Jump to content
  • 0
Sign in to follow this  

[PC][Wheel] Thrustmaster T300 has no force feedback in game

Question

My wheel doesn't work with F1 2019(PC) properly. The game recognizes the wheel is a T300 and it is listed in the control options correctly but within the game the wheel spins freely with no resistance at all or force feedback of any kind. The wheel works correctly with feedback in several other games like Forza Horizon 4 (PC) and F1 2018 (ps4). 

I've tried the following: 
Adjust control settings within the game, turned feedback on and off. 
Used three different USB Ports for the wheel
Updated drivers for the wheel
Uninstalled wheel and reinstalled wheel and drivers
Uninstalled and reinstalled F1 2019 completely
Switched ps3/ps4 option on wheel base back and forth. (Doesn't work correctly with either option) 
Uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experience

Game Version is 1.05
Problem affects all game modes
No error message in game
Game works correctly with an Xbox One controller, has feedback

Thanks in advance for attempting to help! I'm not sure what to attempt next. It just seems as though the wheel is not initiating correctly when the game boots up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
1 minute ago, Jolomono said:

My wheel doesn't work with F1 2019(PC) properly. The game recognizes the wheel is a T300 and it is listed in the control options correctly but within the game the wheel spins freely with no resistance at all or force feedback of any kind. The wheel works correctly with feedback in several other games like Forza Horizon 4 (PC) and F1 2018 (ps4). 

I've tried the following: 
Adjust control settings within the game, turned feedback on and off. 
Used three different USB Ports for the wheel
Updated drivers for the wheel
Uninstalled wheel and reinstalled wheel and drivers
Uninstalled and reinstalled F1 2019 completely
Switched ps3/ps4 option on wheel base back and forth. (Doesn't work correctly with either option) 
Uninstalled Nvidia Geforce Experience

Game Version is 1.05
Problem affects all game modes
No error message in game
Game works correctly with an Xbox One controller, has feedback

Thanks in advance for attempting to help! I'm not sure what to attempt next. It just seems as though the wheel is not initiating correctly when the game boots up. 

Sounds like your software is gimped.

Uninstall with Geek Uninstaller. Disconnect wheel. Reboot. (Check the wheel rim is tightened into the wheelbase correctly, unseat and retighten, check pedalset is connected, unplug and replug). Disconnect the XB1 controller and do not play with a wheel with it connected.

Install latest 2019_TTRS_1 check for firmware v29, updating if necessary. Restart PC.

Check controller works in Thrustmaster Control Panel (you can test the FFB effect).

Delete hardware_settings_config.xml (in c:\users\{YOURNAME}\My Documents\My Games\F1 2019 and launch the game. Set the controller in the game and play.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, steviejay69 said:

Sounds like your software is gimped.

Uninstall with Geek Uninstaller. Disconnect wheel. Reboot. (Check the wheel rim is tightened into the wheelbase correctly, unseat and retighten, check pedalset is connected, unplug and replug). Disconnect the XB1 controller and do not play with a wheel with it connected.

Install latest 2019_TTRS_1 check for firmware v29, updating if necessary. Restart PC.

Check controller works in Thrustmaster Control Panel (you can test the FFB effect).

Delete hardware_settings_config.xml (in c:\users\{YOURNAME}\My Documents\My Games\F1 2019 and launch the game. Set the controller in the game and play.

 

 

Thanks for the response. When you say Uninstall with Geek Uninstaller, do you mean to uninstall the game or the wheel drivers or both? 

The controller isn't connected when playing at all. I've installed and verified it's on Firmware v29. I've also tested the FFB within the Thrustmaster Control Panel and it works there. Also I've deleted the hardware settings and started the game over when trying to figure this out yesterday. 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, Jolomono said:

Thanks for the response. When you say Uninstall with Geek Uninstaller, do you mean to uninstall the game or the wheel drivers or both? 

The controller isn't connected when playing at all. I've installed and verified it's on Firmware v29. I've also tested the FFB within the Thrustmaster Control Panel and it works there. Also I've deleted the hardware settings and started the game over when trying to figure this out yesterday. 

 

Just the drivers. It's possible the registry keys are messed up. Geek gets rid of them, a bit like Revo Uninstaller as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
Just now, steviejay69 said:

Just the drivers. It's possible the registry keys are messed up. Geek gets rid of them, a bit like Revo Uninstaller as well.

Ok great. I'll give this a try at lunch and see if that does the trick. Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Jolomono said:

Ok great. I'll give this a try at lunch and see if that does the trick. Thanks again!

Be sure to report back, thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
5 hours ago, steviejay69 said:

Sounds like your software is gimped.

Uninstall with Geek Uninstaller. Disconnect wheel. Reboot. (Check the wheel rim is tightened into the wheelbase correctly, unseat and retighten, check pedalset is connected, unplug and replug). Disconnect the XB1 controller and do not play with a wheel with it connected.

Install latest 2019_TTRS_1 check for firmware v29, updating if necessary. Restart PC.

Check controller works in Thrustmaster Control Panel (you can test the FFB effect).

Delete hardware_settings_config.xml (in c:\users\{YOURNAME}\My Documents\My Games\F1 2019 and launch the game. Set the controller in the game and play.

 

 

This finally cleared it up. Everything works in game correctly now. Thank you so much! I think the uninstaller may have been the missing piece or maybe it was just resetting everything and starting over new that did it. Maybe I just needed to restart my PC once more between these steps yesterday. 

Thanks again, you've been a big help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×