Posted (edited)

As title, but just incase.

Delete
[dɪˈliːt]
VERB
  1. remove or obliterate (written or printed matter), especially by drawing a line through it.
    "the passage was deleted"
    synonyms:
    remove · cut out · take out · edit out · expunge · excise · eradicate · cancel
Edited by BluntRS
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Wheel but your reply give me a idea, works perfectly, your a genius thankyou, now use both.

Which idea? DRS and pit limiter to the same button?

I thought it WAS possible after all both clutch and gear shifts are assigned to paddles by default. It even shows up in menu as a warning but still works. Correct me if I'm wrong! 

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I thought it WAS possible after all both clutch and gear shifts are assigned to paddles by default. It even shows up in menu as a warning but still works. Correct me if I'm wrong! 

That's one button for two functions, not two buttons for the same function 😉

• Haha 2

I use a wheel and pad (for now until my arduino is in) pad for extra functions like brake balance and diff, and mfd shorts.

when my arduino is in I can finish my buttonbox with rotary's for the brake balance and diff settings. 

Because i found out that there is KEYBOARD SUPPORT!

Can you use a wheel and pad on PS4? Assign button x on wheel to say MFD, and button x on pad to something different?

Don't know if this would work but i may give it a try...

14 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Can you use a wheel and pad on PS4? Assign button x on wheel to say MFD, and button x on pad to something different?

Don't know if this would work but i may give it a try...

Yeah you can, it's pretty useful. I have the pad next to my wheel and use the sticks for differential and brake adjustments etc. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

OP's posts is unclear. The title is selfexplaining but the info given by OP in the textfield is totally off. This post however is meaningful and based on trial and error I managed to map multiple functions to one button. Just those functions that only work in certain sections of the track can be used like the PIT limiter function and DRS. You can map other functions to those buttons were the original function overrules the other function once used in the designed section of the track. I haven't tried using the controller next to my wheel. Kalamazoo123 is raising this question and I'm interested in the outcome.

Alex TT mentions keyboard support. I question this, because if present we wouldn't suffer from a lack of mappable buttons on our wheel. I still have a surplus on buttons on my Fanatec gear which is completly useless on Xbox. PS4 has some more options but it still is very dissapointing that all the wheel possibilities from different brands are not support by this years edition for agruable reasons.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks Worntoathread. I will look for means who to implement a controller in my hardware config. Might disassemble one and be creative. Using the extra controller also means it needs power.

Edited by 1512marcel

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

Yeah you can, it's pretty useful. I have the pad next to my wheel and use the sticks for differential and brake adjustments etc. 

Thank you! Good to know

OP - why have you changed title to delete and remover all your comments?

Despite you not taking the time to articulate what you actually meant in the first place this has actually become a useful thread!

Would be good if you could edit the title back to something useful to direct others who may be struggling with button mapping to the thread...

Weird, but I guess he's trying very hard to correct his post after the comments. I agree, the actual title was perfect, your comment wasn't but this for sure is a meaningful thread, so please restore the original title. That covers about everything posted here. Sorry to confuse you.