purchased game F1 2019 not accepted by Steam

Question

We bought a 4DVD F1 2019 anniversary edition. (online)

when we enter the code supplied with the game to install it on our windows computer, steam says that we need to install the original game first.

In other words: Steam thinks that this DVD set is an add-on to an existing game.

This is NOT the case, there is NO mark or identification  on either the package or DVDs that we bought an add-on.

what to do now?

3 answers to this question

12 hours ago, Nemesis2001 said:

We bought a 4 DVD F1 2019 anniversary edition. (online)

when we enter the code supplied with the game to install it on our windows computer, steam says that we need to install the original game first.

In other words: Steam thinks that this DVD set is an add-on to an existing game.

This is NOT the case, there is NO mark or identification  on either the package or DVDs that we bought an add-on.

what to do now?

Go back to the seller. Check the game is valid in your territory.

Only issue with codes is user error (misreading codes) I1 O0 4A B8 Z2 5S G6 7T (maybe not in this font, but hey)

Some LEGENDS Editions have 2 codes, one for the game and one for the DLC, the DLC code validated for some then stopped working but those users hadn't entered the game code.

HTH.

Thanks,

I will dive into this and contact the seller, I also will check the package for another key.

you were right, there were 2 activation codes in the package... I didn't expect that.

thanks for your help