Jump to content Jump to content

Green Screen that results in my PC restarting - Only in DIRT 3

Hi, i recently downloaded Dirt 3 Complete edition onto my PC. I have a major issue that only happens with the game Dirt 3 on my system.

The screen goes fully green, not the border green like i've seen some people reporting i'm not 100% sure what happens there after as the PC then restarts.
After looking in my "C:\Users\****\Documents\My Games\DiRT3\hardwaresettings" i looked in both files, Config and Info and both are just blank, it seems it has some text in it but i can't view it but it's just lines, copy and pasted from the documents:

"______________________________________________________________________"

In both of the documents, im guessing this is the text. Verifying the integrity did not fix and i have deleted the files and run the game causing the screen to go Green and the PC to restart.

This is the only game that i am having this issue with so i am 99% sure that it is not a hardware issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 
I think my issue is the files themselves are just outright broken. There is no text at all just as what i posted above, would it be possible for anyone to send the two files to me to see if that resolves my issue because thats the only reason i can think it is doing this.
It will take me awhile to do a fresh install of the game, maybe a couple of hours and i'll be out tonight so i will have to report back tomorrow morning or late tonight. Fingers crossed this fixes the issue. I was playing DIRT 2 on my new TV in 4K and just looked utterly amazing but you can't save so this is the reason why i want to play DIRT3, but just my look to have this crippling issue.
So just got home, game has been re-downloaded and still does the same error, TV goes fully green and then restarts. I am still 99% sure this is not a hardware issue but a problem with the game as this is the only game that has this issue.
Just to say i have partially fixed the issue. I copied the file form my main Pc to my PC downstairs with the issues. This has allowed me to boot the game into windowed mode, the game actually boots in this mode and let's me play. However once i full screen the game green screen and the PC crashes and restarts again.

What a strange issue.