DiRT Rally 2.0 - Force Feedback

This is all good stuff, keep it up.

Once I get another page or so of responses I can pass it on so that we've something substantial in terms of organised feedback.

This isn't a guarantee that anything will change (I can't speak for the dev team and their plans/workload) but at least it guarantees your feedback is acknowledged and it may have impacts in ways you do not know of yet (like future games) 🙂 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 2

A lot of what he is saying is ******** so don't go crazy with it. 

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

1 hour ago, Decks said:

A lot of what he is saying is ******** so don't go crazy with it. 

Ohh dear!

Users like this just don’t get it? 

Everything written is fact! Wether you like it or not! 

Code masters uses rumble effects via rims that have rumble motors in then! FACT

Users WITHOUT Rumble rims loose the data ENTIRELY!

FACT!

There is no progressive FFB on hard surface including GeForce, tyre flex etc while turning into a corner. This is even presented by CM themselves in the FFB PDF.

FACT

This thread was created for the PEOPLE who don’t like the FFB or LEFT the game because if it etc.

You didn’t leave, you like FFB are you using a DD2/OSW/non rumble effect hardware? NO!

So why comment when you are still here as you are happy with your experience on your setup! If they ADD these options is WONT affect you and will bring back hundreds of sim racers!

We didn’t like the FFB and we are stating why we left! 

Just because you don’t like our delivery or agree you deny it?

Show me a video of your DD2 using a UHX rumble free run and demonstrate engine effect rumble and tyre slip for em please! Oh you can’t! EXACTLY!

Its a categorical fact!

Like I said, ignore the delivery and focus on the content. Even if you disagree with the content

WE LEFT THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS! 

You stayed! 

ADD THE OPTIONS BACK AND HUNDREDS OF USERS WILL RETURN!

WIN/WIN!

Do codemasters use rumble rim motors to transmit FFB to a wheel! YES! 

Do users WITHOUT a rumble effect wheel such as a PODIUM DD2 + Podium HUB or UHX HUB receive these same effects?

NO! All these effects are entirely missing and not replaced or transistors via the motor!

FACT!

Just because you don’t like the delivery doesn’t mean the content is wrong!

Every single thing posted is 100 FACT! 

Its not only fact, it’s demonstrable simply by switching rims without even resting the dam game, literally a 5 second test!

2) Codemasters don’t use progressive tyre flex / suspension flex to report pressure on the wheel!

They actually discuss how they transit weight distribution in the PDF THEY released!

So again categorical, unarguable, demonstrable FACT backed up by data given to use by codies themselves! 

You are likely using bonnet cam or back seat cam and a controller, or a wheel with a rumble motor etc such as a Logitech/thrust master or maybe a CSW/CSL with a rumble rim!

If you are you WONT UNDERSTAND the issues mentioned and will thinks it’s wrong!

But like many apologists and deniers you mistook your feelings for facts again!

Just because you don’t agree, just because this isn’t your experience doesn’t make it false! How can you not understand that?

The game currently has 300 active users!

At the time of the FFB instructor post it had 232!

it currently has no twitch streams.

it currently had no live YouTube streams!

it has no coverage over the Major and minor including my) YouTube channels!

Stop apologising and suck it up! They need to fix this or we won’t come back you will be stuck with this 200/300 controller users bonnet cam arcade game and another one won’t be made! 

Add FFB and we will stream/make videos etc as will may more I race with etc.

Think about that!

Currently there are 300 players  playing the game in the entire world according to steam!

Currently there are 0 twitch streams according to twitch! 

YouTubers like myself don’t play or make videos anymore as it’s just awful to play as there is no FFB!

And when we do, it’s to try new content. We make a short 8 min video, we then test content and we can’t help ourselves within that video but to move from the content and moan about the FFB! Only to bury the game again and move on to other projects. 

You disagree but YOU ARE STILL HERE!

That’s the actual point!

If they don’t add features for high end players we won’t come back and they are stuck with 300 controller bonnet cam players who don’t twitch or stream or make videos, promote the game, but content etc. 

You may hate us hardcore sim racers but you need us!

Wether you agree or disagree with the actual, factual data is irrelevant! It’s why WE left! It’s what WE want as an option! 

Even if you HATE the delivery it doesn’t matter, you should (for the health of the game) want those OPTIONS added in for hardcore users like us so we will come back, stream, make YouTube content again! 

By denying our objective reality and actual categorical unarguable, undeniable, demonstrable FACTS, just because you despise our delivery is pathetic and shows you can’t understand the bigger picture!

If you are happy with FFB great!

Go play and stream and make videos!

This discussion is about what those who like the FFB WANT!

its about what those who dislike the FFB are missing and why they dislike it! 

WE are asked why WE want!

WE are asked what WE like!

WE are asked why WE left!

You then deny the reasons why WE left, even though you didn’t leave and haven’t had the experience we had???

This community is small, it’s the same group of people posting every day!

Same group, same names!

No new users!

No big names are streaming the game!

We aren’t steaming, we aren’t making content, we sent posting in ANY threads except those related to asking us about why we hate the FFB!

Bigger names arnt making content, no one new is coming!

...and yet you still take this deny and pretext stance??

Users like this are the problem, they DONT want features added THAT THEY don’t agree with? 

None of the changes or additions mentioned would affect his experience in any way, yet he doesn’t want them added to bring the hard core sim racing user base back? 

So.. how does that help the health of the game? 

I actually am at the point where this community is so toxic towards its own game, that I actually hope the game fails!

Many of us don’t ever want to see a Dirt Rally 3 anymore so the community can sit and say:

”Dam if only we didn’t cry about adding features those annoying, obnoxious, ********* wanted. The game would have more users, streamers, clubs, racers, sales etc.. and even though it didn’t affect us in any way, we still denied THEIR entire reality and cried about adding features that would improve the game for then, and wouldn’t have affect us in any way”

Users like that deserve a game to fail!

Interestingly, one of our members (a medium sized YouTuber) is and has been invited to KT for the last few weeks to try our WRC8.

The FFB in the game is nothing short of spectacular! 

You will see upon release or maybe a next video that the FFB has gone from being a few sliders, to now having around 10 sliders+ Allowing us to fine tune the FFB in ways that were never possible before on WRC games. 

They have also added dashcam! 

And the physics are fantastic. The cars have weight, progressive grip on surfaces, it’s very impressive. Our member has stated that they are fielding community feedback and adding in options that will allows all users to add/remove the FFB they want and currently the FFB feels like a mix between PCars2 RX / ACC and Elias surfaces feel like laser scanned bumpy tracks not flat textures.

Here is the interesting part!

None of us pay KT games.

None of us like BigBen!

None of like older WRC games!

But WRC8 is shaping up to be the most immersive and incredible rally simulator around because they accommodate ALL the user base!

Not just those who already like it!

They are listening to why we didn’t play, buy, steam etc.

and they are adding in options for US to bring us into the ecosystem along with the ones who already like it!

if WRC8 feels as good as X is saying. I see no reason to come back to this controller fest, bonnet cam game, because codies and IN PARTICULAR their fanBOI base ARE NOT LISTENING TO WHY WE LEFT! 

We can all live together, and you should want that. I’m happy to play with controller users, on a console, using bonnet cannot 3rd person cam, just accommodate me and my wheel!

but seems you arcade bois don’t want to accommodate the hard code sin base!

cool!

There are other developers and communities who will! 

But don’t forget, when the game is dead, you get no more content, you get no more dirt rally 3... don’t come crying to us!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

PJTierney you claim to be a sim driver so how come you're not banging on the same drum from the inside so to speak ?.do you not have an opinion or aren't you allowed to say what you think because of the company line.as for ffb been improved in future games you just don't get it do you ?,if ffb is not fixed in this game we wheel users will not be buying any more codemaster games dont know if this is simple enough for you to comprehend but this is a fact,NO MORE REWARDS FOR ABJECT FAILURE,RIGHT FIRST TIME OR NO SALE,AND STOP WITH THE DLC CASH GRAB AND FIX THE BASICS,DO SOME ACTUAL IN HOUSE TESTING INSTEAD OF OUTSOURCING IT TO SUB PAR IDIOTS, YOU HAD A LARGE COMMUNITY OF WHEEL USERS THAT WOULD HAVE GIVEN THEIR TIME FREE OF CHARGE TO HELP MAKE THE GAME WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BUT NO YOU ALIENATE THEM FOR THE SAKE OF A FEW CONTROLLER USERS AND A QUICK CASH GRAB THAT HAS BACKFIRED IN A BAD WAY.HOW MANY PLAYERS ARE PLAYING THIS GAME AT THIS MOMENT IN TIME ? NOWHERE NEAR AS MANY AS YOU THOUGHT THERE WOULD BE.SAME WITH F1 2019 PLAYERS LEAVING BY DROVES,CANCELLATIONS OF GRID DUE OUT LATER THIS YEAR MASSIVE DUE TO THE AMOUNT BUGGS AND YOUR LACK OF FIXES IN BOTH GAMES DIRT 2.0, F1 2019.YOU ARE IN HOUSE SO WAY NOT GET YOU TO TEST AND GIVE FEEDBACK DIRECT ?.UTILISATION OF STAFF.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

4 hours ago, H8rsgnah8 said:

Ohh dear!

Users like this just don’t get it? 

Everything written is fact! Wether you like it or not! 

Code masters uses rumble effects via rims that have rumble motors in then! FACT

Users WITHOUT Rumble rims loose the data ENTIRELY!

FACT!

There is no progressive FFB on hard surface including GeForce, tyre flex etc while turning into a corner. This is even presented by CM themselves in the FFB PDF.

FACT

This thread was created for the PEOPLE who don’t like the FFB or LEFT the game because if it etc.

You didn’t leave, you like FFB are you using a DD2/OSW/non rumble effect hardware? NO!

So why comment when you are still here as you are happy with your experience on your setup! If they ADD these options is WONT affect you and will bring back hundreds of sim racers!

We didn’t like the FFB and we are stating why we left! 

Just because you don’t like our delivery or agree you deny it?

Show me a video of your DD2 using a UHX rumble free run and demonstrate engine effect rumble and tyre slip for em please! Oh you can’t! EXACTLY!

Its a categorical fact!

Like I said, ignore the delivery and focus on the content. Even if you disagree with the content

WE LEFT THE GAME BECAUSE OF THIS! 

You stayed! 

ADD THE OPTIONS BACK AND HUNDREDS OF USERS WILL RETURN!

WIN/WIN!

Do codemasters use rumble rim motors to transmit FFB to a wheel! YES! 

Do users WITHOUT a rumble effect wheel such as a PODIUM DD2 + Podium HUB or UHX HUB receive these same effects?

NO! All these effects are entirely missing and not replaced or transistors via the motor!

FACT!

Just because you don’t like the delivery doesn’t mean the content is wrong!

Every single thing posted is 100 FACT! 

Its not only fact, it’s demonstrable simply by switching rims without even resting the dam game, literally a 5 second test!

2) Codemasters don’t use progressive tyre flex / suspension flex to report pressure on the wheel!

They actually discuss how they transit weight distribution in the PDF THEY released!

So again categorical, unarguable, demonstrable FACT backed up by data given to use by codies themselves! 

You are likely using bonnet cam or back seat cam and a controller, or a wheel with a rumble motor etc such as a Logitech/thrust master or maybe a CSW/CSL with a rumble rim!

If you are you WONT UNDERSTAND the issues mentioned and will thinks it’s wrong!

But like many apologists and deniers you mistook your feelings for facts again!

Just because you don’t agree, just because this isn’t your experience doesn’t make it false! How can you not understand that?

The game currently has 300 active users!

At the time of the FFB instructor post it had 232!

it currently has no twitch streams.

it currently had no live YouTube streams!

it has no coverage over the Major and minor including my) YouTube channels!

Stop apologising and suck it up! They need to fix this or we won’t come back you will be stuck with this 200/300 controller users bonnet cam arcade game and another one won’t be made! 

Add FFB and we will stream/make videos etc as will may more I race with etc.

Think about that!

Currently there are 300 players  playing the game in the entire world according to steam!

Currently there are 0 twitch streams according to twitch! 

YouTubers like myself don’t play or make videos anymore as it’s just awful to play as there is no FFB!

And when we do, it’s to try new content. We make a short 8 min video, we then test content and we can’t help ourselves within that video but to move from the content and moan about the FFB! Only to bury the game again and move on to other projects. 

You disagree but YOU ARE STILL HERE!

That’s the actual point!

If they don’t add features for high end players we won’t come back and they are stuck with 300 controller bonnet cam players who don’t twitch or stream or make videos, promote the game, but content etc. 

You may hate us hardcore sim racers but you need us!

Wether you agree or disagree with the actual, factual data is irrelevant! It’s why WE left! It’s what WE want as an option! 

Even if you HATE the delivery it doesn’t matter, you should (for the health of the game) want those OPTIONS added in for hardcore users like us so we will come back, stream, make YouTube content again! 

By denying our objective reality and actual categorical unarguable, undeniable, demonstrable FACTS, just because you despise our delivery is pathetic and shows you can’t understand the bigger picture!

If you are happy with FFB great!

Go play and stream and make videos!

This discussion is about what those who like the FFB WANT!

its about what those who dislike the FFB are missing and why they dislike it! 

WE are asked why WE want!

WE are asked what WE like!

WE are asked why WE left!

You then deny the reasons why WE left, even though you didn’t leave and haven’t had the experience we had???

This community is small, it’s the same group of people posting every day!

Same group, same names!

No new users!

No big names are streaming the game!

We aren’t steaming, we aren’t making content, we sent posting in ANY threads except those related to asking us about why we hate the FFB!

Bigger names arnt making content, no one new is coming!

...and yet you still take this deny and pretext stance??

Users like this are the problem, they DONT want features added THAT THEY don’t agree with? 

None of the changes or additions mentioned would affect his experience in any way, yet he doesn’t want them added to bring the hard core sim racing user base back? 

So.. how does that help the health of the game? 

I actually am at the point where this community is so toxic towards its own game, that I actually hope the game fails!

Many of us don’t ever want to see a Dirt Rally 3 anymore so the community can sit and say:

”Dam if only we didn’t cry about adding features those annoying, obnoxious, ********* wanted. The game would have more users, streamers, clubs, racers, sales etc.. and even though it didn’t affect us in any way, we still denied THEIR entire reality and cried about adding features that would improve the game for then, and wouldn’t have affect us in any way”

Users like that deserve a game to fail!

Interestingly, one of our members (a medium sized YouTuber) is and has been invited to KT for the last few weeks to try our WRC8.

The FFB in the game is nothing short of spectacular! 

You will see upon release or maybe a next video that the FFB has gone from being a few sliders, to now having around 10 sliders+ Allowing us to fine tune the FFB in ways that were never possible before on WRC games. 

They have also added dashcam! 

And the physics are fantastic. The cars have weight, progressive grip on surfaces, it’s very impressive. Our member has stated that they are fielding community feedback and adding in options that will allows all users to add/remove the FFB they want and currently the FFB feels like a mix between PCars2 RX / ACC and Elias surfaces feel like laser scanned bumpy tracks not flat textures.

Here is the interesting part!

None of us pay KT games.

None of us like BigBen!

None of like older WRC games!

But WRC8 is shaping up to be the most immersive and incredible rally simulator around because they accommodate ALL the user base!

Not just those who already like it!

They are listening to why we didn’t play, buy, steam etc.

and they are adding in options for US to bring us into the ecosystem along with the ones who already like it!

if WRC8 feels as good as X is saying. I see no reason to come back to this controller fest, bonnet cam game, because codies and IN PARTICULAR their fanBOI base ARE NOT LISTENING TO WHY WE LEFT! 

We can all live together, and you should want that. I’m happy to play with controller users, on a console, using bonnet cannot 3rd person cam, just accommodate me and my wheel!

but seems you arcade bois don’t want to accommodate the hard code sin base!

cool!

There are other developers and communities who will! 

But don’t forget, when the game is dead, you get no more content, you get no more dirt rally 3... don’t come crying to us!

Creating multiple accounts in order to back up your own arguement is not allowed on this forum.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, chrisjaf said:

PJTierney you claim to be a sim driverï»ż so how come you're not banging on the same drum from the inside so to speak ï»ż?

I kept this thread active because I wanted to hear your feedback, check what the common talking points are and pass that on, and that’s a direct result of me saying “some of the community’s talking about Force Feedback, even though 1.4 had a lot of changes” 😉

I joined only 2 months ago, around the time of 1.5 so most of the FFB discussion had already happened before I got here (most of it resolved with 1.4). I’m curious myself as to what’s remaining in terms of what you guys aren’t happy with, hence why I asked 🙂 

So (all of you) give that feedback. “FFB is broken and your company sucks” doesn’t help a whole lot, but “This specific part of the Force Feedback system doesn’t feel strong enough, and here’s what I think would be a lot better” does. There needs to be consensus amongst you all though, as the team is working on many things and for them to spend more time on Force Feedback it needs to be for changes that the majority of wheel users are looking for. 

Be constructive, not destructive; it’s more effective at enacting change in the long run ♄

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 2

pj codies have had a good 6 months since release of us wheel users telling them whats wrong and whats right even after the not so good but a small step in the right direction ffb update and now they take the stance of its not broke so we have no plans to make it better is a total joke,

just read though the hundreds of posts about ffb on codies forum you will find that you may need to book some overtime.most of said players have got bored of the silence from codies and ditched the game never to return which only harms the ever decreasing community and reduces the gene pool for improvements,which is relevant on the wheel user side of things to the point it feel like discrimination.

people buy driving games for realism not some arcade bull if they want that they buy forza horizon so come on pull in the same direction as the rest of us wheel users,would you not love to have a more nuanced ffb that gives you the confidence to be able to push the car to its limits and beyond with the confidence in the tyres flexing and griping the surfaces while the suspension is giving you all the feedback for you to be able to know where the max grip levels are or are not dependant on line taken.

if this could be done quiet quickly many players would return because that's what is missing from the experience.this is why i asked for the sliders that way there is adjustment for all to fine tune the feel to their liking.because as we know one size does not fit all.but i would say the ffb issue is of utmost importance just for player numbers and to try regain some trust from wheel users that you codies do listen eventually.sorry about my last post as it was posted in frustration as i was the one who recommended this game to other wheel users friends who now just give me grief because of ffb in game.maybe next time i will keep my mouth shut till i have hands on the game instead of listening to the like of jimmy.

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Posted (edited)

Have to agree.the feeling of the road is so much better in dr1....all.stuck it on the other night for a blast on vr and it's still so much better.dont like the"things can change line either" coming from codemasters.i mean it its there in  lack and white they said it would be refined....it will prob be the same with the  vr every1s been looking for since day 1.....things prob changed there 2.really putting me off buying any more of their games.they dont seem to give a f@$k.i mean dr2 is riddled with bugs still months after release,missing features from dr1 like vr and good ffb and on top of all this they are releasing paid DLC (every release of that has been a cockup too) of all old content thats just given a makeover.

Edited by Pearlo
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

As I said back in March, the time to shout and scream about what we really wanted fixed was then, because Codemasters have a notorious record for walking away from games after a handful of patches.

My personal beef was to get the FFB fixed, and I annoyed a lot of people here with my constant rhetoric... but we applied just enough pressure and got it done. I wouldn't hold your breathe for any refinement, they have moved on to the next titles (F1 2019 and Grid) and DR2 has gone into care-taker mode. I've seen it before, this is the CM way, year after year - yet here I am, still buying their damn gamesÂ đŸ€Ł.

Looks like VR will be delivered, for PC at least, and that's probably it from a major patch/bug/feature perspective. I'm sure there will be DLC to buy (Season 3 etc) but I can't see the game engine (for DR2) getting much love going forward.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

The FFB really feels quite good to me.  The only thing I might be slightly interested in is having those "bump" rotations present in a much smaller scale for more road details (smaller bumps).  But this is really extreme nitpicking and isn't even necessary for an authentic experience IMHO.

Edited by bn880
  • Agree 2

On 7/26/2019 at 9:04 AM, PJTierney said:

This is all good stuff, keep it up.

Once I get another page or so of responses I can pass it on so that we've something substantial in terms of organised feedback.

This isn't a guarantee that anything will change (I can't speak for the dev team and their plans/workload) but at least it guarantees your feedback is acknowledged and it may have impacts in ways you do not know of yet (like future games) 🙂 

We were promised that there would be futher updates/improvements to the FFB and that's what people here are asking for. The fact we were promised further updates should make this a priority, or it will only cause further damage Codemasters reputation, as a company that does not care about its customers. I do realise that wheel users are in a minority, but we are the life blood of these type of games. We are not casual players and want something better than an arcade game. IMHO the FFB is not terrible and people that think is should be completely redone, are not being realistic. The main thing that is missing now is tyre slip effect. This would help us to feel when we are are on the edge of the available grip. So common Codemasters remember your promise to us wheel users and give us another FFB update.

• Like 1
  • Agree 7

Although there is weight on tarmac there is no feeling what so ever, on the pad there is vibration effect, although not realistic we need a tad more feeling through the wheel while on tarmac. 

• Agree 3

Posted (edited)

Although I agree , ps4 t300 , 

bad news is f1 2019 ffb was brilliant before last patch now ffb is not good,

same for dirt rally 2.0 , that was great before i bought 2 porchse cars from psn tore few days ago , now I've downloaded some kind of bug because ffb feels strange and wheel rotation. Is all over the place ,where before it was fine,

only other anwser is fir me the latest ps4 update has completly wrecked sim racing ffb,

my wheel works fine and ffb is fine also on pcars2 , dirt rally 1,  assetto corsa , f1 2018 and my least fav Gt sports,

plus my t300!is working on my PC and all firmware and drivers are up to date,

something has happened in last few days ,

sorry I can't help solved this, I've posted serval times over last week about this and no response or even 1 reply,

all the best .

ps , one of my biggest gripes was people who beta tested most didn't have wheels or had not done thousands of hours in the sim world like myself, yes I did. F1 16 17 but got  ignored in favour of YouTube people who don't care what we care about, ffb and sim racing is the future ,in time wheel users will out weigh the pad users ,

why buy a racing sim without a wheel ,it doesn't make sense. Sorry pad users but your missing huge immersive value .

Edited by senna94f1
  • Agree 2
  • Disagree 1

my main issue is the lack of vertical suspension feedback.  this is apparent in severe jump and elevation change locations like wales and sweden.  the feed back will be nothing, nothing, nothing then a sharp bang.  

DR1 had a wonderful gradual sense of lateral suspension resistance and give based on exiting or entering a jump.  unclear why they abandoned that feeling in DR 2.0?

• Agree 8

Even and It’s ridiculous, "Dirt 3" got a better FFB with a TS-PC Racer here !

To be honest, I still completely lost about the driving experience without effects which are well implemented as in "Dirt Rally", "Assetto Corsa" or "Kartkraft" for example.

We waited three months for "something" which stills far behind actual standards.

Cheers. 😉

• Agree 3
  • Disagree 3

1 hour ago, Elio75 said:

Even and It’s ridiculous, "Dirt 3" got a better FFB with a TS-PC Racer here !

To be honest, I still completely lost about the driving experience without effects which are well implemented as in "Dirt Rally", "Assetto Corsa" or "Kartkraft" for example.

We waited three months for "something" which stills far behind actual standards.

Cheers. 😉

As has been repeatedly said, state specifically what you want, don't just complain in vague terms that it's not good enough. That's not helpful to anyone.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

To be specific and constructive; tyre slip and road texture is missing for me T300.
Thanks!

Edited by FireWithin
  • Agree 6
  • Disagree 1

so i took my Lexus Rx330 to NC hills on logging trails last weekend.In a luxury SUV with supple Tokico struts and 225/65/17 Nexens  i felt every pebble on the trails through the rack , no joke .

I would just love more vertical bumps,rattles etc.

• Agree 2

Just to clarify : PC user ( Not as young as I was once)

Preferred / only view point : Behind the wheel (visible)

Controllers used : G920  & TS-PC ( sparco wheel)

For me the FFB is Exceptionaly poor : Everything  seems to stem from Austalia  & Argentina as the base bench then digitially dialled down for every other stage / map  - effects wise.  TBh there is more to ffb than bumps and jolts.

And by effect for example  I mean suspension rattle.  Shame as the track graphics dont align with what is happening through the wheel.

As for being able to "feel" the front wheels slip and bite ie  the FFB wheel should go lighter as there is less/ no friction coming from the car wheels.  Then as each  tyre begins to regain grip  ( and lose it)  that feedback  should be fed back to the driver - sadly not present in any way shape or form for this title.

Asphalt - is unfortunately laughably poor in every department .  

Rfactor 2 has that in abundance a very good tyre and suspension physics and  models  Even AC, ACC  and the Project variations give the impression of grip and tyres and weight.  If you could  get even to 25% of them  then overall the experience would be improved ten fold.

If you ( CM) honestly believe that the FFB is even adequate then maybein my opinion your next titles should be just left to consoles.  

Regards

0chso

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 3
  • Disagree 2

From a old simracer:

-Tire slip is there but not in all cases, must be more noticieable in for example wheel lock.

- Road surface is too flat in some stages.

I think it's a stage FFB resurface job, in surfaces that feel too flat like sand and tarmac.

A lot of bugs aside FFB.

• Agree 5

Hi all, thanks for the feedback đŸ‘đŸ»

I'm reading through now and see some patterns emerging.

Does this seem correct to you all in terms of what the main remaining issues are? *

1. Not getting enough feedback from the tyres, Tyre Slip in particular.
  2. Wheel users missing "Tyre Slip" and "Engine Torque" settings that controllers users have. **
  3. On some locations (mainly tarmac) the road surface feels too smooth, resulting in less feedback through the wheel.
  4. Existing tyre feedback feels like it's more focused on the rear tyres than the fronts.
  5. Steering doesn't get heavier the harder you turn into a corner.
  6. Lack of vertical suspension feedback, most obvious with jumps.

I'd like to drill this down to the 3 "big issues" you guys are having, as that would be beneficial when I talk to the team. đŸ‘đŸ»

* Let's try and nail down the big issues that the community generally agrees on instead of chasing the final 1%.

** This may be intentional based on how controllers and wheels work differently, just my personal guess.

• Like 2
  • Agree 8

Posted (edited)

Well for me what could be improved further is the tyre slip to get some more tyre feedback so we know when the car starts losing grip. I think that's the most shocking one.

I'm okay with the current suspension travel on jumps and overall terrain, it seems to be fairly realistic and I'm not even using max feedback values.

Edited by Riggs
  • Agree 5

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, PJTierney said:

Does this seem correct to you all in terms of what the main remaining issues are? *

1. Not getting enough feedback from the tyres, Tyre Slip in particular.

Yep.

2. Wheel users missing "Tyre Slip" and "Engine Torque" settings that controllers users have. **

** This may be intentional based on how controllers and wheels work differently, just my personal guess

I think you're right with your ** caveat there – they're effects designed for the rumble motors in controllers, so don't really translate to wheels. If a wheel actually has a rumble-style motor in it, then great, enable the effect, but many low-end wheels are probably too coarse – they can't vibrate at a high enough frequency or small enough amplitude to make an 'engine rumble' effect viable. On direct drive wheels, sure, it's probably doable.

3. On some locations (mainly tarmac) the road surface feels too smooth, resulting in less feedback through the wheel.

I personally think this part is fine. It feels similar to Assetto Corsa, in that most of the time you aren't feeling anything because the suspension/tyres are absorbing any bumps. It's only on significant bumps that you'd feel anything, and Spain doesn't have many of those. In Germany you can certainly feel them, and of course we're driving rally cars here, not track-focused cars with super hard suspension. Maybe a little more vibration for tarmac surfaces would be good, but imo the problem with tarmac isn't the surface, it's something else (perhaps lack suspension loading feel, as per below).

4. Existing tyre feedback feels like it's more focused on the rear tyres than the fronts.

Not really, imo. The problem I think is more a lack of anything beyond oversteer/self-aligning torque on the front wheels. In a sense this is like you're feeling what the rear wheel are doing, but only because of how it affects the pull of the front wheels. Adding some kind of front tyre slip effect would help here.

5. Steering doesn't get heavier the harder you turn into a corner.ï»ż

Well it kind of does, due to self-aligning torque (this is a major improvement over DR1, especially on tarmac), but as I mentioned above, that's kind of it – there should also be some tightening up of the wheel when the front wheels are under suspension load. (maybe this is what Tyre Friction is supposed to do, but if so the effect is barely noticeable).

Also worth noting, if suspension load is modelled, this implies the steering should get a little lighter when under heavy acceleration, especially in rear/mid-engine cars.

6. Lack of vertical suspension feedback, most obvious with jumps.

If suspension load is added as an effect then I imagine this point will be taken care of as a consequence. This is also something DR1 did quite well, even if maybe it was faked to some extent.

Edited by caerphoto
  • Agree 8

That sounds good @PJTierney It was hard to explain, but I think you got the facts now . Thank you...😊 I hope the prog-team can do something for us now 👍

• Agree 4