Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Multiplayer Racing Is ******** ?

Can they not just add an option for players to create their own ranked lobbies how they see fit? Set a minimum / maximum safety rating etc

They could if they wanted to,

PC2 lobby setup /  info much easy for the players.

4 hours ago, FOneFanatic said:

Regardless, I've been playing Ranked Online since the game open and I have a Safety Rating of S, though my skill set points are only in low Silver, and I'm grouped with only S safety rating with folks in Silver skill set and the game play is awesome online! To improve your safety rating you must give cede to drivers who are faster than you when being overtaken (this is the main cause of bad safety ratings because there is the tendency to block the over taker, thus casing contacts and accidents).  Hold back from initial corners and ones that have a tendency to attract collisions e.g. first corner on Monza.  Try to avoid contact at all costs and improve your safety rating and get graduated to race with the pros (me not included) - LOL!  Those who crash will continue to crash and will continue to play with those who continue to crash, fortunately! 

I'm glad you're a clean driver I respect that. But it also sounds like you had to turn off race mode to get your S and turn on Sunday driver mode. The most accurate way to rate a drivers safety skills is during a hard fought close wheel to wheel battle. Great safe drivers know the rules of racing or at least decency and will concede when they have no chance, like a DRS pass, but instead of getting mad and dive bombing to get the place back next corner will stay on the other drivers butt and wait for their own safe pass. Everyone driving around purely to avoid each other by the safest margins sounds like no racing at all. 

On 7/25/2019 at 9:39 PM, sloppysmusic said:

I'm glad you're a clean driver I respect that. But it also sounds like you had to turn off race mode to get your S and turn on Sunday driver mode. The most accurate way to rate a drivers safety skills is during a hard fought close wheel to wheel battle. Great safe drivers know the rules of racing or at least decency and will concede when they have no chance, like a DRS pass, but instead of getting mad and dive bombing to get the place back next corner will stay on the other drivers butt and wait for their own safe pass. Everyone driving around purely to avoid each other by the safest margins sounds like no racing at all. 

There's a lot of male machismo in this game, being the pinnacle of motor sport and all, that's to be expected. But based on my skill set, I hold back on initial corners until the energy of male hubris has been expelled by crashing others out, then I drive through the frazzled lot. When faster players catch up, I don't block them but let them through, as you should.  Often I encounter others slower than me, but they often stay behind.  If someone is able to catch up to me from way back, that person is faster than you and there is no reason to block their charge, but let them go by (ching - safety rating up).  Blocking is not racing, it's a drain on your safety rating. It's all about being fair, tolerant and wise. 

On 7/26/2019 at 2:39 AM, sloppysmusic said:

I agree with the original poster you replied to.

You can't have your cake and eat it.

You need to factor in that there are no useable mirrors so its exceptionally difficult to have hard battles in this game without a complient competitior

So to a certain degree, you need to pick and choose your battles.