Posted (edited)

@Codemaster this isnt my video also I dont race online, due to the issues in the video, F1 2019 I was hoping to go back online hence searching F1 videos, I understand you cant stop some players doing what they want, but ultimately you can add features to help prevent / clean up multiplayer, or its slowly imo going to turn into a ghost town, like other games have.

I think it was F1 2010 or 11 mybe I dont remeber, but I was in a online race, and half the grid was black flagged, now it seems its turned into a free for all, anything goes from what I see on YouTube,

Yes yes people will say join a league, but online ranked / unranked public players who are able and want to race online, should be able to join a session, without fear of being treated like this, how does the game not remove these players who are ruining the race after X amount of attacks ?,

Everyone should be able to race how this wish, but with the view in the video used, due to the hud, positions of the mirrors, the mirrors are useless, players are to restricted with the view of thier surroundings imo,

virtual wing mirrors or a spotter is needed to help players, who choose this view, I guess proximinty arrows where introduced to help, and am sure not all people who have incidents do it purpose, some must be done to visibility issues, havent tested proxi arrows myself but something clearly isnt working as intended.

4:18 How do they do that ?

[Removed]

Edited by Faya
Removed video for naming and shaming

The lobbies are pretty much Forza for open wheel.  Probably won't change. 😕

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

The lobbies are pretty much Forza for open wheel.  Probably won't change. 😕

I hear ya, but I live in hope, that these type threads ( not just mine ) but online problems are seen and heard, as I would like to venture online meet new players,

Or else what is the point of a super licence ( 12points should be a race ban, I dont think thier is points ) or online, scrap the lot, put all the effort into offline.

An idiot with damage off using all assists is nothing but a pilot controlled cruise missile wreaking havoc in every race with no consequences at all. 

45 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

An idiot with damage off using all assists is nothing but a pilot controlled cruise missile wreaking havoc in every race with no consequences at all. 

So they can choose whether or not they have damage?

What a joke. Either put full damage or ghost it. Or at least make where you can't take damage from the back or side.  

This is really what is killing the multiplayer lobbies.... and not just in this game but in all the racing game lobbies.  It's sad as I used to love to go in with friends but now i avoid them like the plague unless i know who i am racing with.  It's no fun anymore when you put the time in - practice, qualifying - for it to all be ended by someone who doesn't care but to cause carnage in turn 1 (of any circuit that is)

• Agree 3

My strategy was to hang further back in F1 to avoid kamikaze drivers and then go on with my race. Be ultra conservative in online and as soon as you know it you'll get a B+ rating and online is fun again.

Yeah!, ...that is both disappointing & frustrating, and hence why I rarely venture Online these days.

Another frustrating moment for me is when some kamikaze rams me from behind and then I go careening into the car in front of me. Then the car in front of me thinks that I'm the idiot kamikaze and wants ME booted from the next race (???). This really irritates me as I pride myself on being a fair-racer, and I hate being labelled, or thought of, as anything different.

As I said, Online is both disappointing and frustrating. I have more fun with the AI in Career Mode.

PS: I'd LOVE to join a Weekly Online League, but my current work commitments (hours & location) doesn't allow me to do so :classic_sad: 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

Back in the day of the original xbox I played online. The behaviour seen in the video was a rarity then. I stopped because things were bad on the 360, and because of the terrible internet connection I now have (live middle of nowhere, ping near 100ms). I thankfully can't play online.

I am shocked, how can this be fun? Most of the behaviour in the video looks like intentional crashing. Bloody mindedness just to screw others over. A sad reflection of the society we live in. I really had no idea online was so bad. Sucks to be a fair racer online!

Banhammer is perhaps the only way forward but personally I can't see resources being put in to it. I'm with you BluntRS, why bother with online at all, put the effort into offline.

Edited by ChasteWand
  • Agree 2

There are a few things that could help. Virtual mirrors being the most obvious one. It's very frustrating to drive in cockpit cam, because once you set up a good FOV the mirrors are no longer visible. Please, PLEASE add virtual mirrors!

Mirrors don't remove torpedoes, just makes it easier to dodge them. One solution to the torpedo problem would be to ghost the car of the faster driver. So, for example, if driver X is 2 seconds a lap quicker than driver Y, then the car of driver X would be ghosted for driver Y.

• Agree 2

this video....wow, repsect to the guy who tries to survive in these **** situations.

i would suggest black flags for these idiots and when you get a black flag in online game, your account should be banned for at least 2 weeks.

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

The lobbies are really that bad. There are to many DIRTY drivers/players. I had a run in with three people the other day. Their PSN's are [Removed] and [Removed]. This happened in a un-ranked lobby. Everything starts just pass the starting line. [Removed]

Edited by Faya
Removing naming and shaming

Hi all,

Please note I've removed some names and videos as they were being used to name and shame, which is against the forum rules. 

• Sad 1
  • Disagree 1

37 minutes ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Please note I've removed some names and videos as they were being used to name and shame, which is against the forum rules. 

@Faya That wasnt my intention to name and shame, its not my video, I just wanted to highlight the issue,

But am sorry I didn't fully think it through before posting,

Posted (edited)

@Faya Out of interest, what's the harm in "naming and shaming" when the culprits are clearly, actively making online not fun for many users.

I don't often agree with @BluntRS (in fact I often publicly disagree), but they're correct on this one.

If you're not going to DSQ these drivers, or allow a formal 'Report' system, then what else do you suggest we do?

Edited by CarloLewis
  • Like 2
  • Agree 4

5 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

It is very strange, because those players should be named and shamed. At the moment, they do not suffer any punishment for their bad behavior. While decent players are punished necessity of playing with such people.

• Agree 2

Game is PEGI 3. Everyone going online should be aware that the game literally allows you to race against 2 year olds with full assists obviously. You can't go naming and shaming minors as that's basically online child abuse sadly. You also can't black flag kids for the same reasons or else their parents will go back to the game store and say we paid 60 bucks for this and our little Dennis (the....) can't go online anymore. 

The F1 series of games is always, without exception, going to allow anyone of any age to 'drive' however they want no matter how ill mannered without ever getting 'punished' for it. 

• Confused 2
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Game is PEGI 3. Everyone going online should be aware that the game literally allows you to race against 2 year olds with full assists obviously. You can't go naming and shaming minors as that's basically online child abuse sadly. You also can't black flag kids for the same reasons or else their parents will go back to the game store and say we paid 60 bucks for this and our little Dennis (the....) can't go online anymore. 

The F1 series of games is always, without exception, going to allow anyone of any age to 'drive' however they want no matter how ill mannered without ever getting 'punished' for it. 

I didn't make the video, nor did I have the intention of naming or shaming anybody, I just posted a online video, which everyone has access too, from a another site on the world wide web people have access to, In high sight I should of just put the YouTube title then no issue, but doesnt alter the fact the video is still online avaible for all to see,

Codemasters advertise this game as follows, The Most Authentic F1 Simulation, nothing indicates to me but be aware your racing against ( What you wrote ) its just excuses, 

Of course they can black flag them from the session its a rule in F1, Grojean got removed for his radio no working, Do you even F1 ?,

Your pretty much saying, unless you wanna play destruction derby, dont by this game if you want to race online.

Edited by BluntRS
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Your pretty much saying, unless you wanna play destruction derby, dont by this game if you want to race online

Exactly, unless you run your own leagues. Anyone with access to the internet and YouTube cannot possibly have ever searched for 'F1 game online multi-player' and NOT found an abundance of bad driver videos. For them to have seen those and then magically believe  'oh this years game will be totally different ' is beyond belief. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Maybe the parents need to know that little Dennis is a ****

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Exactly, unless you run your own leagues. Anyone with access to the internet and YouTube cannot possibly have ever searched for 'F1 game online multi-player' and NOT found an abundance of bad driver videos. For them to have seen those and then magically believe  'oh this years game will be totally different ' is beyond belief. 

Makes me wonder why I made this thread asking for black flags :classic_rolleyes:

SO by your logic the racers on this forum are to blame for buying the game, when we should just abounded it and watch Codemasters slowly go out of business, cause trolls like to ruin online racing for some reason.

2 hours ago, CarloLewis said:

Maybe the parents need to know that little Dennis is a ****

I'm sure they already know and encourage it! 

11 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Makes me wonder why I made this thread asking for black flags :classic_rolleyes:

SO by your logic the racers on this forum are to blame for buying the game, when we should just abounded it and watch Codemasters slowly go out of business, cause trolls like to ruin online racing for some reason.

Blame is the wrong word. However if you only got the game for the purpose of clean and fair online racing I'd love to see what on this earth made you believe for one minute that was going to happen? As a keen racer you must surely be aware that online racing in random lobbies is literally a meme for carnage? Even iracing has some idiots and they subscribe monthly to drive like that. No casual player plays an annual game for more than a few months at most and all their bad stats yet wiped out when a new game comes out. The least Codies could do is let you keep a persistent safety and skill record between games so you don't have to be dropped into a random pubg shoot fest every time a new game drops. 

Expecting regular clean racing EVER from an F1 game is like expecting to drive at 100 down the freeway and never get a speeding ticket. Carnage is an occupational hazard. ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY (enough?) NOT buying the latest game until the last one is fixed could ever change this scenario. Except...most people will always buy it anyway to be cool and have the latest shiny thing. 

I'm not criticizing YOU I'm saying you have unrealistic expectations from a PEGI 3 mass market AAA game. 

Complaining here is like writing an email to Microsoft from Outlook saying Windows sucks. They don't care. Buying a Mac however does get them to sit up and take notice. Lively forums mean people still care about the game and will still buy it anyway. Dead empty forums with no new posts means people have left for another franchise. 

I am still here myself to keep reminding Codies I won't ever buy 2019 and to help people if I can with career or tech problems. There's a good game in there somewhere for some people but it sure as hell is not or won't ever be in the online portion. 

How about flooding forums with actual online mp videos posted on YouTube? Sadly I reckon a lot of idiots see videos of carnage and actually buy the game cos they think that would be fun to join in. Nobody ever buys iracing for a giggle and a laugh. 25 laps round sebring everyone behaving themselves? Nah that looks boring let's get forza or F1 instead! 

PS please don't shoot the messenger! 

:classic_sad:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

I'm sure they already know and encourage it! 

Blame is the wrong word. However if you only got the game for the purpose of clean and fair online racing I'd love to see what on this earth made you believe for one minute that was going to happen? As a keen racer you must surely be aware that online racing in random lobbies is literally a meme for carnage? Even iracing has some idiots and they subscribe monthly to drive like that. No casual player plays an annual game for more than a few months at most and all their bad stats yet wiped out when a new game comes out. The least Codies could do is let you keep a persistent safety and skill record between games so you don't have to be dropped into a random pubg shoot fest every time a new game drops. 

Expecting regular clean racing EVER from an F1 game is like expecting to drive at 100 down the freeway and never get a speeding ticket. Carnage is an occupational hazard. ONLY ONLY ONLY ONLY (enough?) NOT buying the latest game until the last one is fixed could ever change this scenario. Except...most people will always buy it anyway to be cool and have the latest shiny thing. 

I'm not criticizing YOU I'm saying you have unrealistic expectations from a PEGI 3 mass market AAA game. 

Complaining here is like writing an email to Microsoft from Outlook saying Windows sucks. They don't care. Buying a Mac however does get them to sit up and take notice. Lively forums mean people still care about the game and will still buy it anyway. Dead empty forums with no new posts means people have left for another franchise. 

I am still here myself to keep reminding Codies I won't ever buy 2019 and to help people if I can with career or tech problems. There's a good game in there somewhere for some people but it sure as hell is not or won't ever be in the online portion. 

How about flooding forums with actual online mp videos posted on YouTube? Sadly I reckon a lot of idiots see videos of carnage and actually buy the game cos they think that would be fun to join in. Nobody ever buys iracing for a giggle and a laugh. 25 laps round sebring everyone behaving themselves? Nah that looks boring let's get forza or F1 instead! 

PS please don't shoot the messenger! 

:classic_sad:

Excepting is the problem with todays society,

Off to the pharmacy to get some Vaseline NOT!

• Haha 1

F1 The Most Authentic Simulation,

Translation online is carnage just expect it :classic_rolleyes:, Find a new Pharmacy.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

So maybe ban for a few days or a permanent ban would be more adequate. And I bet that 2-year-old children are not the main problem of this (and other) game. The problem is - simply - fools.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3