Jump to content

AI in the wet - all circuits

Recommended Posts

  • G920 on XB1
  • No Assists
  • AI Level: 90

@Faya Please consider adding intermediate conditions to time trial.  Reason being...

I think there could be a little rebalancing needed for AI in the wet (certainly in changing conditions), but, to @inspiretheworld's point, I think there's also a fair amount of the 'rebalancing' needed in my own skill level.  I'm just not as confident in full wet conditions as I am in the dry, and am at my worst in intermediate conditions.  I attribute that simply to practice.  I practice a lot in Time Trial, because when I'm practicing I just want a simpler environment to hammer out laps without having to worry so much about tires, dodging AI, etc.  I think a lot of people would agree, and do the same.  So while I know I need to spend more time with full wet conditions in TT it would also be GREAT if we could have intermediate conditions available too.  

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did CM up the AI wet weather skills in patch 1.05 in the first place? 

I can't remember seeing an outcry of racers on here about AI in the wet. 

It's almost unplayable at the moment... its needs to be fixed ASAP @Faya

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rocojuanclarkus said:

Why did CM up the AI wet weather skills in patch 1.05 in the first place? 

I can't remember seeing an outcry of racers on here about AI in the wet. 

It's almost unplayable at the moment... its needs to be fixed ASAP @Faya

 

Because the AI were incredibly slow. Now they’re a bit too fast.

  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup. They were definitely too slow before no arguments here but this isn't exactly the first time when a jackhammer was brought to deal with a small problem. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

AI pace in the wet is ridiculous now at times. Career Barcelona, had good practice and the pace on ultimate to qualify on pole with Mercedes, I easily made it through the qualy program in dry conditions.

Forward to qualy, light rain and inters on a drying track: P20 and 2.7 seconds off the pace.. Restarted a bunch of times, tried different wet setups, aggressive laps and more cautious laps, but the AI are just impossible.

I even tried reducing the AI level to 10 clicks below my normal level and still couldn't get within a second. It seemed like the AI were driving with near-dry grip levels on a wet track, might as well skip career races if there's rain predicted now unfortunately. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had 3 wet races so far. Finished 5th at China, 1st at Austria, and 7th at Hungary. The AI is definitely too fast in the rain, but I've managed to have some decent finishes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm testing it out now live. So far I'm faster. I had to start the stream over again. Had some issue. At this moment I have a 1:42.558 in the wet on intermediate tires after 11 laps. The second link in the first stream. 

 

 

Edited by Striker_703

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having major issues with streaming tonight. The feed keeps going out. So I'm going to record the rest of the test in heavy rain. At the moment I have a 1:45.405. Second has a 1:46.274.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

During full wet sessions I've been able to do okay as well. I think the issue might be their pace during changeable conditions, on a drying track etc. Perhaps also track related?

Edited by Worntoathread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Same problem, on xbox one with the G920

At Barcelona in dry condition on quali I was 1 tenths off the pole, but in race in full wet I am 2-3 seconds slower tha Ai

I don't know if it's just Barcelona or all the tracks

Edited by nicolas1423

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did a race in Hungary that started dry then about 6 laps in (25% distance) it started to rain.  I was running 17th with a car that normally runs in the top 10.  I was a full second slower than car behind and car ahead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The more time you spend running in the rain the faster you'll get. I tested out the theory of the AI being faster in the rain and I busted it wide open. In both test I was faster than the AI in the rain. Just run in the rain, build the skills and confidence. Traction Control TC may be slowing you guys down as well. 

Edited by Striker_703
Forgot about TC
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AI are definitely OP in wet now. In the fastest car of the field, I was 2.5s off the pace in a wet Q1 session in Baku. Thats last place in a car that is capable of pole. Never experienced like that before, like it wasn't even worth going out, no chance. Of course in the race it was dry and I was easily make it through the field onto the podium, and my fastest lap was 2 tenths quicker than the fastest AI's. I tought I was able to find the right difficulty settings to match the AI, but there is a significant difference between the dry and wet pace of the AI now. And no it's not me running out of talent when it rains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The AI is not over powered in the wet/rain @Balazsryche. You guys are just slow in the rain. Has anyone bothered to watch the test I did, which I proved the AI are not OP in the rain. Like I said before in both of my test I was faster than the AI in the rain on full wet and intermediates. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone, i'm new to the forum, i repost what i was posted in a topic open by me because i had no found an answer.

I have notice too that in F1 2019 A.I is become really hard to beat (i was 4 SECOND PER LAP SLOWER then my team mate: vettel)  but i have also another problem, the car didn't brake anymore corectly and i TOTALLY miss the corner EVERY SINGLE TIME IN EVERY SINGLE LAP, (ONLY IN WET OR INTER) and ALL the other car have 50% more traction then me.

It is 4 years that i play f1 game with joystick, i usually drive my carrer mode with A.I set to : 95 and all assist set on. Since F1 2016. 

Has always work correctly until now so i dont understand why it is become unplayaple.. I mean for the A.I i can reduce the power from setting, but i dont understand why the car miss the Braking point in every corner when it's wet or full wet, and work 100% correctly in dry condition...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, nicolas1423 said:

Same problem, on xbox one with the G920

At Barcelona in dry condition on quali I was 1 tenths off the pole, but in race in full wet I am 2-3 seconds slower tha Ai

I don't know if it's just Barcelona or all the tracks

Don't worry bro, it's on every track... I don't know if the AI wet pace is ok in single races, championship modes etc. other than career mode, I have not tested that but career mode is absolutely unplayable at the moment after v1.05 came out.

I am a decent player with lots of Codemasters F1 game experience since 2010 (racing on 100 AI atm) and I am 1...3 seconds off the AI when it is intermediate (1-2 seconds off the pace) or wet (2-3 seconds off the pace) conditions... Unplayable and this needs to get fixed as soon as possible, please @Faya hear us now, would you! 

Would still like to edit: I have played previous Codies F1 titles a lot too without any issues with AI wet weather pace. This game is the only exception since v1.05.

Edited by ZTheLightningZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

The AI is not over powered in the wet/rain @Balazsryche. You guys are just slow in the rain. Has anyone bothered to watch the test I did, which I proved the AI are not OP in the rain. Like I said before in both of my test I was faster than the AI in the rain on full wet and intermediates. 

Please test career mode AI level 100+ and you should see what we are talking about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ZTheLightningZ said:

Please test career mode AI level 100+ and you should see what we are talking about.

I'll test it at where I'm comfortable at. I don't run the same AI setting as you. You guys are SLOW in the rain period. I'm going to test it for you guys and prove to you once again the AI is fine. So there no reason asking @Faya to have it changed. You guys just have to gain the skills to run in the rain against the AI at your AI settings. Give me an hour and I'll have up the stream or you can check out the streams I did last night.  

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

I'll test it at where I'm comfortable at. I don't run the same AI setting as you. You guys are SLOW in the rain period. I'm going to test it for you guys and prove to you once again the AI is fine. So there no reason asking @Faya to have it changed. You guys just have to gain the skills to run in the rain against the AI at your AI settings. Give me an hour and I'll have up the stream or you can check out the streams I did last night.  

I appreciate you testing man, but to be fair, it looks like you just haven't encountered the actual issue in your tests. I understand how you see it so I'll do my best to explain: It's not that the AI is too fast in the rain everywhere at all times, it seems to be specific conditions or certain tracks during changing weather, like when it's nearly transitioning from inters to dry.

It's not my pace. I've comfortably beaten AI in heavy rain on ultimate before just like you, but when you do an even better lap the next day in similar conditions and suddenly you're last by over 2 seconds while before you were on pole; something's definitely off. They were practically running dry times on intermediates. 

 

Edited by Worntoathread

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Striker_703 said:

The AI is not over powered in the wet/rain @Balazsryche. You guys are just slow in the rain. Has anyone bothered to watch the test I did, which I proved the AI are not OP in the rain. Like I said before in both of my test I was faster than the AI in the rain on full wet and intermediates. 

Based on my experience, I would still hold on to my oppinion. Winning races in the dry and dead last in qualifying in the best car with a literally perfect lap... Maybe I'm not a rainmaster but for sure I'm not suddenly 2.5s off. It wasn't like that before, and it is no fun to play the career anymore with them so inconsistent.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I Made a test too 

Test 1

-China 

-Inters and full wet 

-95% A.I 

-assist: full assist 

- joystick

=outpaced by A.I 2-3 sec per lap 

Test 2

China 

-inters and full wet

-95% A.I

-assist: full assist (except TRACTION CONTROL)

-joystick 

=outpaced hamilton by 1 thenths per lap so simply turning off TC and i immidiatly solve the problem of the faster AI 

Different problem for me Now: the car still miss every braking point in inters and full wet when i have full assist set on.

I usually play f1 game with pad and with full assist on since 2016, yeah im handicap i know this but i find myslef confortable with it, and i dont want change it, anyway i try with "brake assist off" and brake manually using the line but the car still completly miss the Breking point...any suggestion?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

I appreciate you testing man, but to be fair, it looks like you just haven't encountered the actual issue in your tests. I understand how you see it so I'll do my best to explain: It's not that the AI is too fast in the rain everywhere at all times, it seems to be specific conditions or certain tracks during changing weather, like when it's nearly transitioning from inters to dry.

It's not my pace. I've comfortably beaten AI in heavy rain on ultimate before just like you, but when you do an even better lap the next day in similar conditions and suddenly you're last by over 2 seconds while before you were on pole; something's definitely off. They were practically running dry times on intermediates. 

 

The AI are the same on dry as wet. The drive the same in all conditions even if they change. I'll do a test on a dry track as well. I'm about to open the stream. I'll edit this post with the link shortly. 

Here is the link to the stream

 

Edited by Striker_703
Added link to stream

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

The AI are the same on dry as wet. The drive the same in all conditions even if they change. I'll do a test on a dry track as well. I'm about to open the stream. I'll edit this post with the link shortly. 

With all the respect, you can test 5 times and not encounter the issue, that doesn't mean it isn't in the game under certain circumstances and/or for other players. It might only happen on certain tracks, game modes or AI levels, it might even be platform specific.

Last year there was the carcass temps bug, which turned out to be caused by lower fps only, so half the player base wasn't even affected. People could have tested that the same way and claim it wasn't there.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the help of Vincent9022 I got the weather to change during the testing. Just ran two test and I was faster. Running the final test now. Dry track to wet. I currently have the fastest lap in the dry. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Won another wet race today - Singapore. It rained during the middle part of the race, while I was leading, and was able to maintain my lead.

So my average finish position over 4 wet races is 3.5.

Edited by HDR10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×