Sign in to follow this  

F1-assists-2020

Posted (edited)

This is not F1, is it. F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport. The 20 best, fastest and complete drivers in the world. 

Who tops leaderboards in codemaster f1 games? ASSISTS users. The players who put in the least effort, the software drives around the track for them and gives them bragging rights. 

All us no assists? (especially on pad) Were like those on Fifa who dont pay the most money, grinding constantly for terrible reward.

I was against boycotting f1 2019. No way will I buy f1 2020 to race (and lose) to assists users. 

Edited by PureDriving
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 4
  • Disagree 1

Don't understand why Codemasters can't just create a filter - or create a separate leaderboards - the software obviously recognizes whether you are using assists - and given that wouldn't be difficult to add non-cockpit view as an assist. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, PureDriving said:

This is not F1, is it.

Well spotted. It's a video game, that people of all ages and abilities play for fun.

Edited by scottishwildcat
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 4

3 hours ago, scottishwildcat said:

Well spotted. It's a video game, that people of all ages and abilities play for 

It's an F1 simulator. I also pay €90 a year for it. It's also an E-Sport which is an official worldwide competition with cash prizes.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, PureDriving said:

It's an F1 simulator. I also pay €90 a year for it. It's also an E-Sport which is an official worldwide competition with cash prizes.

It may have F1 simulation buried deep in the options but the E-Sport series is not a sim for start. Tcam is arcade, assists are pure arcade. Real F1 drivers are allowed zero assists, they are outright banned. Plus they obviously have to drive in cockpit view. 

Anything less than cockpit view, zero assists and no hud at all should NOT be calling itself a sim. Period. 

Of course it can still be a very fun arcade game, no shame in that, but call a spade a spade please! 

Edited by sloppysmusic
Auto screwup
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, PureDriving said:

You really think it can be called a simulator?

Project Cars and iRacing are the closest we have in the gaming world to a simulator. Even they are lacking due to computer processing power.

Maybe if the car setup was more accurate and responded remotely like the real world then it could be called a simulator! At very best it can be called simcade.

I can't justify paying full price for a game that's half finished at launch and arguably never gets finished. Unfortunately this practice of half finished games is the trend this generation.

• Agree 1

I thought they had it right when the game was originally released in that if you use an assist, you're slower.  But I think they changed that again to the point where using assists is now faster again.  There was a lot of noise on the forums about pad users not being able to compete anymore online due to the assists being slower.  

I'm a wheel user that uses no assists, cockpit view, no hud.  Currently Gold rated. 

If having assists means there are more people of my pace to compete against, great.  If it means I'm racing wheel to wheel with people who don't know how to control their car as well as I do, and we crash resulting in me losing skill/safety rating......then we have a problem.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

It's an attempt at a simulator that is improved each year. It's a bit arcade but I did not say how good or bad of a simulator it is.

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Real F1 drivers are allowed zero assists, they are outright banned. Plus they obviously have to drive in cockpit view. 

My point exactly, why is It an E-Sport driver (let's use Brendon Leigh) can be paid to race for Mercedes yet if he actually raced online, assists users are likely to be faster if they are as good as him. 

I'm just tired of chasing my tail against assist users and seeing knobheads in my leagues who just pop online every now and again and win even though I know full well how bad they are. They are the most likely then also to drive dirty or brag about their pace. Please....

Edited by PureDriving
  • Like 1