Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mildly disappointed with Career Mode in F1 2019

So in F1 2018 you can make more than one career mode character. I´ve got now five different career mode characters in F1 2018. Just because I like to make different scenarios. Therefore I was looking for to do the same in F1 2019. I cannot. I´m mildly disappointed as you may have noticed from the title. So I would like to have this possibility to make more career mod characters in F1 2019 if it is possible. Thanks Codemasters. 

But you can. Just go to the solo menu and select career mode from there instead of the front page. You'll get multiple options there, including managing your career saves.

1 hour ago, Coffer said:

But you can. Just go to the solo menu and select career mode from there instead of the front page. You'll get multiple options there, including managing your career saves.

What he means is that your avatar is the same over the entire game. Let's say he wants to play a career as himself and one as Schumacher he will not be able to switch back and forth between careers. When he changes the avatar to Schumacher he will be Schumacher in all other careers.

20 minutes ago, BelgiumDude said:

What he means is that your avatar is the same over the entire game. Let's say he wants to play a career as himself and one as Schumacher he will not be able to switch back and forth between careers. When he changes the avatar to Schumacher he will be Schumacher in all other careers.

Funny you should mention that. I am using Mick Schumacher as my career mode character, and I am not from Germany. I joined a lobby the other day and on the results screen that my flag is still German but my name is mine. I guess I'll have to manually change it every time I switch between career mode and multiplayer.

Would be nice if the career mode characters were totally separate from the actual player.

What I'm disappointed in is all that story stuff disappears after you leave F2. Haven't had any team mate is faster than you stuff, just the regular old career mode.

21 hours ago, BelgiumDude said:

Oh, that's definitely bad then. No idea why they would change this from the previous game.