Sign in to follow this  

H-pattern shifter and cockpit view on-screen display

My latest, latest bugbear is with H-pattern shifting. I can't get my wheel to work with the H-patter shifter even though I have set up every gear to a shift on the stick (Fanatec CSL-E with stick). Why is this an issue you ask? Well, CM do what they seem to want to do, bucking convention. For example in the cockpit view of the game they remove all the on screen tachometer and gear indication. How very realistic you say, but every other game doesn't do this. Why? Because you can't see the cockpit very well in games like this, and in a classic car, in this case, I have no way to know what bloody gear I'm in. This has been the same way since they introduced these classics. Obviously it might then be ok if I could get the H-pattern working in cars that have them, as I would then know what gear I am in just by feel or looking, as in reality. Only it doesn't seem to work for me

I wondered if anyone else had tried doing this, and had any joy? I know it's not something many may have wanted to do, but there you go. That's me.

I think you have to activate it in game settings. In cars that used an H shifter, I have no problem using it. If you're trying to use it in cars that use sequential, I'm not sure if there is a way to do that. But yeah, zero problems in the 70s through early 90s cars using H pattern and clutch. 

Regarding the dash, you may need to adjust your FOV. Here is s decent calculator. https://dinex86.github.io/FOV-Calculator/

H shifter cars you can tell what gear you're in by the shifter position and the others all say it on the wheel/dash. 

19 hours ago, mumblesh said:

My latest, latest bugbear is with H-pattern shifting. I can't get my wheel to work with the H-patter shifter even though I have set up every gear to a shift on the stick (Fanatec CSL-E with stick). Why is this an issue you ask? Well, CM do what they seem to want to do, bucking convention. For example in the cockpit view of the game they remove all the on screen tachometer and gear indication. How very realistic you say, but every other game doesn't do this. Why? Because you can't see the cockpit very well in games like this, and in a classic car, in this case, I have no way to know what bloody gear I'm in. This has been the same way since they introduced these classics. Obviously it might then be ok if I could get the H-pattern working in cars that have them, as I would then know what gear I am in just by feel or looking, as in reality. Only it doesn't seem to work for me

I wondered if anyone else had tried doing this, and had any joy? I know it's not something many may have wanted to do, but there you go. That's me.

Didn't fully understand your request. If you are in cockpit view you will find the gear and speed on the steering wheel display or do you mean for classic cars? The only things you can't see in cockpit is DRS activated yes/no (some cars have lights but not all) and the proposed gear.