Nonsense AI R&D developments

4 hours ago, dionysos018 said:

Maybe they can give us an option at the beginning of the career mode, do you want a long and realistic career or do you want short and exciting career. In realistic mode 10 season long, much slower R&D upgrades, more regulations, more failures etc... Other hand, In exciting career mode 3-5 season long, faster upgrades less regulations, less failures. 

Sounds good

It's a joke at the moment. Just done Canada and having started the season 3rd in r and d we are now 9th, despite me aceing the practice sessions and not upgrading reliability (gear box is fun). Career mode is actually unplayable like this.

Agree that this partially breaks the career mode experience....it should really be fixed. I started one game with Toro Rosso and another one with Renault...with both of them I was already the 4th best team by race 7 or 8, which is nonsense....and then you are already racing at the same level of the top 3 teams, which is absolutely ridiculous.

I've never finished a season because everytime I get by race 7 it's so easy that I start another save to try to make things more difficult and realistic.

This is actually the reason I signed up for this forum...I was searching online for info about this.

Please, fix this! 🙂  

On 8/1/2019 at 11:54 PM, TJH said:

Let's summarize the facts.

1. Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull can no longer compete from the 2nd season. This can not be a coincidence, because many complain about it.
  2. McLaren, Torro Rosso, Renault and Alfa Romeo take the lead because after season 1 they can do several major updates simultaneously.
  3. The above-mentioned teams, like McLaren, change their drivers relatively frequently, which seems to allow them to spend 5000 R & D points.

Conclusion

either...

1. Codemasters deliberately programmed that because they didn't want a realistic but an "exciting" career, leading to different winners and forcing us and the AI to change teams several times. Only a few people play a career over 10 seasons. They have adjusted everything so that your Career is over after 3 seasons.
  2. or the whole system is partially broken. Probably, because the AI can now also change the team.

very good summary! hopefully the developers will see this and do something...the problem seems to happen not only after season 1, but also within the seasons....there is a huge development boost of some teams even within season 1

Edited by DonNige

Is there an update on this @Faya? I like how the game was released early, but first I was waiting for performance update to start career and now I’m waiting for AI to develop less fast and it’s almost the “regular” release date. 

I’d love to know whether you’ll address the R&D development anytime soon and if so, what would be the timeline?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Koekenbakker28 said:

Is there an update on this @Faya? I like how the game was released early, but first I was waiting for performance update to start career and now I’m waiting for AI to develop less fast and it’s almost the “regular” release date. 

I’d love to know whether you’ll address the R&D development anytime soon and if so, what would be the timeline?

Yeah would be great to know. I've had to put my career on hold for the second time.