COMPONENTS ALL WEAR OUT TOO QUICKLY

Hey guys. Every component that you get 2-4 of per season always becomes too worn out 1-2 race early for me. Like the engine or turbo or all the parts really. Any suggestions on how to make them last a little longer? Even the durability I purchase doesn’t really make much of a noticeable difference even tho it says it reduces wear by 30%. I highly doubt that it does actually reduce it by that much per level because then my engine wouldn’t be worn out in 5 races when I need it to last at least 7 to make it through 21 races with 3 engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

Unless you start your career by just pumping all resource points into your durability, it's highly unlikely you'll get through season 1 without at least 1 extra component of everything. That's kind of by design. Once you have about 2 upgrades per component it should be fine.

One tip is to get your first engine to about 50%, switch out to number two for qualy and race only and use engine "1" for free practice. Same applies then for switch from 2 to 3. That way you save top performance for when it's needed most.

• Agree 1

I had to get 3/4 upgrades for most of my components before they could last a season but the best way to conserve your engine is to do the things the game says, like dont use kerbs , don't run rich fuel, don't have a lot of energy stored up, don't overheat the engine etc

Edited by Camza2011
typo

1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

Unless you start your career by just pumping all resource points into your durability, it's highly unlikely you'll get through season 1 without at least 1 extra component of everything. That's kind of by design. Once you have about 2 upgrades per component it should be fine.

One tip is to get your first engine to about 50%, switch out to number two for qualy and race only and use engine "1" for free practice. Same applies then for switch from 2 to 3. That way you save top performance for when it's needed most.

Yeah switching them out does help make components last longer. Sometimes early on in career you just have to take it on the chin and accept a grid drop or 2 but if you take the new components on tracks where it's a little easier to overtake you should be fine. For example on 2017 I tend to take a new batch of components at Malaysia as I find it quiet easy to overtake at Sepang because it's a nice wide circuit. Usually any track that's got long straights is a good place for taking a penalty if you  have to Mexico Bahrain Italy any tracks like that I find. Of course this also depends on what car you're driving as well but sometimes you do  just have to take it on the chin. The only places I would avoid taking penalties are Monaco and Suzuka though because they're difficult enough as it is. So if you can manage your components well enough that you don't have to take a penalty at tracks like them then you should be fine.

2 hours ago, DreDay79 said:

Hey guys. Every component that you get 2-4 of per season always becomes too worn out 1-2 race early for me. Like the engine or turbo or all the parts really. Any suggestions on how to make them last a little longer? Even the durability I purchase doesn’t really make much of a noticeable difference even tho it says it reduces wear by 30%. I highly doubt that it does actually reduce it by that much per level because then my engine wouldn’t be worn out in 5 races when I need it to last at least 7 to make it through 21 races with 3 engines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

It also helps to monitor wear of certain components especially those in which you are only allocated 2 per season, spend your durability resource points on the components that show the highest wear, but it’s pretty difficult to navigate a season without a grid penalty, though like in real life driving for top teams decrease that probability due to the simple fact that you are not desperate to push for performance to stay competitive, and can focus more on reliability.

Even in the first season and without spending points for durability upgrades I don’t have any problems with my components. Especially at the end of an season I switch my components back and forth between almost every session

4 minutes ago, Raketenbohne95 said:

Even in the first season and without spending points for durability upgrades I don’t have any problems with my components. Especially at the end of an season I switch my components back and forth between almost every session

What race distance are you running (I don't think it matters but I'm curious)? Also, how worn are the parts at that point? Once the performance really starts slipping 60%+ you're way better off taking a one-time penalty than keeping on during qualy or races with the old engine.

1 hour ago, Andrew210227 said:

What race distance are you running (I don't think it matters but I'm curious)? Also, how worn are the parts at that point? Once the performance really starts slipping 60%+ you're way better off taking a one-time penalty than keeping on during qualy or races with the old engine.

50% distance

To top it off it seems like the AI teams don’t invest reliability. The only way I could get ahead, barely, was pretty much ignore investing in reliability myself. I accepted the fact that I would take grid penalties. In F1 2018 I would throw most of my resources into reliability and it would be solid by season 2. I also noticed from starting partial careers with Ferrari and Renault there’s a difference in initial reliability, Renault’s was really bad. The initial reliability with Alfa Romeo was ok compared to McLaren with the Alfa Romeo wearing 5-7% less than McLaren.

1 hour ago, MPHGP817 said:

To top it off it seems like the AI teams don’t invest reliability. The only way I could get ahead, barely, was pretty much ignore investing in reliability myself. I accepted the fact that I would take grid penalties. In F1 2018 I would throw most of my resources into reliability and it would be solid by season 2. I also noticed from starting partial careers with Ferrari and Renault there’s a difference in initial reliability, Renault’s was really bad. The initial reliability with Alfa Romeo was ok compared to McLaren with the Alfa Romeo wearing 5-7% less than McLaren.

Yeah some cars are bad some are good for example on a career I'm doing on F1 2017 I'm with Mercedes and my car is going through gearboxes like they're going out of fashion I pretty much have had to change them every 3 or 4 races there whereas with Williams in my first career on 2017 (before my save got wiped by a CM patch) with a couple of durability upgrades I was able to get through the 6 races target pretty comfortably. So yeah in some cases I think it largely depends on the car. Luckily despite the component wear I'm suffering at Mercedes the Mercedes so far has been fast enough for me to counter the grid drop anyway so it hasn't been a serious issue

• Like 1

I'm running 60% race distance, automatic shifting, and usually only use low or medium with ERS during race (70% AI difficulty). My turbo, gearbox, engine and battery components are all suffering after race 4 and 5. A tad bit ridiculous. They dont allocate enough development points when qualifying 1st, winning races, and doing extra events. Grid place penalties are life. Next race season is all durability upgrades. 

4 hours ago, MPHGP817 said:

Joined Renault mid season 2 to find my MGU-K was about 70% on the second unit at Austria, so yes, they don'tdo any reliability at all

• Like 1