DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Voice interaction on PC version of F1 2015

I realize Kinect is all the rage...I have an FBone too...but I race on my PC!  PLEASE tell me this great addition to the F1 feature set will be useable on the PC via headphones and mic?

What the fuck, make it for PC! Who cares about console arcade anyway? PC master race and simulation for life!

Blame Microsoft, not Codies. When they make it as easy to integrate voice commands into games for Windows as they do for Xbox One (and Sony do for PS4), you'll get your voice controlled F1 game.

Blame Microsoft, not Codies. When they make it as easy to integrate voice commands into games for Windows as they do for Xbox One (and Sony do for PS4), you'll get your voice controlled F1 game.
I think this is coming in windows 10 (Cortana) but thats a year away, maybe F1: 2016/2017 for PC 

maybe once win 10 cfomes out thren things will shape up in that department. Windows 7 and 8 aren't really made for using that kind of tech. you can make it happen on those systems but only going through third parties which is no simple task.

maybe once win 10 comes out then things will shape up in that department. Windows 7 and 8 aren't really made for using that kind of tech. you can make it happen on those systems but only going through third parties which is no simple task.

maybe once win 10 comes out then things will shape up in that department. Windows 7 and 8 aren't really made for using that kind of tech. you can make it happen on those systems but only going through third parties which is no simple task.

Hay? Voice control is already built into Windows 8, so no third party stuff is needed. 

Hughesy said:

Hay? Voice control is already built into Windows 8, so no third party stuff is needed. 

Well not having Windows 8 I wouldn't know that. I can only work on info that I do know.

Vpice control on Win 7 Pro 54 isn't a problem.  I believe it can be handled natively but I use a 3rd party app myself.  I'm talking about voice interaction as is being provided in the XBox One and PS4 versions.  It might still be possible as your voiced questions and comments are still just handling events.  But Codemasters shouldn't have any trouble at all.  Maybe is some legal nonsense with Microsoft/Direct X versions, etc. 

FFOman said:
Vpice control on Win 7 Pro 54 isn't a problem.  I believe it can be handled natively but I use a 3rd party app myself.  I'm talking about voice interaction as is being provided in the XBox One and PS4 versions.  It might still be possible as your voiced questions and comments are still just handling events.  But Codemasters shouldn't have any trouble at all.  Maybe is some legal nonsense with Microsoft/Direct X versions, etc. 
yeah it could be

No voice commands on PC because Codemasters would have to use 3rd party software and pay for a license, or build their own program. This takes time and money, and considering the PS4 and Xbone voice recognition is built into the dev kits, its ALOT easier to implement it for the consoles.