AI in the wet - all circuits

Posted (edited)

I took some screens shots of the times at the end of the test with changing conditions. You can compare the times yourselves. Again. If you would have watched the stream you would have seen me do the test live. The stream and these screen shots are proof enough debunking the theory again.  

F1® 2019_20190811174042.jpg

F1® 2019_20190811174051.jpg

F1® 2019_20190811174107.jpg

F1® 2019_20190811174024.jpg

F1® 2019_20190811174033.jpg

F1® 2019_20190811174016.jpg

F1® 2019_20190811174007.jpg

Edited by Striker_703
Typo

Can't say I've noticed any problem with the AI in the wet.

On inters I'm as quick if not quicker.

On wets i am marginally slower but i don't do many wet races in comparison to dry races so its just my lack of practice in heavy rain.

Certainly don't seen OP to me.

A lot of my wins in multiplayer come in wet races. I'm by no means great in the wet, i just think quite a few people aren't very good in wet conditions which probably makes people think the AI are OP when they aren't.

14 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

During full wet sessions I've been able to do okay as well. I think the issue might be their pace during changeable conditions, on a drying track etc. Perhaps also track related?

On a drying track i find the AI struggle for pace.

It's in changeable conditions i would say the AI are underpowered.

Posted (edited)

It's just not fun anytime it rains. I lose multiple seconds a lap despite being on the correct tyres. I tried dropping my AI level by 4 points but that was nowhere near enough. The career mode is fun. Not having a chance to gamble because the Ai are multiple seconds faster a lap in the wet is not. 

Before the patch, I felt the AI were slow in the rain. But the difference is less than it is now. Now it just isn't fun. I had no issues on F1 2018 in the wet and could keep pace with the AI. 

For example, I came out alongside Verstappen after my final pitstop and then proceeded to lose multiple seconds per lap to him. In the dry, I was on pace with him. 

Wheel or Pad? Logitech G29

Any Assists? Medium TC and ABS

AI Level? 102

Edited by whitmarsh2
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

With the help of Vincent9022 I got the weather to change during the testing. Just ran two test and I was faster. Running the final test now. Dry track to wet. I currently have the fastest lap in the dry. 

maybe it's only on carreer

This is ending my fun. I'm even lucky to rain a few times, but when it rains my fun goes away. And I've noticed that the big problem is on the straights, AI shoots seeming to be running dry with dry tires. It's very frustrating and amazing that a problem like this takes so long to fix.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

The AI is the same @nicolas1423 no matter what mode or part of the game you use. The only change that can be done is the AI difficulty number. People are just finding out that they don't have the speed in the wet as they do in the dry when it comes to keeping up or beating the AI. I ran the test a number of times live streaming and on the last test I provided screen shots of my times vs the AI in adverse conditions. There is no bug @caiocrq, nothing needs to be fixed. You didn't bother to read through the whole thread. If did you would have seen I debunked the theory more than once. The only thing that need to is for people to start working on the skills to run in the wet at PACE at the AI settings of their choice. My setting is at 80%. At this setting the AI is equal to me. The photos and the live streams has proved that. So there's no reason to continue to complain to @faya or Codemasters that the AI is faster than you in the wet. You just don't have the skills to compete with the AI at the setting you use in the dry.    

Edited by Striker_703
Typo and missed a word
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)

@Striker_703

What level was your test done at ? 

In theory, to do a proper test you would need to test multiple AI levels to see if there are any discrepancies across the levels rather than the level you race at in case this is the issue.

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

I had the AI set at 80% guys. It's there in my streams. 

So what your saying is in the test at 80 AI there are no issues.

You now need to find a way to test all the other levels 

Also, its conceivable that your better in the wet than you are in the dry.

There are many variables. You can't say your test is conclusive unfortunately.

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Agree 4

Posted (edited)

I took you of ignore @SIMRACER123 so I can see your replays. Yes the settings for the AI in all my test are at 80%. If you would have watched the replay of the stream you would have seen that. No there is reason for me to raise or lower the number. I'm comfortable with that number. I'm on pace with that setting on the wet and dry, the screens shots prove that case. I'm just as comfortable in the wet as in the dry. It comes down to skill-set people, plain and simple, cut and dry. You can't kiss it goodbye. I proved a number of times already that the AI is fine, there's nothing wrong with it. 

I'm sorry if it's hard to swallow that some done have the same skill-set to run at pace with the AI as they do in the dry. If you want the same skill-set you have in the dry whilst running in the wet. Get to running in the wet more and learn how to drive in the wet. Simple as that. 

To be bluntly honest. If people are going to be comparing their skills and speed to the AI's skill and speed in both dry and wet conditions. And eSports Pro's are out pacing the AI by three seconds or then the AI is to easy. Codematers are doing us all a favor. Allowing some of us egos to be boosted.   

Edited by Striker_703
Had to add another remark

@Striker_703

I don't think you fully understand what your taking about when it comes to testing.

You can't test 1 level only and declare every other level is exactly the same.

As stated previously you may just be better in the wet than dry

• Agree 1

WOW @SIMRACER123!! People are complaining that they can't keep up with the AI in the wet, nor going from dry to the wet. At what ever current AI level they have, even if they're using assist. You don't understand the concept of testing as I gave live feed of my testing along with final screens shots of my times compared to mine. I did it at a level that I was comfortable, which was have the AI set at 80%. So you trying to force a debate on an issue to have been prove is useless man. SO just stop give it up. @Fayacan you look at my findings. The last stream give the best information. And give your final thoughts on the matter to everyone here. I'm leaving it up to you to leave this discussion open even though I proven the fact many time over there's nothing wrong with the AI in the wet. The AI has the same skill-set in wet as it does in the dry. As I proven that I have the same skill-set in the wet and in the dry. People MUST build the skill-set. I've enjoyed this bedate. Now I must get back to testing. I have a race to get ready for. Have a great day. 

Posted (edited)

@Striker_703

I don't think you understand.

If your dry ability is 80 and your wet ability is the equivalent of 83 it would give a false impression the AI is fine to you.

Understand now?

Im not really sure how much more simple i can explain it to you. 

You say you've enjoyed the debate but all you have done is state your test is conclusive when in fact the only thing it shows is your own wet weather ability in comparison to your dry. Nothing more.

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

@Striker_703

I don't think you understand.

If your dry ability is 80 and your wet ability is the equivalent of 83 it would give a false impression the ai AI is fine.

Understand? Im not sure how much more simple i can explain it to you. 

Understood what you mean, but then all guys could be wrong. Maybe all of them have a dry ability of 80% and a wet ability of 76%. So how can we know it is a fact or not? Maybe we are all wrong?

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Understood what you mean, but then all guys could be wrong. Maybe all of them have a dry ability of 80% and a wet ability of 76%. So how can we know it is a fact or not? Maybe we are all wrong?

Exactly.

This is my point. @Striker_703 test doesn't confirm anything.

To start with you would need someone with strong ability in both conditions i.e an esports driver who can test the top AI level and compare times.

You need a top driver to essentially remove one of the variables.

One person driving on level 80 is meaningless for a test simply because they don't have the ability and i don't mean this in a disrespectful way.

**FYI @Striker_703 as i know you like to claim I'm trolling. This isn't trolling. As i told you before its just a prime example of disagreeing with your view. Ok? 

Edited by SIMRACER123

Striker you can't make your own tests then say its 100% fact and then everybody else is wrong, when the majority of people on this forum are saying otherwise.

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, SIMRACER123 said:

Exactly.

This is my point. @Striker_703 test doesn't confirm anything.

To start with you would need someone with strong ability in both conditions i.e an esports driver who can test the top AI level and compare times.

You need a top driver to essentially remove one of the variables.

One person driving on level 80 is meaningless for a test simply because they don't have the ability and i don't mean this in a disrespectful way.

Ok, but that doesn't proof anything. If you are using a top driver which can beat 110 AI and he say the AI is too strong in the wet. How do we know it is because he is too weak in the wet. That's what i meant. You can't proof it. All we can do is to compare our times in dry and wet and can say the AI is too strong "for me" in the wet. There will be no proof of evidence.

Also if we compare it to last years game. How do we know it was correct?

Edited by Akkan74

5 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

Ok, but that doesn't proof anything. If you are using a top driver which can beat 110 AI and he say the AI is too strong in the wet. How do we know it is because he is too weak in the wet. That's what i meant. 

Again you are correct. You would need several top drivers. 

When doing a test you need a big number of people to carry out the test to average out the result to see the trend.

You can't do a test of one person and say its conclusive.

Thats why when you see adverts on TV selling products and look at the small print its says something like 78 out of 122 agree ( i.e if the person on the advert said it was a better anti wrinkle cream or whatever ) 

It never says 1 out of 1 agree.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

O AI é o mesmo @ nicolas1423  não importa o modo ou parte do jogo que você usa. A única mudança que pode ser feita é o número de dificuldade da IA. As pessoas estão apenas descobrindo que não têm a velocidade no molhado como fazem no seco quando se trata de manter ou bater o AI. Executei o teste várias vezes ao vivo e, no último teste, forneci capturas de tela dos meus tempos contra o AI em condições adversas. Não há bug @caiocrqnada precisa ser consertado. Você não se incomodou em ler todo o tópico. Se você tivesse visto eu desmascarei a teoria mais de uma vez. A única coisa que precisa é que as pessoas comecem a trabalhar nas habilidades para correr no molhado na PACE nas configurações de IA de sua escolha. Minha configuração é de 80%. Nesse cenário, o AI é igual a mim. As fotos e as transmissões ao vivo provaram isso. Portanto, não há razão para continuar a reclamar para @faya ou Codemasters que o AI é mais rápido do que você no molhado. Você simplesmente não tem as habilidades para competir com o AI no cenário que você usa no seco.    

Dear friend, You cannot claim that there is no bug at all. A lot of people are complaining and getting frustrated about it, and the game wasn't just meant to please you. In addition, there are several variables that may or may not cause the problem to occur, including the difficulty you play or the game mode. It seems even selfish on your part to want to keep people from complaining, based only on an individual test on your part. Your gameplay is no more important than anyone else's. And while we don't have enough rain skills, it should be as balanced as possible with the difficulty of the dry. And that is why we are complaining. If everything is fine for you, enjoy and be happy. But don't try to stop those who aren't happy to complain.

• Agree 3

The point has already been made but the difference is the traction zones. So the traction the AI get only becomes a real issue around the ultimate difficulty mark where you reach a limit as to the grip you can get from the tire vs the AI. I just really hope any change is minor so we don’t go swinging the other way again when the AI was far too slow the change only needs to be very minor. My worry is that people liked being able to outpace the AI massively in the wet and are complaining louder just to have the old pace back which was just way too slow.

• Thanks 1

OK. Everyone run your test at the AI that you're comfortable in both the dry at wet. Having it higher or lower depending on the conditions is not giving a fair test. I don't you understand AI. I do, I'm a software engineer. I've developed for drones, small robots and other programs. Once you have parameters set for AI, that's it. There is no changing them unless you give the user the option to do so. If you have the AI set 110, the AI will have the same pace in standards in the dry as in the wet. Whilst you're running your own test stream it so it can be seen and proven. And log you data, then share it. Simple. Right. I'm looking forward what you're going to offer @SIMRACER123. Really looking forward to it.    

On 7/24/2019 at 12:01 PM, Faya said:

Hi all and thanks for the feedback.

Could you let us know if you're using wheels or pads and what assists you are using, if any? Thanks! 

Edit: Can you let me know what level AI you're using as well, please! Thanks!

In list form:

• Wheel or Pad?
  • Any Assists?
  • AI Level

WOW!! I look at a good many of forum members racing in lower performance rated cars, and being competitive with AIs of Mercedes, Ferraris, and Red Bull at Difficulty 100+, come rain or shine. Power to your elbows!! :classic_ohmy:

Anyway, when I encounter wet races, I'm screwed. Okay, so I'm in a Williams.....BUT.....at Hockenheim I experienced a full wet race, and I was lapped twice by my teammate as if he, and rest of AI are on slicks in a dry race?  Yet in dry conditions I have got the beating of him, hands down. So come Qualifying, or Race conditions when there's a chance of rain, I know I will suddenly become a tortoise when wet conditions come along. Grrrrrrr!!

I think when Patch 1.6 was released, there was something said about AIs wouldn't be as slow as they were then in wet conditions (just right for me before that release), but now they are seemingly jet propelled in the wet. :classic_sad: 

PAD - on PS4

Traction - Full (when I know wet conditions apply at some stage of the race)

AI Difficulty - A moderate 75 for me

Career mode at 100% race

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

OK. Everyone run your test at the AI that you're comfortable in both the dry at wet. Having it higher or lower depending on the conditions is not giving a fair test. I don't you understand AI. I do, I'm a software engineer. I've developed for drones, small robots and other programs. Once you have parameters set for AI, that's it. There is no changing them unless you give the user the option to do so. If you have the AI set 110, the AI will have the same pace in standards in the dry as in the wet. Whilst you're running your own test stream it so it can be seen and proven. And log you data, then share it. Simple. Right. I'm looking forward what you're going to offer @SIMRACER123. Really looking forward to it.    

Once upon a time the worlds best minds thought the world was flat.

Then someone realised it wasn't and that they were wrong.....

Anyway, considering the number of bugs involved in computer gaming in general, I'm surprised you claim everything is as simple as inputting data and thats it. 

Sometimes, frequently, bugs occur.

Remember last years game with the frame rate issue. Only affected some not all?

I think the problem here and this is slightly worrying given your occupation is you seem very close minded.

You will never solve anything by assuming you are always correct.

Finally I'm not really sure why your asking me to stream my test.

Your not really getting the fundamental point of a test of reducing the variable.

Im not a top esports driver and therefore the result cannot be relied upon.

Its for the same reason you dont get Joe Public amateur racer to do the pre season testing for Mercedes or Ferrari. The teams want a driver who can provide reliable data.

Ok? 

Edited by SIMRACER123
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Striker this is ridiculous now, at the end of the day the AI are overpowered in the rain, there isn't much testing needed for that when probably 75% of the people here are having the same problem.

Edited by snoopsss