Sign in to follow this  

5 rainy races in a row on career mode, it's a joke

Since 1.05, I've noticed that there are a lot more rainy races, which are terrible, not enjoyable. Please codemasters, fix this. Before 1.05, we barely had rainy races, which reflects reality. I know you guys don't care much about reality, but it sucks to have 5 wet races in a row, that has never happened in the history of the sport...

25%. I haven’t tried that. But before 1.05 I was playing 25% as well and the rainy races frequency was good, barely had any

It's definitely frustrating. Same problem in PCars 2. You look forward to a certain track to race and then Boom, rain.  

Maybe have an option to turn it off, but dock the progression etc if that's the issue.

Posted (edited)

I don't get it why developers love rain so much. Past few seasons it haven't rained even in traditional rainy circuits such as Spa or Interlagos. Which was the last rainy race? Germany 2018? And before this one I don't even remember which one it was. But in Codemasters' mind it rains every 3 races.

The rain in Codemasters F1 games always sucked. It starts to rain, the track looks wet, there is some spray, but you can't pit yet, you have to wait for the grip feel slippery. Then the rain is gone and there isn't that dry line like a 2001 game such as GP4 had. I wish career and championship mode had an option to change the weather like a quick race, I would definetely set it to clear 100% of the races, or maybe occasionally race a wet race in Silverstone/Spa/Shanghai/Interlagos.

I know that some people love wet races, but I would rather have rainy races similar to Forza Motorsport 7, the rain ratio there seems realistic.

Edited by CF86BR