Hotlap Germany / no assists / 1:11,093 + Setup

53 minutes ago, AlexTT said:

Let me just say this as a final thing:

if something is advertised as the "most realistic" experience than as a consumer it's just fair to expect a realistic immersion. 

I don't see f1 drivers sitting on the halo driving their car, with TC and ABS and all that nonsense.

but for the consumer who buys this because it's supposed to be the most realistic whatever, and in a COMPETITIVE game mode which is built around SKILL and should be awarder to SKILL, there's nothing realistic about it. Absolutely nothing. No surface and carcass temps, all assists available, all the things where people can actually make a difference are gone.

realistic? Yeah realistic ********.

What has that got to do with hijacking the majority of threads?

So to be the most realistic game there has to be no options at all and should be locked to cockpit, no TC, no ABS, no HUD, no nothing?? That game would not sell well! Sorry but that's fact!

If you want that, there are options for you to do that. If you want to compete against players that play that way, therein is the challenge as you cannot lock options but there's nothing stopping you from setting up a thread to find players who play like that and hook up with 1 another in a private lobby or league. Sorted! 

I'm amazed you are a member of this forum let alone buy the game if you think that options make this such an unrealistic game. Isn't that what all games do?? They need to cater to all gamers whether they are casual players or hardcore. Haha just wow. There are no more words! 

• Agree 1

My biggest issue is online and how unrealistic "realistic" that's built. There is zero options for non assist drivers to race against each other in a ranked lobby which should MEASURE skill. Sometimes I'm in luck and have a lobby of 6 people NA. Best races ever. Close racing wheel tot wheel, but no steering into each other or other nasty tricks. 

Then a gold "skilled" player comes in, and the fun is gone. They (mostly) exploit TC and ABS. With TC they can slam you sideways and move on, and offroad without issues. With ABS they brake late, overshooting the apex and thus blocking you from steering in. I can go on and on...

don't get me started about the newest hype, when they spin, they will do everything to block the way. When you try avoiding they just move in that way. It seems to be the newest trend because ghosting doesn't start instantly, which should happen the moment someone spins and is sideways on track. If that doesn't happen, good luck. I had in belgium, flatout through blanchimont, someone went off, and not waiting as they should, immediately backwards to where i was going to avoid him to close that gap, en forwArd wen i steered the other way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, martbloke said:

What has that got to do with hijacking the majority of threads?

So to be the most realistic game there has to be no options at all and should be locked to cockpit, no TC, no ABS, no HUD, no nothing?? That game would not sell well! Sorry but that's fact!

If you want that, there are options for you to do that. If you want to compete against players that play that way, therein is the challenge as you cannot lock options but there's nothing stopping you from setting up a thread to find players who play like that and hook up with 1 another in a private lobby or league. Sorted! 

I'm amazed you are a member of this forum let alone buy the game if you think that options make this such an unrealistic game. Isn't that what all games do?? They need to cater to all gamers whether they are casual players or hardcore. Haha just wow. There are no more words! 

I can't make a RANKED lobby with all assists off. If that was the case, we wouldn't have this discussion.

don't start about unranked lobbies, I'm not a ******. If they want to cater everyone, why isn't there an option for NA lobby RANKED? 

There are people who also like to be awarded for actual skill in a FAIR environment. And ranked lobbies is all but fair because a majority exploits assists just to win. 

Indeed, no more words for your ignorance. Now please stop and don't keep this discussion going when you are the one calling us out for what we say. 

It's out opinion, and since I last checked it's still part of freedom to have an opinion and speak it out. 

Edited by AlexTT
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

Well the source is actually the usual suspects commenting on practically every thread about assist and how this is an assist although it's not listed as an assist and you're **** as you drive with different options to me "the elitist" blah blah.

I'm sure Codies have noted what you all are always saying whether you believe so or not. I must say I agree with you about having options to lock out everything but it doesn't need you all bombarding the forum over and over again about it. Make 1 thread and discuss it there not every damn thread that may have even the smallest reference to an assist.....or even a video showing TCam view 🤦

Its @BluntRS Your Welcome,

On 7/19/2019 at 6:46 PM, BluntRS said:

I got to 0:00, sorry false claims to boost view count.

And ******* read what I actually ******* wrote.

26 minutes ago, martbloke said:

No fact is your a troll, fact is no one is asking for what you claim, and thats FACT!!

Read Let The Players Decide, and get your facts, cause the facts are thier for all to see, and thats a FACT!!

2 hours ago, BluntRS said:

No fact is your a troll, fact is no one is asking for what you claim, and thats FACT!!

Read Let The Players Decide, and get your facts, cause the facts are thier for all to see, and thats a FACT!!

Yep I read that thread and agree with that. Was actually commenting on the ridiculousness that was AlexTT's argument.

Like I said, I fully support options to lock everything to how 1 wants to play. I don't support all this hate towards others because you and your clan of elitists think everyone is a noob and so you have to hijack any thread that shows any play through in a non-hardcore way where any sort of assist is used. It's pretty pathetic. You have your own thread for that like you said.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

39 minutes ago, martbloke said:

Yep I read that thread and agree with that. Was actually commenting on the ridiculousness that was AlexTT's argument.

Like I said, I fully support options to lock everything to how 1 wants to play. I don't support all this hate towards others because you and your clan of elitists think everyone is a noob and so you have to hijack any thread that shows any play through in a non-hardcore way where any sort of assist is used. It's pretty pathetic. You have your own thread for that like you said.

No, I commented cause I was led to bielve to bielve the video was something it wasnt, its YouTube click bait to gain views,

In my thread am asking for assits,

And thankyou for your support.

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, martbloke said:

Okay, like i said, your ignorance is at a level I can't match, because you will beat me with your experience. But I won't let anyone false accuse me. What's pathetic is you saying I am an Elitist and that everyone with assists is a noob? 

WHERE have I said those exact words? I don't feel like an Elitist, far from, but I will stand for what I say about FAIR competition! And btw, I didn't even hijack this topic so that's strike 3!

3 things that I didn't say or do, and you call me pathetic? Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your own hands are clean🖕🏻

1 minute ago, AlexTT said:

Okay, like i said, your ignorance is at a level I can't match, because you will beat me with your experience. But I won't let anyone false accuse me. What's pathetic is you saying I am an Elitist and that everyone with assists is a noob? 

WHERE have I said those exact words? I don't feel like an Elitist, far from, but I will stand for what I say about FAIR competition! And btw, I didn't even hijack this topic so that's strike 3!

3 things that I didn't say or do, and you call me pathetic? Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your own hands are clean🖕🏻

Yawn! 😂

• Disagree 1

It's annoying to me that I actually agree with points made by everyone here, despite the parties involved getting annoyed with each other. The more options available, the more people will be happy. Wanting to become elite is a good thing as it is self improvement. Bragging about being elite is not a good thing. Be proud but not loud is my motto. An assist user calling a non assist user an elitist per se is just as annoying as a non assist user looking down their nose at an assist user like they were some kind of cheat by default. Actual cheats are scum wherever they are. Assists against other assists races is not cheating. Assist against non assist in same lobby is effectively dev sanctioned cheating. Imagine an fps mp game where different players could choose to start with double health, extra armor or extra speed! That's what mixed lobbies actually is and I believe it is very unfair. It would be much fairer to have official ranked lobbies split up into say 3 choices. Beginner, Normal and Pro (or they could just match up with the driver assist level chosen on assist screen) . The assist levels would be locked for each tier, the higher the tier the more exp points available. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

It's annoying to me that I actually agree with points made by everyone here, despite the parties involved getting annoyed with each other. The more options available, the more people will be happy. Wanting to become elite is a good thing as it is self improvement. Bragging about being elite is not a good thing. Be proud but not loud is my motto. An assist user calling a non assist user an elitist per se is just as annoying as a non assist user looking down their nose at an assist user like they were some kind of cheat by default. Actual cheats are scum wherever they are. Assists against other assists races is not cheating. Assist against non assist in same lobby is effectively dev sanctioned cheating. Imagine an fps mp game where different players could choose to start with double health, extra armor or extra speed! That's what mixed lobbies actually is and I believe it is very unfair. It would be much fairer to have official ranked lobbies split up into say 3 choices. Beginner, Normal and Pro (or they could just match up with the driver assist level chosen on assist screen) . The assist levels would be locked for each tier, the higher the tier the more exp points available. 

Look forward to your thread, more support the better, better chance of it happening.