A.I have gone backwards 1.05

Just wanted to say the A.I have gone even more backwards now than before 1.05 . They are more clumsy and it seems the balance of great attacking moves and defending has been compromised. Please change back A.I to 1.04

• Agree 2

the ai is screwed with patch 1.05. We can just hope that they patch it back to what it was in 1.04. Even Merc/Ferrari cars stick in the train a few laps which let some Renaults/Mclaren finish in front if they stop 1 time less....

• Agree 3

28 minutes ago, Mobcat94 said:

the ai is screwed with patch 1.05. We can just hope that they patch it back to what it was in 1.04. Even Merc/Ferrari cars stick in the train a few laps which let some Renaults/Mclaren finish in front if they stop 1 time less....

I was behind few cars in in a race . Went round the outside and Hulkenberg got scared of an overtake from my mate and slammed on the brakes and darted right into me , absolute stupid and ruined my race . Not seen that before this patch.  It was like he was swerving away from police spikes on the track . France 90 A.I

15 hours ago, TRJoey said:

It's not worse than 18 . It's one of the better games in a few years actually . Alot less bugs than last year and they are working on these . Good one codemasters

3 hours ago, TRJoey said:

Just wanted to say the A.I have gone even more backwards now than before 1.05 . They are more clumsy and it seems the balance of great attacking moves and defending has been compromised. Please change back A.I to 1.04

I respect your opinion, after all I don't have the 19 game. I can only base my opinion on the feedback given in this forum. Maybe when the final patch is released I'll buy the 19 game second hand.

I bought at or around release every game in the series, but after 15 I have only got them second hand, and only after all patches were released. Improvements have been made granted, but bugs that existed even before the game engine overhaul/new generation of console still exist at the launch of the 19 game. There seems to be no feedback from patches in the previous game to the development of the new game. Moreover the 19 game was allegedly 2 years in the making, one would have hoped more effort would have been put in to getting it right at launch.

Given you think the AI have gone backwards in the recent patch, can you really have any confidence in the product going forwards?

As an avid F1 fan and gamer I want to like and enjoy the games, but sadly I can't! Neither can I reward codemasters with my hard earned cash for the sloppiness of the games, or the contempt they seem to show their customers. Customers, who it would seem, pay for the pleasure of doing 90% of the game testing for them.

• Agree 1

Personally I have no problems with it. I don't know about you but to me they are the same as before. Or is the problem in narrow tracks? The only race I've done with the updated AI is Belgium and I didn't see any difference. Although I admit at the start of the race I noticed some small trains forming.

You can see in my video that they are racing hard between 10:03-10:38, 10:55, 12:48-13:30, 13:57-14:20 and other parts of the video too.

• Like 1

@AvengerGR35

The Video Loks fine. Like 1.04 to me to be honest. Seeing the AI going side by side is nice to see but does not happen in my races. They back up immediatly entering the corner... 

I play 50%races at 94% AI. Whats your settings?

At china Q1 vettel was P1 with more than 1sec gap to o2. In Q2 also. In Q3 Hamilton got pole with more than 1sec to P2...in the race Vettel and Hamilton finished P8 and P5 because they just followed the train after their pitstops...

The only adjustment I needed to take was increasing the AI difficulty. 1.04 I was at 87 AI, with 1.05 I needed to go up to 90.

Just had a rainy race in Germany, I got bumped twice in my rear, first Ricciardo wanted to pull over right in front of the corner, did it too late, hit my back, and then Vettel when we went in the the motodrom. Ok I excuse them, nothing happened to me (after we saw Verstappen in Silverstone a F1 car can take a lot 😄 ) and it was raining heavy. Besides I have no big reporting on the AI.

The AI is not perfect, they will always do the odd stupid thing, i guess you can’t programme for every eventuality.

I have to say though, in my opinion, the F1 games from Codies have always had the best AI by far compared to other racing games i have played (GT sport, PC1&2, AC). Not just better in fact but miles ahead of these games in terms of AI intelligence and how you can race them.

F1 2019 seems like another small step forward improving the already brilliant AI.

Like i say, it will never be perfect, but honestly the AI in these games is so good compared to other racing games that it seems very harsh to criticise. For me it is one of the selling points!

@AvengerGR35

The Video Loks fine. Like 1.04 to me to be honest. Seeing the AI going side by side is nice to see but does not happen in my races. They back up immediatly entering the corner... 

At china Q1 vettel was P1 with more than 1sec gap to o2. In Q2 also. In Q3 Hamilton got pole with more than 1sec to P2...in the race Vettel and Hamilton finished P8 and P5 because they just followed the train after their pitstops...

9 hours ago, Mobcat94 said:

@AvengerGR35

I think the AI difficulty plays a big role in their behavior. I play on 104% difficulty and 100% races. I noticed that in lower difficulty like 95 they are a bit clumsy. When I do Free Practice I decrease the difficulty to 95 and the AI is acting a bit weird. Even though we are not racing they still try to block me sometimes and do stupid mistakes. 

• Agree 1