Sign in to follow this  

Dirt Rally 2.0 - PSVR support

Posted (edited)

Dear Santa Claus,

My name is Mark and i have been very good this year and played Dirt Rally VR a lot!

This year i would really like the PSVR support for Dirt Rally 2.0! Thank you so much 🙂 I alredy own DR 2.0 Deluxe Edition and PSVR would make it perfect!

Sincerely

Mark

xoxo

B714C3DC-7C4E-453C-83E9-751541C57C6C.jpeg

Edited by Moguzi
  • Like 2
  • Agree 6

Just ordered an Oculus rift S, hope the so-promised summer release for Oculus rift comes soooooooon.

10 points for a stylish OP, but unfortunately I think you have a snowball's chance in hell of it coming to PSVR. Maybe, maybe, as a remaster on the PS5.

DR1 for PSVR was already a paired back visual experience, but given how much DR2 struggles on console in 2D I just can't see there being enough optimisation room left to get it to run in VR without looking like arse. They unfortunately can't just release it for PS4 Pro - Sony won't allow it - so it has to be able to run at a minimum of 60fps (for re-projection to 120fps) on the base model PS4, a big ask.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2019 at 3:15 AM, JesseDeya said:

10 points for a stylish OP, but unfortunately I think you have a snowball's chance in hell of it coming to PSVR. Maybe, maybe, as a remaster on the PS5.

DR1 for PSVR was already a paired back visual experience, but given how much DR2 struggles on console in 2D I just can't see there being enough optimisation room left to get it to run in VR without looking like arse. They unfortunately can't just release it for PS4 Pro - Sony won't allow it - so it has to be able to run at a minimum of 60fps (for re-projection to 120fps) on the base model PS4, a big ask.

Gran Turismo works and looks very good on PSVR. That mean the consol wouldnÂŽt be the issue.

On 7/27/2019 at 2:15 AM, JesseDeya said:

I understand your point, and maybe you are right, but i've a feeling that with the right optimization and the downgrade of some of the visual effects, it's possible to run DR2.0 in a non pro ps4 PSVR. The previous DR was able to perform very nicely in PSVR, even in RX, with 4 or 6 cars been projected simultaneously, so i guess (and hope) it's feasible, at least in rally stages...

• Agree 3