as the major visual assist it is then that annoying flying camera will stay in wide usage. Most people don't even know that the cockpit camera is in fact the normal view a driver gets. It should be the default IMO and there should be trophies for using it. That's the only way I can see it being adopted. By rewarding people for using it. I do my small part by following any streamer I see using no assists and cockpit view. Won't even watch other streams let alone follow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Gysepy-Simracer said:

Amen to that, taking nothing away form the OP lap but for myself the following lap gave me some sweat on lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IAogIbzjos&feature=youtu.be

First I thought what the heck is this, F1 with a clean screen on YouTube it simply cant be true,

1st Sub 😎 look forward to seeing your future videos,

Take note a word ive been told I cant use, YOU WANNA CLAIM NO ASSITS, THATS HOW YOU DRIVE 😎 or call it what it is, assisted driving,

You cant blame TV Coverage for TV Pod cam users, any age person knows people dont drive like that, either by seeing the drivers climbing into the cockpit, or seeing thier parents behide the wheel,

Ultimately its Codemasters fault for zero encouragement, and rewarding assisted racing, and giving away free copys to the wrong players, showing casing, what has now become the norm sadly, Pod racing if you can call it racing,

F1 ESports for having no Pro tier, so drivers just choose the fastest option, which sadly due to Codemasters is TV Pod, and most copy,

F1 YouTubers highlighting how to exploit the game, divebombing / ramming your way through the grid, and sadly thats how most take it as how you race,

Edited by BluntRS
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, BluntRS said:

First I thought what the heck is this, F1 with a clean screen on YouTube it simply cant be true,

1st Sub 😎 look forward to seeing your future videos,

Take note a word ive been told I cant use, YOU WANNA CLAIM NO ASSITS, THATS HOW YOU DRIVE 😎 or call it what it is, assisted driving,

You cant blame TV Coverage for TV Pod cam users, any age person knows people dont drive like that, either by seeing the drivers climbing into the cockpit, or seeing thier parents behide the wheel,

Ultimately its Codemasters fault for zero encouragement, and rewarding assisted racing, and giving away free copys to the wrong players, showing casing, what has now become the norm sadly, Pod racing if you can call it racing,

F1 ESports for having no Pro tier, so drivers just choose the fastest option, which sadly due to Codemasters is TV Pod, and most copy,

F1 YouTubers highlighting how to exploit the game, divebombing / ramming your way through the grid, and sadly thats how most take it as how you race,

No assits thats for sure, i actually tried medium tc and abs and funny enough it made me slower. I actually hate having anything on the hud when im practicing, in a GP race though i do like to have the mini track map on. 

I think you are right with regards to CM giving the pre release game to the wrong people, but it is a business after all so they need to sell it... 

All these time trial world records going 1-2 seconds faster than real life just highlights how the game is not a sim, until they have lazer scanned tracks, proper setups, damage, fuel usage, tyre temps + wear in time trial then nothing will ever change... 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Gysepy-Simracer said:

No assits thats for sure, i actually tried medium tc and abs and funny enough it made me slower. I actually hate having anything on the hud when im practicing, in a GP race though i do like to have the mini track map on. 

I think you are right with regards to CM giving the pre release game to the wrong people, but it is a business after all so they need to sell it... 

All these time trial world records going 1-2 seconds faster than real life just highlights how the game is not a sim, until they have lazer scanned tracks, proper setups, damage, fuel usage, tyre temps + wear in time trial then nothing will ever change... 

For sure they got to market it, but once the videos start appearing before launch, all these TV Pod cam videos do is put me off to be honest, they need variety in players they choose,

Yea its not a sim even if its advertised as one, never will be, but just options would make all the difference, to players who dont use assits, public online in my opinion is a no go zone.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BluntRS said:

For sure they got to market it, but once the videos start appearing before launch, all these TV Pod cam videos do is put me off to be honest, they need variety in players they choose,

Yea its not a sim even if its advertised as one, never will be, but just options would make all the difference, to players who dont use assits, public online in my opinion is a no go zone.

I was under the assumption you could turn off assists on Lobbies. Unless I completely missed the option, that's not even there. Really, I would tolerate using assists as long as cockpit was forced. It's not ideal, but going online the way it is, I agree.  

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

I was under the assumption you could turn off assists on Lobbies. Unless I completely missed the option, that's not even there. Really, I would tolerate using assists as long as cockpit was forced. It's not ideal, but going online the way it is, I agree.  

Depending what you class as a assist, many only class TC and ABS as assits,

Personally I class view and visual aids as assits, gives the driver assistance, all give advantage to some degree,

Do a race in cockpit with a blank screen, opacity on 10 ( lowest it goes ) just to see where you finsh, then do a race in TV Pod every option avaible turned on, on the hud, see where you finsh, thier 2 completely different sports.

Edited by BluntRS

5 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

What FOV are you using? Nice lap! That's a great track. 

I generally use these settings , but the Offset Vertical , Angle and FOV change a little per car. I'm constantly fiddling with these settings though lol. Whatever i left out below does not make any different in cockpit view

FOV = -0.90
Offset: Hor = 0.00
Offset: Ver = -0.45
Angle: -1.00
Camera Shake: = 70.0%
Camera Mov: = 80.0%
Look to Apex: 15.0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, BluntRS said:

Depending what you class as a assist, many only class TC and ABS as assits,

Personally I class view and visual aids as assits, gives the driver assistance, all give advantage to some degree,

Do a race in cockpit with a blank screen, opacity on 10 ( lowest it goes ) just to see where you finsh, then do a race in TV Pod every option avaible turned on, on the hud, see where you finsh, thier 2 completely different sports.

I see now you can lock standard assists, but the various lobbies don't have what is open and locked to that extent unless you enter the room.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

I see now you can lock standard assists, but the various lobbies don't have what is open and locked to that extent unless you enter the room.

That's just so funny! I made some lobbies with no assists. People enter it, and suddenly when they start driving, guess what? Everyone leaves🤣 

guess they got scared once they had no abs and after that spun around too.

epic!

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

And as @AlexTT said players enter the session not knowing, 

I requested a feature to be added like Project Cars 2 last year, its not fair on the player joining nor is it fair on the lobby, avaible assits or restrictions need to be added to the lobby info list before you join, 

if you set the grid with AI, players join then leave cause they get to turn 1 then mess thier self, the AI is removed but not replaced, messing up the grid numbers.

2 hours ago, BluntRS said:

And as @AlexTT said players enter the session not knowing, 

I requested a feature to be added like Project Cars 2 last year, its not fair on the player joining nor is it fair on the lobby, avaible assits or restrictions need to be added to the lobby info list before you join, 

if you set the grid with AI, players join then leave cause they get to turn 1 then mess thier self, the AI is removed but not replaced, messing up the grid numbers.

Makes sense. The entire lobby setup is implemented really poorly. But, this is the first year they've had lobbies. So there will surely be improvements in future releases. lol

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Makes sense. The entire lobby setup is implemented really poorly. But, this is the first year they've had lobbies. So there will surely be improvements in future releases. lol

First year they had lobbys ?

Only improvements we get, is to make it easyier for the assisted Pod racer's, AI100+ percenters crew, you ant running 100+% Bro, your simple not cool cuz, you any worthy you get me :classic_rolleyes:

FYI I run no where 100%, even if I could, I wouldnt, I dont want to be labelled as a word ive been told am not allowed to use 😁

OMG! Does every thread have to be hijacked with assists vs non-assists where those that just want to play the game are belittled and beaten down because they have some sort of assist on?? Getting old now. I'm sure Codies have heard the need to be able to lock out all variations of what the "elitists" call assists in a more credible thread. Give it a rest already and let others enjoy the game how they wish to play it.

OMD! Does every reply that dare mentions no assits lobby's have to be hijacked, where those that want abit of realism ( Sorry didn't mean to swear ) are made to feel like aliens, just cause the race with no assits ?

Getting old now, I know Codies listen to the majority, cause of the current state of the game ( Lastest Forza patch, more on the way ),, Give it a rest already and let the minority enjoy the game how they wish to play it.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, martbloke said:

OMG! Does every thread have to be hijacked with assists vs non-assists where those that just want to play the game are belittled and beaten down because they have some sort of assist on?? Getting old now. I'm sure Codies have heard the need to be able to lock out all variations of what the "elitists" call assists in a more credible thread. Give it a rest already and let others enjoy the game how they wish to play it.

Most don't care what assists are or are not used, my self included. The thread said No Assists when it actually is using an assist. That's all. 

6 hours ago, martbloke said:

Well...

if you are annoyed by it, that's already 1 person. Now imagine this 50 times, and maybe CM will get annoyed too and actually start to listen. Mission success!!!

but there is NO sound from CM in any form about this and how they are going to adress it, so sorry that we keep bringing it to their attention where we can. 

It's a simple effect to lack of communication which is the cause of it all. So if you want to attack people for these posts, go to the source. Go to the cause. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Well...

if you are annoyed by it, that's already 1 person. Now imagine this 50 times, and maybe CM will get annoyed too and actually start to listen. Mission success!!!

but there is NO sound from CM in any form about this and how they are going to adress it, so sorry that we keep bringing it to their attention where we can. 

It's a simple effect to lack of communication which is the cause of it all. So if you want to attack people for these posts, go to the source. Go to the cause. 

Well the source is actually the usual suspects commenting on practically every thread about assist and how this is an assist although it's not listed as an assist and you're **** as you drive with different options to me "the elitist" blah blah.

I'm sure Codies have noted what you all are always saying whether you believe so or not. I must say I agree with you about having options to lock out everything but it doesn't need you all bombarding the forum over and over again about it. Make 1 thread and discuss it there not every damn thread that may have even the smallest reference to an assist.....or even a video showing TCam view 🤦

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Most don't care what assists are or are not used, my self included. The thread said No Assists when it actually is using an assist. That's all. 

Hate to be a stickler for facts but by the game, he is not using assists. You all claim that anything but cockpit view is an assist, but it's not listed as such so the OP is well within their rights to title it as such.

Does TCam help you drive faster by seeing more of the track? Yes of course and therefore it could be considered an assist but it's not defined as such in game. Therefore just let people talk and post about having fun with the game without threat of the elitists coming on and trying to ruin it for everyone.

14 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Well the source is actually the usual suspects commenting on practically every thread about assist and how this is an assist although it's not listed as an assist and you're **** as you drive with different options to me "the elitist" blah blah.

I'm sure Codies have noted what you all are always saying whether you believe so or not. I must say I agree with you about having options to lock out everything but it doesn't need you all bombarding the forum over and over again about it. Make 1 thread and discuss it there not every damn thread that may have even the smallest reference to an assist.....or even a video showing TCam view 🤦

Let me just say this as a final thing:

if something is advertised as the "most realistic" experience than as a consumer it's just fair to expect a realistic immersion. 

I don't see f1 drivers sitting on the halo driving their car, with TC and ABS and all that nonsense.

but for the consumer who buys this because it's supposed to be the most realistic whatever, and in a COMPETITIVE game mode which is built around SKILL and should be awarder to SKILL, there's nothing realistic about it. Absolutely nothing. No surface and carcass temps, all assists available, all the things where people can actually make a difference are gone.

realistic? Yeah realistic ********.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Let me just say this as a final thing:

if something is advertised as the "most realistic" experience than as a consumer it's just fair to expect a realistic immersion. 

I don't see f1 drivers sitting on the halo driving their car, with TC and ABS and all that nonsense.

but for the consumer who buys this because it's supposed to be the most realistic whatever, and in a COMPETITIVE game mode which is built around SKILL and should be awarder to SKILL, there's nothing realistic about it. Absolutely nothing. No surface and carcass temps, all assists available, all the things where people can actually make a difference are gone.

realistic? Yeah realistic ********.

The game must suits every gamer. Have you tried the pro career?

• Agree 1