Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nonsense AI R&D developments

It makes no sense at all no, needs to be fixed asap. I am in my 2nd season and both Renault (Weber) and Toro Rosso (Butler) are skyrocketing through the development. See the added picture.

For your information, i am Red Bull, spent all my R&D in upgrading the car, do all the practice programmes and q1,q2,q3 and races. Had 1 minor update fail this season. So i am wondering how Renault can upgrade for 350 frikkin points where i only have about 130 points.20190726_160235.thumb.jpg.af8a61c470cf03b2081deeb28e3e8829.jpg

Btw, see that upgrade from the dark blue line (red bull) from Sochi to Suzuka? That is an Ultimate upgrade.

13 hours ago, DijkDevil said:

It makes no sense at all no, needs to be fixed asap. I am in my 2nd season and both Renault (Weber) and Toro Rosso (Butler) are skyrocketing through the development. See the added picture.

For your information, i am Red Bull, spent all my R&D in upgrading the car, do all the practice programmes and q1,q2,q3 and races. Had 1 minor update fail this season. So i am wondering how Renault can upgrade for 350 frikkin points where i only have about 130 points.

Wow, that's horrible. How on earth is it possible that 2 teams that were about 5th-7th in the order get to dominate the field within the same season? This is just nonsense. I don't have such  absurd R&D chart, but I'm just in Spain in season 2. In my career I'm at Red Bull and I have serious problems keeping up with McLaren as they made a giant leap between seasons yet still continue to bring upgrades for every race since then.

What driver transfers did Renault and Toro Rosso make in your career? I'm starting to wonder that maybe teams that often change their driver line-up get to develop super quickly thanks to the points they get when new drivers join them. When the player changes teams it's 5000 points, which could be a huge boost.

It´s the same here. Even with a maxed out powertrain ( End of Season 3 ), i´m still behind Redbull with nearly the same horsepower. So far so good.

But after starting Season 4, every team dropped by a significant amount of power due to the fact of the regulatory change. My powertrain ist still maxed out, so my team ran out of possibilities to improve the hp while Williams didn´t loose any of theirs. Haas did loose way less than other teams too. There´s no chance in competing with them. It´s like someone´s rolling the dice. It´s pure non sense.

3.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

2.jpg

Can anyone who's seen some of these ridiculous development jumps from the AI list all of their driver transfers? I'm curious to see if that has an effect on anything, because someone else mentioned that you get 5000 development points (a ridiculously huge number) when changing teams and this might therefore apply to the AI as well. If it does, then teams who go through a lot of transfers would be more likely to get to the top.

Renault now is Verstappen and Weber.

Toro Rosso is Butler and Vettel

Ferrari stayed with Vettel and Leclerc for almost the entire season and didn't do any upgrades, now that they had a transfer i am curious if they will do upgrades. (As if they now have 5k points to spend)

2 minutes ago, DijkDevil said:

Renault now is Verstappen and Weber.

Toro Rosso is Butler and Vettel

Ferrari stayed with Vettel and Leclerc for almost the entire season and didn't do any upgrades, now that they had a transfer i am curious if they will do upgrades. (As if they now have 5k points to spend)

How many transfers have Renault and Toro Rosso gone through in total over the course of the two seasons? Have they ever used anyone other than their starting or current drivers?

19 hours ago, Coffer said:

How many transfers have Renault and Toro Rosso gone through in total over the course of the two seasons? Have they ever used anyone other than their starting or current drivers?

Renault had:

Ricciardo/Hulkenberg (Start season 1)

Ricciardo/Weber (Around race 8 1st season)

Verstappen/Weber (start 2nd season)

Toro Rosso had:

Butler/Albon (start 1st season)

Butler/Vettel (around race 12 in 2nd season)

As far as i can remember these are all the transfers.

Ps.

I am now 1 race left from finishing season 2 and Toro Rosso just hit the 950 mark, Renault didn't do any upgrades so far and Ferrari had 1 upgrade which brings them on par with Williams. (Yes, Ferrari was the worst car of the pack in my 2nd season) 😱

The whole system needs to be revised. How many times has anyone seen a car that is top dawg at the start of the season be overtaken in development by a midfield team during 1 season? I'd expect their close competitors to catch them or potentially overtake them slightly but not a midfield car or even a back marker car!

By all means shake it up at the end of the season to kind of simulate development in the off-season and winter testing but shouldn't change by the amounts we are seeing during a season!

I think that guy Lee Mather was talking about a few years back when this system came in with his spreadsheet needs to get it back out again and check his math! 😂

Is the development of the car of some teams related to the driver transfer situation?

The performance update was too soon, I played 2 races before the update, Haas were op in prepatch though they did well, now Racing Point are very very op, they were instantly nearly matching Red Bull so this may be main issue with Racing Point doing so well. Not sure why they did this, everything performance wise seems to be wrong, I can imagine the hardship of getting car specs correct but hopefully they will bring out another performance update because this would make the game so much more exciting, the power circuits almost every car is so well matched, and the midfield is the closest and most competitive I've ever seen!! Its amazing!

On 7/25/2019 at 9:19 AM, diegogelo said:

What disturbs me is how much a team can improve IN the season. I wouldn't mind if the team with the slowest car becomes the fastest in between seasons, that's strange but more likely to happen in real life. 

You nailed it. Same with the driver transfers btw. I just expect a season to have the same competitors with teams moving up 1, max 2 in the rankings. I have zero problems with Williams being 3rd in season 2, due to whatever regulation change. 

On 7/28/2019 at 11:43 AM, Coffer said:

Can anyone who's seen some of these ridiculous development jumps from the AI list all of their driver transfers? I'm curious to see if that has an effect on anything, because someone else mentioned that you get 5000 development points (a ridiculously huge number) when changing teams and this might therefore apply to the AI as well. If it does, then teams who go through a lot of transfers would be more likely to get to the top.

I made a post on Reddit about it but it never gained traction. I’m still at Baku and hesitant to continue cause I don’t want to be dealing with these insane performance updates by the AI.

https://www.reddit.com/r/F1Game/comments/cew0m0/increased_cpu_performance_updates_linked_to/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

Hi guys and girls,

I have the same issue. In first season everything was normal and my development was slightly better than of the other teams because of the results I delivered. Than the transfers started In season 2 and mclaren, toro rosso and alfa romeo boosted from midfield up to top teams within few races. It seemed strange to mee because the development was so big that my big updates were nothing compared to them. It was frustrating but I kept playing the season to the end hoping in season 3 it will get to normal but it is even worse. You cannot keep up the pace of development no matter how good you are driving and achieve the goals. There must be something wrong.

F58D9CD8-17CC-46CE-B6C0-EDC562CC151F.jpeg

In my career mode Grosjean and Perez swapped seats and both Racing Point and Haas are now skyrocketing through development. They should probably patch the AI R&D. It's pretty ridiculous. Would be great if you moved teams like 5 times throughout the season but it definitely penalizes you staying with a team. I don't even mind the AI developing at a good pace but their rate is too high atm. (What happens if half the drivers move in S2 and I stay put?)

Increase from 600 to 1000 for McLaren in 14 races !!!! Is-it a joke ? 

Everyone has the same thing or it's a bug for few people ?

Same issue here: even while doing 3-4 practice programs across all 3 sessions every weekend,  level 3 bonus for the contract, getting race bonus’, etc and hardly doing any durability Red Bull (my team) dropped to 5th in the standings by the second season with NO way to catch up with the teams who had driver transfers.

5 hours ago, Lucasky said:

Increase from 600 to 1000 for McLaren in 14 races !!!! Is-it a joke ? 

Everyone has the same thing or it's a bug for few people ?

Did you have driver transfers to McLaren?

We are talking here about our problems, looks like everybody has the same problem. Does CM developers read this? I just wondered. I am waiting an explanation like “Yes we know this is a problem for everyone, we will fix this.”. 

Do you have this issue on all platforms?

maybe they don’t fix it because it is only on ps4?

Let's summarize the facts.

1. Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull can no longer compete from the 2nd season. This can not be a coincidence, because many complain about it.
  2. McLaren, Torro Rosso, Renault and Alfa Romeo take the lead because after season 1 they can do several major updates simultaneously.
  3. The above-mentioned teams, like McLaren, change their drivers relatively frequently, which seems to allow them to spend 5000 R & D points.

Conclusion

either...

1. Codemasters deliberately programmed that because they didn't want a realistic but an "exciting" career, leading to different winners and forcing us and the AI to change teams several times. Only a few people play a career over 10 seasons. They have adjusted everything so that your Career is over after 3 seasons.
  2. or the whole system is partially broken. Probably, because the AI can now also change the team.

They need to fix this. Its actually game breaking. I'm in Red Bull, did well at first and getting 50 in almost every practice programme at every race and weve slipped from 3rd to 8th in the R and D standings. As with most peoples games Renault have jumped to the top. 

Maybe they can give us an option at the beginning of the career mode, do you want a long and realistic career or do you want short and exciting career. In realistic mode 10 season long, much slower R&D upgrades, more regulations, more failures etc... Other hand, In exciting career mode 3-5 season long, faster upgrades less regulations, less failures.