AI patch 1.05 wet weather pace...

Am I the only one or has the AI wet weather pace gone off the charts badly? Suddenly in v1.05 I am 1 to 3 full seconds slower than my team mate in the wet even though I am driving decent laps without any mistakes. Absolutely unplayable and can not enjoy playing in the wet at all, makes no sense even. Why did they even upgrade their wet pace as it was pretty ok before v1.05 in my opinion already...Please if anyone else has the same issue, reply to this. 

• Agree 6

Wet weather is pure cancer in this game. Thanks to everyone who complained about wet weather. The game has been ruined because of you.

Agreed. Honestly I'd rather be fast in the rain and pretend I'm the new Ayrton Senna

It was way too slowing 1.04 haven't had a problem in 1.05. Enjoying the challenge don't want to be dominating a 25% race by 30 seconds.

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 1

The AI was broken slow before and I haven't faced rain in 1.05 yet but I just know that they're probably going to be broken fast now. They don't do minor adjustments when advertising a fix.

• Agree 1

I’ve had a couple of wet races. Especially rain hitting at the end. I havnt noticed that I am much slower than AI, seemed pretty balanced to me. I was catching about 2-3 seconds per lap in the wet before new patch, and now I am pretty much even with the cars I should be fighting with. 

8 hours ago, HDR10 said:

Wet weather is pure cancer in this game. Thanks to everyone who complained about wet weather. The game has been ruined because of you.

Or maybe you're just bad at wet weather? Everyone was 1.5 second faster than the AI before and now it's pretty much ok, so yes, luckily we "ruined the game" and it's good now.

• Disagree 1

The AI in the rain on 1.05 is absolutely fine in my experience. The performance was very comparable to the same difficulty level in the dry, so it's all good.

• Disagree 1

Speaking as a 2010 to 2018 player the problem in the rain was always that the AI had no adjustment period they put in pefects laps from the off while the player has to settle in.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

For me it’s pretty much spot on.

Did a dry-wet (1/3-2/3) 50% Champ mode at Canada just now. 

103 difficulty, were +\- .100 / lap at P2 vs P1 Hamilton + 2 sec gap in the dry. 
Pit for inters at the same lap for testing purposes. 

Overtook Hamilton after 3 wet laps. 
Won by roughly 6 seconds. 

His out lap was very fast though maybe because I race with simulated tyre temps. 

I have tested wet and mixed wet 25% races at Silverstone and Barcelona post patch. I was maybe a bit slower. 

I do ultra short shifting out of corners    
Mode 1 ers out of corners until 4-5th gear were I switch to mode 4. 

Dry setup at Canada. A rough setup I made 55% diff, min camber, 1/1 suspension. 7/7 anti roll bars, 3 ride height  

Car in wet consitions is stupidly sesnsitive you almost couldnt touch gas pedal. Car need more grip in wet imo.

I have been facing them today @ Canada in the wet (dry tyres, but rain, DRS not disabled) and they were faster than before but for me it was just right)

But yeah you are right, the car is way more sensitive it feels like and the AI gets better traction than in 1.04

• Agree 1

They have a bit too much traction wet or dry in F1 2019. A tad too much I feel.

They are always perfect on the power, which in longitude and lateral corner exits are super difficult. 
Like corners before the 1st drs in Canada for example. 

they need to tweak that a tiny bit. 
That’s why the general consensus is that ai are so fast in the straights. 
the acceleration is always perfect. 🥴

6 hours ago, riccardobosio said:

Or maybe you're just bad at wet weather? Everyone was 1.5 second faster than the AI before and now it's pretty much ok, so yes, luckily we "ruined the game" and it's good now.

I'm sure it's "pretty much ok" on your adorable little 80% difficulty. However, some of us are actually good at the game and play on 105% or higher.

Keep practicing, squirt, you'll get there some day.

12 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

I'm sure it's "pretty much ok" on your adorable little 80% difficulty. However, some of us are actually good at the game and play on 105% or higher.

107% difficulty, keep trying.. maybe you'll learn how to drive on wet conditions without being a cry baby after a good patch😉

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, riccardobosio said:

107% difficulty, keep trying.. maybe you'll learn how to drive on wet conditions without being a cry baby after a good patch😉

Cockpit cam assits off?

1 hour ago, HDR10 said:

I race on 105-110 and I have had no problems. Eat your own words.

• Agree 1

18 hours ago, ZTheLightningZ said:

Am I the only one or has the AI wet weather pace gone off the charts badly? Suddenly in v1.05 I am 1 to 3 full seconds slower than my team mate in the wet even though I am driving decent laps without any mistakes. Absolutely unplayable and can not enjoy playing in the wet at all, makes no sense even. Why did they even upgrade their wet pace as it was pretty ok before v1.05 in my opinion already...Please if anyone else has the same issue, reply to this. 

Practise practise and practise

3 hours ago, riccardobosio said:

The AI in qualifying in the rain on 107% is faster than the fastest wet TT times, therefore during the race, they will be faster than the very best players on the planet by the same factor.

Next time, try to come up with a more believable lie, kiddo. Better yet, instead of trying to come up with any lies, keep practicing so that you can finally move beyond 80% difficulty.

• Agree 2

I have no troubles with the AI in the wet being able to match Perez on 105. V1.05 AI is much better than being unable to race the AI because they are so slow on corner exit. 

Posted (edited)

I was about 3 seconds faster then them before the patch and now  im about 4 seconds to slow. I already went down on difficulty and ive seen ridicoulus times from them. In wet conditions ( still with dry tyres) they set dry times for example. In full wet condition depending on the track they are now way to fast.

Edited by AssassinTraube

4 hours ago, HDR10 said:

The AI in qualifying in the rain on 107% is faster than the fastest wet TT times, therefore during the race, they will be faster than the very best players on the planet by the same factor.

Next time, try to come up with a more believable lie, kiddo. Better yet, instead of trying to come up with any lies, keep practicing so that you can finally move beyond 80% difficulty.

Wow you're really eating crow😂😂 I don't know what kind of game you're playing if you say that since the majority of people can drive well in rain conditions. Is it too hard to admit it's you and not the game for once? I'm not saying I'm better than anyone and I'm not interested in that because I'm not. It's you that keep trying to be better than the others saying they use 80% difficulty.. can't they be good? Only you can play at 105 or more? I don't understand why you're trying to be better than the others. Keep complaining.."kiddo" 😂

• Disagree 1

Posted (edited)

After the last few posts, it's apparent that most of you are referring to your experience in career mode. This all makes sense now. You've got no problem in the rain because you're in a mid tier team racing against other mid tier teams who also sucks in the rain. I'm in championship mode in a Mercedes, racing against the top tier teams. The top tier teams are the problem. So of course if you're racing against Perez you won't have any issues. I can easily out pace Perez by 1-2 seconds per lap in the rain. I can also place well in wet TT. Racing against Mercedes, Ferrari, and Red Bull, is another story. The AI in these cars put down faster lap times than the best players on the planet do in wet TT.

I finished 5th at China in the rain, which isn't a disaster, but the top cars were absurdly fast.

Edited by HDR10

I've noticed the AI wet pace in my career mode. Season 2, currently with ferrari (was alfa season 1) who are 4th fastest team. Heavy rain in qualifying in baku and I can't get anywhere near the AI (AI at 92). I put in 3 different times, the best of which still 2 seconds off landing me down in 18th.

In the race (5 lap), it is dry and I suddenly have pace again and take 6th place as well as fastest lap, simply running out of time for further progress.

Why was I so slow in the rain compared to the AI?