Sign in to follow this  

2018 setup adaptions for 2019

Hi

I had a setup I was happy with at every track in 2018 yet now the ballast is gone in 2019 they all go to pot lol.

First issue was understeer. I solved this by increasing rear suspension and anti roll bars. However now I have an issue of no traction on corner exits so the car just bogs (I shamefully use TC)

Posted (edited)

Have you tried it after the patch? There certainly aren't any understeer issues any more on 1.05. Use equal wings (5-5, for example), and then you can make the rear slightly softer than the front, i.e. 9-8 ARBs and/or 4-3 suspension stiffness to help traction. Some tracks I go as low as 5-3 ARBs, like at Baku, because it is a track where good traction is everything.

Edited by Ho3n3r

On 7/23/2019 at 7:53 AM, Ho3n3r said:

Have you tried it after the patch? There certainly aren't any understeer issues any more on 1.05. Use equal wings (5-5, for example), and then you can make the rear slightly softer than the front, i.e. 9-8 ARBs and/or 4-3 suspension stiffness to help traction. Some tracks I go as low as 5-3 ARBs, like at Baku, because it is a track where good traction is everything.

Thanks. This has helped a little. However I still seem to be off the pace at Melbourne.