Feature Request: Multiplayer car in time trial

In order to get better aquatinted with the feel of the multiplayer car, I went to time trial to do some rivals and was disappointed to find I could only pick official team cars. It's a bit lame when you look at the leader board and all you see is Mercedes Mercedes Mercedes. 

So feature request please to have option to use multiplayer car category in time trial, and possibly even a dedicated leaderboard?

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Time trial setups dont work online. Cars perform and feel different online aswell, compared with Time Trial.

Basicaly in TT, your Multiplayer car would feel exactly like the cars that are already there. 

When i want to setup my multiplayer car I set a host LAN game up with myself set the practice length to 45 mins and short qualy (18mins) set race settings and assists to what it is online then test and play about with settings in practice then do qualy runs in qualy.... hope this helps 

Why not just get rid of the multiplayer car?

I Don’t  want to drive a made up car, i want to drove one of the real F1 cars!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

When i want to setup my multiplayer car I set a host LAN game up with myself set the practice length to 45 mins and short qualy (18mins) set race settings and assists to what it is online then test and play about with settings in practice then do qualy runs in qualy.... hope this helps 

How do you host a LAN game with yourself?

3 minutes ago, drKotasz said:

How do you host a LAN game with yourself?

Select LAN game on the multiplayer page then a menu pops up and  select Host LAN game I'm on ps4 by the way 

1 minute ago, gtfclad82 said:

Select LAN game on the multiplayer page then a menu pops up and  select Host LAN game I'm on ps4 by the way 

Yes I did that. But I can't play because the host is waiting for other players to join. How did you practice just by yourself?

When in lobby go to host options there you can set your prefered setting's.

Posted (edited)

I've set a multiplayer ai car to join my session....... go to add/remove ai tab in host options add 1 or more ai cars go to session option's tab set maximum players to 2 go back to lobby and ready up... @drKotasz

Edited by gtfclad82
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, drKotasz said:

Fantastic man. Thanks for your help 🙂

I remember the days you got a booklet with your game not even a pfd online nowadays..:classic_blink:

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 11:41 AM, gtfclad82 said:

I've set a multiplayer ai car to join my session....... go to add/remove ai tab in host options add 1 or more ai cars go to session option's tab set maximum players to 2 go back to lobby and ready up... @drKotasz

Last night I set up everything exactly as you said. Maximum number of players 2, added an AI car. It doesn't work. There's no ready button, only "awaiting players". It's not possible to ready up until a second player joins. If it's really possible on PS4 it means the PC version works differently.

Edited by drKotasz

2 hours ago, drKotasz said:

Last night I set up everything exactly as you said. Miximum number of players 2, added an AI car. It doesn't work. There's no ready button, only "awaiting players". It's not possible to ready up until a second player joins. If it's really possible on PS4 it means the PC version works differently.

It's definetly possible on ps4.... You can have as many players as you want join the session I just have 2 because then there's more room on track to practice my setups this is exactly what I do.....

Join LAN game

Host LAN game

(HOST OPTIONS) max players 2>practice length long>race distance 25% (as is online multiplayer)

RACE SETTINGS tab> I set as is online 

ADD/REMOVE AL > i select just one Al car (one click to the right) 

ASSIST RESTRICTIONS> same as online

Then save in the save/load settings

Then I go back to lobby and there's a ai driver called Arron Barnes and my ready up button is available 

36 minutes ago, gtfclad82 said:

It's definetly possible on ps4.... You can have as many players as you want join the session I just have 2 because then there's more room on track to practice my setups this is exactly what I do.....

Join LAN game

Host LAN game

(HOST OPTIONS) max players 2>practice length long>race distance 25% (as is online multiplayer)

Then I go back to lobby and there's a ai driver called Arron Barnes and my ready up button is available 

All right. I'll give it one last try. I didn't do the save/load settings step. Maybe that'll do the trick..

On 7/23/2019 at 12:04 PM, gtfclad82 said:

Join LAN game

Host LAN game

Ok this time I followed your instructions to the letter. And it worked! Now I can practice freely, thanks!

• Agree 1