AI in the wet - all circuits

Are you guys playing a different game to me ? 

I can match the AI in the rain in qualy and be slightly slower in the dry. Seems a slight bit of an improvement to before. I don't see where you guys are getting this op AI. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

They ruined AI in the rain after patch 1.05 I think. Please get it back to how it was when the game was launched. If you are playing offline at least you have a workaround which is to decrease the AI level but if you're online that's not possible 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

Best way to check whether the AI are OP in wet, is to compare their wet & dry lap times with average real life wet & dry ones at the same circuit. If the AI are OP, they will lose less time in wet than real drivers. This would have to be in a race which changes from wet to dry ( or vice versa) , not 1 dry race & 1 wet.

Edited by Angrydad678
Spelling errors

11 minutes ago, Angrydad678 said:

Best way to check whether the AI are OP in wet, is to compare their wet & dry lap times with average real life wet & dry ones at the same circuit. If the AI are OP, they will lose less time in wet than real drivers. This would have to be in a race which changes from wet to dry ( or vice versa) , not 1 dry race & 1 wet.

I respectfully disagree. Why would it have to be a wet-dry race and not two races? In such a scenario the results will be messed up by varying fuel loads, the amount of rain etc. Also, you are assuming that the effect of rain on the performance and handling of the cars, both AI and the player, is exactly the same as in real life, which I doubt very much. 

I am comparatively much faster in the rain than dry conditions against both AI and human players. Without adjusting difficulty levels I might be 7th or 8th against the AI in an Alpha Romeo when it's dry and reach a podium finish in the wet. I do agree though that the AI is better in the wet than it was in F1 2017 which is the last version I played. Back then the podium finish would have been a race win.

• Like 1

If it's one race that changes wet to dry or vice versa, then there can be no change of setup. With 1 dry race and 1 wet, the setups will be different, which will affect lap times. 

And you would have to take averages, to minimise minor variations. Averages over a sufficiently large number of races, any AI OP will clearly show.

Highly impractical, but theoretically best way to show any discrepancy.

6 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

The patch notes states that the AI was re-balanced in the wet @KrazyLurt

No it said in future updates. 

Below are just some of the issues that we are looking at addressing in the next couple of patches:

• Balanced AI pace in the wet
  • Ability to disable voting in Leagues
  • Fanatec DD1 wheel base not being recognised on PS4

• Agree 1

On 8/24/2019 at 10:45 PM, inspiretheworld said:

Are you guys playing a different game to me ? 

I can match the AI in the rain in qualy and be slightly slower in the dry. Seems a slight bit of an improvement to before. I don't see where you guys are getting this op AI. 

The issue is inconsistent from race to race. You had 10 pages to realize this.