F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

GRID Essentials - Career Mode

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 11:32 AM, Miatakias_GR said:

Nice to hear this cause so far in videos damage system looks worse that previous Grid games..

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, Bluestig said:

Good to hear. Hopefully there’s more deformation and stuff like wheels being ripped off like in the older ones. 

Seen this Super GT video yet? 

I would suggest this is a good demonstration of the current damage model (check the Australian Supercars bit) but even with that said, there's more to uncover 🙂

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 10:06 AM, DavidT32 said:

Sounds really good so far!  Couple of questions ..

- Can we change the names of the AI drivers?  Be cool to race against the people we want.

- Ditto, the names of the other racing teams, can these be changed?

- Might be outside the career mode, but will there be the option to create a custom championship?

No news right now on being able to change AI names or teams. Teams have specific livery designs which would cause confusion there, and every AI you see in the game has their own bespoke personality, so keeping their original name is useful to remind yourself of who is fast/slow/aggressive/defensive 🙂 

On custom championships: yes, in Free Play and Multiplayer you can design championships with multiple rounds and a points system, choosing the car class, tracks, routes, conditions and much more! 

Now I know the teams that we face at the end! Take a look:

Touring Cars: Hammerhead

Stock cars: Vulpeni

Tuner: DisruptioR

Grand Touring: Euro Rand (From Grid 2)

FA Racing Esports: Fernando Alonso

Invitational: Aurora Motorsports

Grid World Series: Ravenwast Motorsports

"Ravenwest Motorsports are a class act. Just do your best, kid. You can't do more"

Edited by CordedQuill42
Typo Correction

A question to ChrisGrovesMCM :

Can you change sponsor or the place to put it on car (top, sidedoors, wings , rear etc) like Grid Autosport? Because i have watched many gameplay videos on utube and so far and it does not seem something like that but players can  only change livery and colors...:classic_huh:

2 hours ago, KreuZenNL said:

We can change liverys etc but can we change the wheels? Not seen it on YouTube. 

I don't think u can change wheels , was impossible in previous grid games too but at least you could change the color of  the wheels... 

Can you change race length in career mode? I know you can in Freeplay but would like long races in career mode.

• Agree 2

I’ve just found out most career mode races are 2 or 3 laps and this cannot be changed. Now cancelled my pre order of ultimate edition. Not interested in crash fest to get to front in 2 laps.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:23 AM, Voidhawk said:

Can you change race length in career mode? I know you can in Freeplay but would like long races in career mode.

I'd like to know this as well. Would be a bit of a bummer if we couldn't. I think you could set race length in career in Autosport in your settings, if I remember correctly.

On 10/1/2019 at 3:03 PM, Voidhawk said:

I’ve just found out most career mode races are 2 or 3 laps and this cannot be changed. Now cancelled my pre order of ultimate edition. Not interested in crash fest to get to front in 2 laps.

Man, who thought that was a good idea? The amount of laps in a career mode should be more than 2 or 3 , or at least give us the option . Poor design if this is the case.

Edited by Madmaz116

On 10/1/2019 at 4:03 PM, Voidhawk said:

I’ve just found out most career mode races are 2 or 3 laps and this cannot be changed.

Source ?

2 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Source ?

if you watch Gameriots videos he does a career walkthrough and most of the early rounds are 2-3 laps , some of the later rounds are 5 -8 , with the showdown I watched being only 2 laps

10 hours ago, Ak1504 said:

Source ?

I can’t recall which video I watched but it was a career walkthrough and there is no option to adjust race length in career. I’ve also seen it discussed on Reddit.

I have no proof to show you. You can either believe or disbelieve as you see fit. Proving this is not a concern of mine. I am simply stating that knowing this was enough of a blow for me to cancel my pre order.

• Agree 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:02 PM, Voidhawk said:

I can’t recall which video I watched but it was a career walkthrough and there is no option to adjust race length in career. I’ve also seen it discussed on Reddit.

I have no proof to show you. You can either believe or disbelieve as you see fit. Proving this is not a concern of mine. I am simply stating that knowing this was enough of a blow for me to cancel my pre order.

Well that's my order cancelled, 3 lap races are stupid, Codemasters bigged up making the game accessible to new and experienced players, yet give us no option to change them. Even Autosport had this option, bit of a let down that this was meant to be a reboot yet seemingly corners have been cut.

• Agree 1

No sponsers that pay more monny As you become more famous bit disapointing also why cant i have more then 1 team mate team mates i have bought should stay owned also the coller Black looks kinda green on the ps4 when customizing my cars also wish customizing had more options like paint type to difrent type of Tire costumizations

• Like 1

Also 2 race modes is not enough u could say 1 as evry race is prity mutch a time atk it gets boring Quick for me sometimes i cant beat a race and then i Just wane do something difrent bud i cant cus there is no ather content also some music wouldent Hurt nobody

@ChrisGrovesMCM

I know that is impossible to make in this Grid but, I want to explain what my dream about career mode will be for maybe a next release of the series:

- You start back in the 2008 (or another past year) as a simple talented driver that has to race with other teams to earning money for buying an own garage to fix the old racing car of your father (something like a film, but it isn't necessary of course) and then create your own team to compete in old stock cars (maybe) races choosing the sponsors for earning more money and livery as you wish;
- The last race of season (after 7-8 or 10 events) is again the "24H of Le Mans" (a 15 minute race or something like with day-night timing) like Race:Driver Grid;

- As the years pass by you can unlock new cars (for example: back in 2008 there wasn't a Nissan 370z or the Subaru BRZ, or the new Ford GT, the new Porsche 911, the Ferrari 488, prototypes and so on...) that you can buy for your team to compete in other events...
- Your team continue to grows up until you can assume a teammate, buying a professional garage, new sponsors...
- A rival team (like Ravenwest) invites you to haed-to-head races to win update for your "old" cars or their own "new" cars and a lot of money...
- Continue to race until you reach the top as a driver and as a team and when you finishes with gold medal all the events of the career.

That's my Motorsport Career Mode dream... I know that requires a lot of time and resources, but if you remember the 2008 game... it's not so impossible...

Thanks in advance for reading us!

• Like 3

Career mode in previous Grid games was way more advanced... As basically everything in the game...

I would be happy if we just can get an option to adjust race length... To be able to have longer races for more credits of course...

Edited by Ak1504

Threads typically get unpinned so that the forum isn’t clogged up.

Maybe a “handy info” thread could be pinned with links though 🙂 

In other news: