Sign in to follow this  

Looking for wheel set information for f1 2015 game

Everyone is getting caught in the hype of the new game but, like most gamers, I am looking to decide what platform to get for the new game.  But most important, what wheel set to get to compliment it.  There is a very limited choice for wheel sets so far and this being the year for a new game and new console makes it paramount to know this ahead of your purchase with your hard earned money$$.  A lot of us had purchased logitech wheels maybe expecting them to continue to be supported by the game, only to be shocked that potentialy they will no longer be.   For PS4$ you can get a thrustmaster t80(non ffb) or t300RS$ (force feedback).  For XBox One you will get a Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback$.  I am not sure if Fanatec has announced their wheel set.  I am afraid of PC with all their problems I read in the forums, I like the idea of just inserting my disc in the console and play, so maybe PC is out for me.   Also, there is a potential that your existing wheel might just work but you would need your controller to navigate the menu.  I just wish there was more information out there to make an educated decision.  So maybe, I will just delay my purchase and read the reviews first in the forum.    

Fanatec just recently released drivers for devs to make almost all their wheels work on PS4. 

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/home/fanatec-wheel-support-comes-to-consoles

And in this thread: 
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/5546/fanatec-wheels

it's said that cm devs are aware and have been in touch with Fanatec, so hopefully we'll get those wheels compatible on ps4.

Xbox one, is screwed unfortunately. The irony is that my wheel with a Forza emblem in the center will work on Ps4 but not Xbox one.

I have both ps4/xb1 , unsure which console to buy for: if ps4 then t300rs + f1 wheel add on.. Or if xb1 then tx racing wheel + f1 wheel add on , both from thrustmaster, I was looking to find out which was the lead console in testing the game, 

I doubt they'll admit one way or the other. Most likely response will be "both versions were developed at the same time" or something along those lines. Just like any other dev lol.

Best bet would be to wait til after release and see what actual users have to say about each version. 

A breakdown of the wheels available:

1) I'd stay away from any non FFB wheel such as the Thrustmaster T80 and the 458 Spider on Xbox One.

2) In terms of the T300 (PS4) vs TX (XONE) wheel, they are closely matched but the T300 has the edge in the degrees of rotation and the actual rim itself. The TX rim is quite cheap feeling and made of plastic compared to the metal T300 rim. Remember that all Thrustmaster sets are upgradeable and interchangeable wih their "ecosystem", so you can get another rim for the TX wheel but that will cost more.

3) With the Mad Catz Xbox One Wheel, the FFB and Helical gear system doesn't compare to the Thrusmaster brushless motor, belt driven wheels.

4) Old Fanatec wheels whilst being compatible with PS4 simply do not compare to the newer Thrustmaster Wheels. The new Fanatec offering will cost over $1000.

5) There is also the Thrustmaster T500 which is PS4 compatible but is a bit more expensive. The main differences here are the pedal set it comes with which is better than the T300 set as well as a bigger rim and static paddle shifters.

6) For PS4/PC your best bet is the T300 (RS or GTE version) and for Xbox One it is probably the TX wheel. As stated previously you can also upgrade pedals and rims with the Thrustmaster "ecosystem".

lmntr said:
Everyone is getting caught in the hype of the new game but, like most gamers, I am looking to decide what platform to get for the new game.  But most important, what wheel set to get to compliment it.  There is a very limited choice for wheel sets so far and this being the year for a new game and new console makes it paramount to know this ahead of your purchase with your hard earned money$$.  A lot of us had purchased logitech wheels maybe expecting them to continue to be supported by the game, only to be shocked that potentialy they will no longer be.   For PS4$ you can get a thrustmaster t80(non ffb) or t300RS$ (force feedback).  For XBox One you will get a Mad Catz Pro Racing Force Feedback$.  I am not sure if Fanatec has announced their wheel set.  I am afraid of PC with all their problems I read in the forums, I like the idea of just inserting my disc in the console and play, so maybe PC is out for me.   Also, there is a potential that your existing wheel might just work but you would need your controller to navigate the menu.  I just wish there was more information out there to make an educated decision.  So maybe, I will just delay my purchase and read the reviews first in the forum.    

There is a lot more options for Xbox One... this is what im getting for my Xbone... not sure what i will get for my PS4 and new PC:

Thrustmaster TX Racing Wheel Ferrari 458 Italia Edition for Xbox One:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tx-racing-wheel-ferrari-458-italia-edition

And the Ferrari Wheel Add on:
http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/ferrari-f1-wheel-add

Im also getting the RSeat RS Formula V2 gaming cockpit in red to compliment the ferrari style wheel:
http://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=109

PS
I contacted Thrusmaster and they told me that the Ferrari Formula 1 replica add on rim is compatibe with all quick release wheels.

Copy of the email:

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXXXX,

Regarding your TX Racing Wheel.

We thank you for your choice of Thrustmaster products.

The Ferrari Wheel Add-On is compatible with all our wheels which have the Thrustmaster Quick Release System. That means it doesn't matter what the trader states on his website, because the Add-On is compatible with your racing wheel as well.

Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding other matters.

Thrustmaster Technical Support is at your disposal for any other information you may need. You can reach us online at the following addresses:

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng for the latest updates and FAQs

or by telephone at one of the numbers listed on the following page: http://ts.Thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=contact

Kind regards,

Your Thrustmaster Customer Support Agent, Jonathan

I hope this helps you,

>:)

im new in this steering wheel game as well as f1, ive played alot of nascar and would like to enter into the world of f1 and steering wheels.  im on xbox 1 and will be buying the 2015 f1 game but also buying the new nascar that will be out sometime 2016.  my question is which steering wheel system will be best for both worlds??? maybe im asking the wrong forum thread but any info would help!

dcole300 said:
im new in this steering wheel game as well as f1, ive played alot of nascar and would like to enter into the world of f1 and steering wheels.  im on xbox 1 and will be buying the 2015 f1 game but also buying the new nascar that will be out sometime 2016.  my question is which steering wheel system will be best for both worlds??? maybe im asking the wrong forum thread but any info would help!
There are ingame settings that will help you tweak the games to your liking, regardless of which wheel you go with.

Okay, project cars has already posted for sometime a comprehensive list of wheels that will be compatible with their game in all platforms.  http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

Why can't f1 2015 codemasters do the same?  We only know of a several wheels above that they have bothered to announce as "official".
Surely, there must be other wheels that will work with it but are not official.    More information will be greatly beneficial in this area if they really wanted to move their game.     

The answer to your question... wait for it...

Here it comes..........

"Soon".  hahhah this is becoming a big joke.

I should become a Codies employee. :)

Just curious, if anyone has tried a suppossedly incompatible wheel with Project Cars, like any of the Logitech with the PS4?  If it worked, I wonder if it would work with f1 2015.  I read somewhere that some incompatible wheels might work but you would have to use the controller to navigate the menu.  I also left a "clean message" in regards to their wheels no longer compatible when visiting gaming.logitech.com when asked to review their website.  Maybe if enough of logitech owners would do this………….

I am not aware that f1 2015 codemasters have bothered to post a compatible list.  Project cars have and they list the t100 compatible for both pc and ps4; so this wheel has an excellent chance to be compatible with f1 2015.   I do not think anyone can confirm this until people start playing it or codemasters finally post it.  Still waiting and no sale for me…….

One of the reasons I decided to return to PlayStation with PS4 was because of the wheel support, there is a very good variety of wheels available already. I bought a T300RS and it's amazing.. :)

Britpoint wrote on the "announcing f1 2015" thread "OK so, you will be astonished to discover that I can't give you a supported wheel list! Basically there are one or two devices that have little bugs that are being worked on, and until they're fixed there's a small chance those devices won't make it on the list. So rather than risk releasing one list then having to remove a device from it, we're just waiting until everything on there is definitely good to go. 

Personally I think your devices will probably be fine. But that's not totally confirmed at this point, so I recommend waiting for the full list to be certain."

I appreciate the fact that you guys are working on a compatible wheel set list and that you are working on a couple that have some problems.  I will still wait until all information is in before I purchase a game copy, since I most likely would have to buy another wheel.  I am still hoping I might be able to use my existing wheel.   I really believe that this information has to come out before 
launch.

Is there a timeline to release a list of compatible wheels?   I already have another game and have a wheel in mind to get.  But I want to ensure it will be compatible with f1 2015 as well.  I do not think I can wait until July.  I am afraid that if I buy a wheel set and later find out it is not compatible with 2015; I will not be buying the game.   I already know of the "official" wheels but that is not what I have in mind.    Any information will be greatly appreciated.

7thGearRL said:
G27 is going to work with F1 2015 on PC, right?

Just double-checking...
No, logitech wheels do not work on Ps4.
What?! Oh, consoles, never mind. No, for real: not supporting Logitech wheels is putting your middle finger to steering wheel users. There aren't many other suppliers and Logitech (in my opinion) is the best manufacturer.

7thGearRL said:
G27 is going to work with F1 2015 on PC, right?

Just double-checking...
No, logitech wheels do not work on Ps4.
What?! Oh, consoles, never mind. No, for real: not supporting Logitech wheels is putting your middle finger to steering wheel users. There aren't many other suppliers and Logitech (in my opinion) is the best manufacturer.
Blame rest with logitech. They've abandoned the console market.