Rivals R&D pace is too fast

I'm in Ferrari in my second season, we started as the 4th best team and now we are half way through the season and we are the 6th best team. Renault is crazy, the went from 575 to 750 in ten races. Williams went from 525 to almost 700. In the meantime, I started in 570 and we are in 675 doing all of the practice program and completing all of the team goals. 

Pd: I started the season after the 1.05 patch

15636800828575314250847401627198.jpg

I was closer at the beginning of the season but also the Renault and the Mercs are so close in the race that they lose a lot of time fighting each other. Kvyat (in Renault) and Bottas fought for all of the 52 laps in Silverstone. 

This is ridiculous and has to be patched! Last year the system was way better. Development of other teams‘ cars is too fast!

I haven’t switched to any other teams but I have a theory on why the AI teams develop so fast. I don’t think the AI purchases any reliability upgrades. I kind of did the same thing but only purchased the General Maintenance plus one gearbox and ICE reliability upgrade and that’s how I was able to get ahead. Sure I’m prepared for grid penalties but oh well.

30 minutes ago, MPHGP817 said:

I haven’t switched to any other teams but I have a theory on why the AI teams develop so fast. I don’t think the AI purchases any reliability upgrades. I kind of did the same thing but only purchased the General Maintenance plus one gearbox and ICE reliability upgrade and that’s how I was able to get ahead. Sure I’m prepared for grid penalties but oh well.

Same, my ICE lasts for 4/5 races haha

Yep the AI R&D is really bothering me midway through my 2nd season. Torro Rosso have gone from 3rd worst team in Australia to miles ahead of the pack by Belgium. Haas and Renault are now 2nd and 3rd best and Ferrari have somehow dropped all the way to 3rd worst team. I'm in a McLaren and can't possibly keep up with the AI development speed.