Sign in to follow this  

Using ultra or hyper soft tires

Hey guys I just finished a full season in f1 2019 and not once in a single practice qualifying or race did I have choice of hyper or ultra soft tires. I tried to change tire allocation before the race week but that only lets you choose the style you want like softer or harder and the game chooses the specific tires. In 2018 I had quite a few races that gave ultra or hyper without me having to choose. How can I use those tires? Thank you if anyone has any ideas. 

Those tyre designations don't exist anymore. We now have five compounds (C1 through C5) of which 3 will be taken to each GP and named soft, medium & hard.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Those tyre designations don't exist anymore. We now have five compounds (C1 through C5) of which 3 will be taken to each GP and named soft, medium & hard.

Yep. What he said 🙂

Yeah they don't exist anymore. Shame really as I kind of liked the rainbow of ,colours Pirelli were using. But I can understand why they did it to simply it for everyone by just effectively having a soft/medium or hard compound and leaving it at that

2 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

Yeah they don't exist anymore. Shame really as I kind of liked the rainbow of ,colours Pirelli were using. But I can understand why they did it to simply it for everyone by just effectively having a soft/medium or hard compound and leaving it at that

Honestly I started following F1 near the end of 2017 and I think the rainbow colors were easier to follow than the c1-c5 range with 3 being picked and denoted as S/M/H for that race.  Really if you watch F1, all the people that have been around for awhile still refer to them as quali, option, prime lol

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Calling them soft medium and hard is only really needed to distinguish the compounds being used relative to each other. I think they could have kept the coloring system honestly. (Which would be nice since they kind of gloss over the info of which tyres are being used in the broadcast.)

Edited by Zachrulez
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

Calling them soft medium and hard is only really needed to distinguish the compounds being used relative to each other. I think they could have kept the coloring system honestly. (Which would be nice since they kind of gloss over the info of which tyres are being used in the broadcast.)

Yeah I liked them as it added a bit of colour to the sport but at least if we want to enjoy the colours again we can always just boot up the old games