AI in the wet - all circuits

3 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi @joserdcosta and all,

We have been reading all of your feedback and I can tell you the team has been looking into this. 

Faya - please be sure to pass on the feedback to the devs not to do anything drastic here.

There are only a small number of people complaining about the AI being too fast in the wet, and at least an equal number saying they are ok.

It’s quite clear that there’s not an underlying problem with the AI in the wet (from the fact that a number of people don’t have any problem).

It would be crazy to make the AI easier in the wet and potentially ruin the game for some people based on such a small number of people complaining!

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

2 minutes ago, snoopsss said:

@kalamazoo123 Codemasters can decide what happens, not you!

😊I know. I’m just politely asking them to consider carefully, not over react to a small number of complaints from a few people.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Faya - please be sure to pass on the feedback to the devs not to do anything drastic here.

There are only a small number of people complaining about the AI being too fast in the wet, and at least an equal number saying they are ok.

It’s quite clear that there’s not an underlying problem with the AI in the wet (from the fact that a number of people don’t have any problem).

It would be crazy to make the AI easier in the wet and potentially ruin the game for some people based on such a small number of people complaining!

From what I've gathered, the number of people saying there is no issue are either talking about race pace, or have tested in multiplayer or even practice sessions and I agree with that, the pace is actually alright in those sessions. The problem discovered is with wet qualifying sessions alone. Their pace is incomparable between qualy and the race, irrelative to the player's skills.

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Worntoathread said:

That's a theory, but it doesn't explain the results from the test I did.

I can keep up fine in the race (including best lap time) but the AI are a full second faster in qualifying. If I'd lower the AI level to be competitive in qualy, I would lap the field in the race. It doesn't make sense.

https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/41738-ai-wet-qualifying-pace-issue-test-results/

I agree Q needs to be looked at, I was referring to race pace. I’ve been agreeing with you Q findings all along 😊👍

23 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😊I know. I’m just politely asking them to consider carefully, not over react to a small number of complaints from a few people.

I agree. 
And to add , there are people who think are to fast and people who think it’s well balanced. Not a single comment that AI are to slow in the wet race pace. 
That’s another indication that the race pace is well balanced. 
My opinion is like I said well balanced average lap time but overall that the AI are a tiny amount OP in traction compared to corner speed wet or dry. 

1 minute ago, KrazyLurt said:

I agree. 
And to add , there are people who think are to fast and people who think it’s well balanced. Not a single comment that AI are to slow in the wet race pace. 
That’s another indication that the race pace is well balanced. 
My opinion is like I said well balanced average lap time but overall that the AI are a tiny amount OP in traction compared to corner speed wet or dry. 

Hi there,

Tbh I was talking about race pace, but respect and accept that maybe I'm not "good" in the wet as I am in the dry. What I can say is this year I cannot keep the AI level in the wet (compared to dry conditions). Maybe I need to practice more, but in the previous games this never happened.

Cheers guys!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kalamazoo123 said:

Poppycock. It is now accepted by the community, influencers included, that the AI are now much too quick in wet conditions. 

• Disagree 2

7 minutes ago, milook said:

Poppycock. It is now accepted by the community, influencers included, that the AI are now much too quick in wet conditions. 

No it’s not 🤣

• Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, milook said:

😂accepted? No, just your opinion.

23 minutes ago, kalamazoo123 said:

😂accepted? No, just your opinion.

And most people's... 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 2

4 minutes ago, milook said:

And most people's... 

How do you know, have you asked all the players playing 2019? No? Then this is just another non basis view. 🤫

• Disagree 1

31 minutes ago, milook said:

And most people's... 

Theres really only a few people who have said this...

Count them.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

Since codies are having a look I'm happy about it. What is important here is that the community is trying to help.

Thanks everyone

• Agree 2

Is it possible to create a poll on this website about whether the AI pace is much too strong in the wet or not?

I would like to see the percentages for "Yes" and "No". I bet most would indeed say the AI are too op in the wet because they are. 

• Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, ZTheLightningZ said:

Is it possible to create a poll on this website about whether the AI pace is much too strong in the wet or not?

I would like to see the percentages for "Yes" and "No". I bet most would indeed say the AI are too op in the wet because they are. 

A poll is pretty useless, adjustments needs valid arguments and the OP wet race pace brigade have come with none IMO. 

PS “Because they are” is not an argument. 

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

5 minutes ago, KrazyLurt said:

A poll is pretty useless, adjustments needs valid arguments and the OP wet race pace brigade have come with none IMO. 

Not useless at all, then we could see the real numbers whether it's just a "few people complaining" like someone said before or if it is really an issue most are having. Would give good info indeed.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

14 minutes ago, ZTheLightningZ said:

Not useless at all, then we could see the real numbers whether it's just a "few people complaining" like someone said before or if it is really an issue most are having. Would give good info indeed.

It wouldn’t paint a clear picture launching a poll on the site that is occupied mostly by people having issues with the game , leaving all those players who thinks is fine but don’t visit the site because of reasons. 

Actually it would paint a picture, a picture that doesn’t represent the majority of the players. So no, it would do more harm than good. 

• Like 1
  • Disagree 1

15 hours ago, KrazyLurt said:

That's the perfect argument. It states a fact. 

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, milook said:

That's the perfect argument. It states a fact. 

nope

• Disagree 1

17 hours ago, ZTheLightningZ said:

I don't think only few people are complaining about unbalanced AI (dry vs wet). Like I said, last year's game was OK on this regard.

I don't think a poll is useless, but what matters is codies are aware of it and looking at the "problem".

• Agree 1

Throttle saturation around 50 helps me in wet

i have noticed the AI speeding up in the wet, which isnt a terrible idea, tho i do believe its overdone. I usually just turn on medium tc in the wet and turn it off once it gets dry. I do feel it rains too much in the game. It doesnt rain nearly as much irl. (and yes i remember germany, that was 1 race (an awesome one tho)). 

AI doesnt need a major overhaul in the wet, just make the field more level, they do seem to always have perfect traction even in monsoon weather. 

• Agree 1

On 8/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, joserdcosta said:

I think we shouldn't discuss if people are good or not in the wet. The whole point for me is: if I can keep up with the AI in the dry at a certain level (in my case 100%), I think I should also be able to do the same in the wet. People can say that maybe we are not good enough in the wet, but having to drop the AI level 10 clicks is not correct IMO. It wasn't like this in previous games.

That's the whole point. Adjustments. 

Cheers

Yeah I play at 35% at most tracks I only tend to drop it right down at Monaco as I can handle the AI jus t fine in the dry at that level but since the wet pace has been changed I'm not only struggling with the AI but the practice programs as well and like the AI I can usually do fine and pass them in the  dry. Kind of make career a bit pointless if you can't pass them or you don't feel like you can pass them because the objectives are just too high regardless of whether it's in the wet or dry.

On 8/23/2019 at 1:26 PM, joserdcosta said:

I don't think only few people are complaining about unbalanced AI (dry vs wet). Like I said, last year's game was OK on this regard.

I don't think a poll is useless, but what matters is codies are aware of it and looking at the "problem".

I thought it was fine at launch although the AI were at times a little too slow but given it's far easier to make mistakes in the wet by pushing too hard because the AI are too fast now they need to bring the speed back down again. I think it only needed a minor adjustment to speed them up but it felt like they did a major one which has ended up I think screwing the whole game up

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1