Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gearbox management??

My gearbox lost 2nd gear in the 4th grand prix. I see I only have 2. How do I repair that gearbox for future races? Thanks.

I ran into this problem at Spain also. I am new to the game. Upgrade durability in R&D as you earn points in the early games. I started my season over and that did the trick. After Monaco, you get to take a new one without penalty. 

Or if you want to keep your season going, you can replace it now and take a grid penalty. 

37 minutes ago, chevy1080 said:

My gearbox lost 2nd gear in the 4th grand prix. I see I only have 2. How do I repair that gearbox for future races? Thanks.

You can't repair them, you can just switch them out. You're allowed to switch the race gearbox every 6 races, but if you do beforehand, you get a grid penalty. I believe it's a 10 spot grid penalty. All you can do, like Beast70 mentioned, is upgrade the durability. 

On 7/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, chevy1080 said:

Can't fix it. Try to downshift more gently and take better care of it. When approaching a corner you should FIRST brake, and THEN start downshifting, so that the revs of your engine stay as low as possible. Hope that helps, it helped me massively when I found that out. 
Sometimes, to try and be more "aggressive" we forget that.

Just use your R+D points on gearbox wear and tear until it is maxed and then you should be able to just drive however you like for future races