Jump to content Jump to content

Rating System

diogotilim

Rating System  

16 members have voted

1. 1. You would like a Rank System, where the riders will only compete against riders of their same level!

• yes
    • no

Você gostaria de um sistema de classificação, onde os pilotos só competirão contra pilotos do mesmo nível!

basically there is already a ranking system in the game, that's how we earn credits at the end of each daily, weekly, and monthly event.
It would take a few modifications and additions to the code, and it would be almost done considering that we ran alone, so there would be no punishments, the points gained would be based on the community delta time, as well as we earn the credits.
Let's say for the first time there would be a six level ranking system. (beginner, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond).
Bronze rider times would only be compared to bronze riders, and so with the other ranks, gold compared to gold, diamond with diamond.
It would be much but fair for a bronze pilot to just be compared to a bronze pilot. Also would have the overall rank, all run together but in the times table we have the divisions of the ranks, in my view is quite simple to do.

Is this for like esports or something? I fail to see how a rank system would help at all in the current state of the game since you aren't ever competing directly against other drivers outside of the extremely limited MP lobbies that pop up.

Or do you just wan to be able to finish "top tier" in daily events without having to actually finish top tier?

Pro Tour is what you're asking for. It existed in DiRT4 and it failed because noone played, thanks to the variable car classes and senseless rally schemes.

Best way is to join a league or see what eSports is going to offer.

3 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

Is this for like esports or something? I fail to see how a rank system would help at all in the current state of the game since you aren't ever competing directly against other drivers outside of the extremely limited MP lobbies that pop up.

Or do you just wan to be able to finish "top tier" in daily events without having to actually finish top tier?

Other racing games like PC2 and GT Sport have the rating system and it makes the game much more immersive in my opinion. You have much more motivation to not disconnect or ram other people when you know you're going to go down in the rankings. Sure, you don't get to physically race other people in rally, but you can still be ranked in terms of your rallying skills based on your pace, number of terminal crashes, DNF's, repair costs, restarts etc. I think it would be pretty cool.

14 hours ago, danielofifi said:

Other racing games like PC2 and GT Sport have the rating system and it makes the game much more immersive in my opinion. You have much more motivation to not disconnect or ram other people when you know you're going to go down in the rankings. Sure, you don't get to physically race other people in rally, but you can still be ranked in terms of your rallying skills based on your pace, number of terminal crashes, DNF's, repair costs, restarts etc. I think it would be pretty cool.

So a general grading system and a "scorecard" almost for each driver? Eh ok I can see some value to that. I don't think it could be applied in any way to limit drivers though on who races vs who because the people who are good aren't always going to waste the time it takes to become ranked and you could easily just **** off the people trying with those who don't. 

Now as a general driver profile scorecard to view yourself and compare with others (that doesn't influence any kind of matchmaking/competition) would work. You could base it off of dailies or My Team. But I think leaving out anything related to custom MP or clubs would be a requirement.

2 hours ago, Mike Dee said:

So a general grading system and a "scorecard" almost for each driver? Eh ok I can see some value to that. I don't think it could be applied in any way to limit drivers though on who races vs who because the people who are good aren't always going to waste the time it takes to become ranked and you could easily just **** off the people trying with those who don't. 

Now as a general driver profile scorecard to view yourself and compare with others (that doesn't influence any kind of matchmaking/competition) would work. You could base it off of dailies or My Team. But I think leaving out anything related to custom MP or clubs would be a requirement.

Yes I agree with most that you said, but for the sake of motivation there could be tournaments from time to time that you can only enter if your rank is high enough. Ideally with high rewards. This way people would actually care about their "scorecard".

Imagine if there were for example liveries that you can unlock only by driving well enough. I don't know about you, but I would be much more motivated, focused and generally get a bigger rush from running stages. Because as it is now, I don't really bother whether I place 150th or 780th because it doesn't really matter that much, even in terms of rewards.

4 minutes ago, danielofifi said:

Yes I agree with most that you said, but for the sake of motivation there could be tournaments from time to time

Yeah I'm all for that because honestly that is DR2.0's biggest weakness - there isn't any real motivation to play the "core" part of the game. All my motivation to race comes from clubs/user challenges/MP sessions and not from My Team or Dailies or anything else.

Even without the rewards I like the idea (but that's probably cuz I don't need credits for anything). Liveries would be a cool prize but you also know how much people complain when they can't have everything in a game "they paid for"... Hell I'd even be ok if we brought back the VIP crowns or something next to names on the leaderboards for someone who places top #N positions

2 minutes ago, Mike Dee said:

Liveries would be a cool prize but you also know how much people complain when they can't have everything in a game "they paid for"... 

True. When I saw that people were complaining about not being able to take part in another rally if your car is already in use somewhere else, I thought that's a great idea. I would even make it so that when you completely wreck the car and want to repair it, you have to actually wait for a day or two before you can use it again. People would learn from their mistakes much better and driving on the limit would be that much scarier.

basically there is already a ranking system in the game, that's how we earn credits at the end of each daily, weekly, and monthly event.
It would take a few modifications and additions to the code, and it would be almost done considering that we ran alone, so there would be no punishments, the points gained would be based on the community delta time, as well as we earn the credits.
Let's say for the first time there would be a six level ranking system. (beginner, bronze, silver, gold, platinum, diamond).
Bronze rider times would only be compared to bronze riders, and so with the other ranks, gold compared to gold, diamond with diamond.
It would be much but fair for a bronze pilot to just be compared to a bronze pilot. Also would have the overall rank, all run together but in the times table we have the divisions of the ranks, in my view is quite simple to do.

Archived