Do something different next year.

30 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

I'm not sure if it is.

Yeah, I was just talking about my ideas.. just kidding ofcourse 😁

I agree, there are a lot of bad ideas on this forum, but also a few good ones. But yes, it’s all about the implementation. 

This game could be phenominal, but there are just some really questionable decisions made. 

Fernando Alonso is helping with Grid. They could have used him for a day on this. Major driver transfers, setups that look like they're from PS2, and a absolutely no regard for people that want a no assist/cockpit sim experience are all really bad. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PureDriving said:

@sjsharp2010I'm thinking the opposite, it's the only game that will kill the boredom for me, like f1 2018 did.

Each to their own I suppose but personally I need more than just a new paint job. I nearly decided to give F1 2019 a miss but the driver transfers idea convinced me to give it a shot. I've not played career so haven't experienced them yet but I am looking forward to it. But I expect to be starting in about another 2 or 3 days if I can keep up the pace and get my 2017 season finished. But I definitely feel ready to take on Weber and Butler.

12 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

This game could be phenominal, but there are just some really questionable decisions made. 

Fernando Alonso is helping with Grid. They could have used him for a day on this. Major driver transfers, setups that look like they're from PS2, and a absolutely no regard for people that want a no assist/cockpit sim experience are all really bad. 

Fernando won't have anything to do for 2020 so yeah why not the F1 Alonso edition.  A career path where R&D is a struggle and instead of bringing you to the front of the grid you end up in the back. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

Fernando won't have anything to do for 2020 so yeah why not the F1 Alonso edition.  A career path where R&D is a struggle and instead of bringing you to the front of the grid you end up in the back. :classic_biggrin:

Well they do have consultants to use such as Anthony Davidson so it's not as if they haven't had help if they wanted it. As Ant has driven these cars admittedly most of his career in them he was in and around the back of the grid but still. Personally I've not had any issues but then I'm not a 100% sim type player. I'm more of a simcade one which is what CM mainly aim at when I play games like this.

Simcade is fine and without that accessibility, they wouldn't be a AAA title. It's the complete disregard for sim options that sucks. 

What's more frustrating is CM clearly understands assists since they've done it properly in Dirt Rally 2.0. Or at least, they've locked out exterior cameras if you're playing no assists.

The car setups arent the end of the world, but when camber, toe, and suspension top times are essentially the same on every track, something is wrong. 

15 hours ago, AvengerGR35 said:

I believe that if the devs of Dirt took over the F1 game we would see something different and probably better. Dirt isn't a perfect game, but the car damage and sounds are on point. Not to mention the other features like creating your own team and other stuff. Codies, please swap the F1 dev department with the Dirt dev department just for one year to see what they can do.

You need to go read some of the Dirt Forums my friend before asking for the Development Department switch 🙂

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

If you haven't played an F1 game since 2013 I guess F1 2019 will blow your mind. If you haven't played 2017 or 2018 this is the best F1 game ever. But when you bought every version (except the one that was not on PS4 whilst every other game came out on PS4) the game get's old quickly.

I've played all of them up to and including 2017, and the 2018 beta. The last time I could be bothered finishing more than one season was 2013, though... it wasn't perfect, but with some classic tracks in addition to the classic cars, plus Murray Walker AND The Chain, it was pretty close 😉 

Edited by scottishwildcat

I'm enjoying it. I started with 2017, missed 18 out and got 19 - kind of gotten bored of the buying same game every year like Fifa now. I've never understood why they cant just have one game and release 6 monthly DLC or something, end up paying a bit less and there would be more constant development. instead of an "overhaul" every year. - still i think f1 2019 is fab

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

I've played all of them up to and including 2017, and the 2018 beta. The last time I could be bothered finishing more than one season was 2013, though... it wasn't perfect, but with some classic tracks in addition to the classic cars, plus Murray Walker AND The Chain, it was pretty close 😉 

Totally agree with everything you said.Still can't fathom why all these bugs and glitches get carried over every year...Well guess i will pass this years game

Edited by audacious

The 2 year thing is bull...they might've had 1 resource on it for the first year but if you look at the amount of changes/additions a series like NBA 2k does year to year there is no way Codies spent 2 years on this.  Even MLB The Show who is known to have a incredibly small development team produces way more changes/additions in their game annually.

The logic by Codemasters was simply they had to release F1 earlier because they have GRID coming in September so if F1 released in August as usual they'll risk the games interfering in each other sales i.e. instead of F1 selling 1 million and GRID selling 1 million they might have a case of both selling 750k to put it in simple terms.

So they decided to release F1 early...but they realized with the passionate community they have they risk upsetting their fans for undermining the F1 franchise by giving it a shorter dev cycle.  So what is the most reasonable thing to do?  Sell it as having a 2 year dev cycle...and they win by creating more excitement and deflecting an upset fan base.

F1 2019 has a lot of issues and I'm starting to lose all hope.

Just watching Ben's youtube career mode series has huge issues especially with AI strategy.  And don't get me started on the same issues appearing year after year even if they fixed it with a patch BOOM it is back with the new release.