Multiplayer Racing Is ******** ?

Sorry for my language but less and less people in my entourage are playing online or the game at all because of multiplayer people are dumb ... smashing in to you diving and dirty racing ... EVEN IN RANK ... Ive seen no difference between rank and unranked ... Its killing the game i was hoping they would find a solution for that but its dead . 

Every single lobby people are losing their **** about the same thing . you get rear ended and get a 5 sec lol this is non sens they need to fix this its been a problem since 2017 and even before . 

anyways im ****** but its the reality . 

You would think that after ten years, they would have

figured out that the penalty system has always been a joke.

At this point I have no faith that CM can ever fix it...

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

It's particularly nice seeing half the lobbies with single player private rooms so people can tune their MP car. 

MP, in general, needs a Sim full damage 50% cockpit only lobby. Perhaps make the first three laps ghosted just to phase out the impatient dbags that want to wreck people.

• Like 1

I have generally found that ranked lobbies seemingly have less "idiots" than unranked - but it is incredibly frustrating when someone t-bones you out of nowhere...I accidentally put someone out of the race by a general mistake, I messaged them after to apologize and all was well. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

It's particularly nice seeing half the lobbies with single player private rooms so people can tune their MP car. 

MP, in general, needs a Sim full damage 50% cockpit only lobby. Perhaps make the first three laps ghosted just to phase out the impatient dbags that want to wreck people.

The whole race could be ghosted, theyd still find a way to ruin it 😂

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

The whole race could be ghosted, theyd still find a way to ruin it 😂

If I had MY way the whole race WOULD be ghosted. OK it would mean you could pass THROUGH people but if you're faster than them who cares really? Would stop dangerous idiotic blocking and dive bombs straight away. The car with fastest line round the corner wins end of story. Of course it would be silly if they looked transparent, you'd get round that by only actually ghosting the moment contact was made. Would also prevent turn 1 carnage from wrecking all the cars behind. It would also make idiots and terrible drivers look pretty darn stupid very fast and stop anyone ever ever again using their car as a torpedo. 

Problem solved! 

:classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 2

It would probably be fine if they sustained the correct amount of damage to their cars. The real problem is that the damage model is very limited and they know how to exploit it.

59 minutes ago, Zachrulez said:

It would probably be fine if they sustained the correct amount of damage to their cars. The real problem is that the damage model is very limited and they know how to exploit it.

Indeed.. Brake checking wrecks guy behind not you... Sigh... 

44 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Indeed.. Brake checking wrecks guy behind not you... Sigh... 

Wait...you're brake checking someone that could be drafting?lol

Maybe they could have a test to pass for certain levels of ranked. Top 10 finish on 100% AI with full damage etc. Just thinking of ways to weed out prior to being in lobbies. If you can do it on 80%, that's another lobby, 60% another and so on. 

And if you can't finish 25% without wrecking your car, you get to stay in the current lobbies. lol

They dont have to get as crazy as iRacing, but something could and should be done.

1 hour ago, DaleRossi said:

Wait...you're brake checking someone that could be drafting?lol

Maybe they could have a test to pass for certain levels of ranked. Top 10 finish on 100% AI with full damage etc. Just thinking of ways to weed out prior to being in lobbies. If you can do it on 80%, that's another lobby, 60% another and so on. 

And if you can't finish 25% without wrecking your car, you get to stay in the current lobbies. lol

They dont have to get as crazy as iRacing, but something could and should be done.

All good ideas as usual but... Every F1 game will always allow any person of any age, skill or temperament to enter any lobby they want at any time and do whatever they want. All we can hope for is to survive long enough in these wrecking races so we can rise above and be placed in safer lobbies later via a functional match making system . All grading will done online only not offline as Lil' Dennis wants go smashy smashy now! 

The old adage of go last to go fast applies. Cruise round track in last place for 20 races or whatever to get into safer playgrounds then you can start to speed up! 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

All good ideas as usual but... Every F1 game will always allow any person of any age, skill or temperament to enter any lobby they want at any time and do whatever they want. All we can hope for is to survive long enough in these wrecking races so we can rise above and be placed in safer lobbies later via a functional match making system . All grading will done online only not offline as Lil' Dennis wants go smashy smashy now! 

The old adage of go last to go fast applies. Cruise round track in last place for 20 races or whatever to get into safer playgrounds then you can start to speed up! 

Smashy smashy lmao

How long does it legitimately take to rank up high enough for decent lobbies?

It was funny earlier that the first time on a week I came across someone in an Assetto Corsa lobby that had to be booted. Contrast that with F1, it is about once a week you get a clean lobby in MP.

6 minutes ago, DaleRossi said:

Smashy smashy lmao

How long does it legitimately take to rank up high enough for decent lobbies?

It was funny earlier that the first time on a week I came across someone in an Assetto Corsa lobby that had to be booted. Contrast that with F1, it is about once a week you get a clean lobby in MP.

I think that even in un-ranked lobbies it would be nice for the host to set a minimum rank level or not ... So as person that join lower ''ranked'' games you know you could get your race ****** up right off the bat ... There is multiple ways they could do it but feels like they dont care . Its very sad beacause i love the game alot ... 😞 But i dont want to play online anymore lol the first 3 laps of ghosting could be fun to or at least the first 1-2 laps at least all those t-bonners and ass smackers could already be out . lol 

1 hour ago, thegodz said:

I think that even in un-ranked lobbies it would be nice for the host to set a minimum rank level or not ... So as person that join lower ''ranked'' games you know you could get your race ****** up right off the bat ... There is multiple ways they could do it but feels like they dont care . Its very sad beacause i love the game alot ... 😞 But i dont want to play online anymore lol the first 3 laps of ghosting could be fun to or at least the first 1-2 laps at least all those t-bonners and ass smackers could already be out . lol 

Exactly like project cars 2. I start lobbies (RANKED) with minimum F safety rank (U is unranked below F or plain idiot level) and min skill level 1000 (default start is 1500). I'm fine this way with people joining with limited ability but anyone who has either just started or crashes for fun can't join. It only takes about 5 races to go from U to F if you drive safely. 

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Exactly like project cars 2. I start lobbies (RANKED) with minimum F safety rank (U is unranked below F or plain idiot level) and min skill level 1000 (default start is 1500). I'm fine this way with people joining with limited ability but anyone who has either just started or crashes for fun can't join. It only takes about 5 races to go from U to F if you drive safely. 

I guess it all depends on time of day / format your on, but on PC2 I normally found the majority of idiots in S & A class, U ive met some really decent racers, 

6 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

How in the hell are basic assists being On or Off not listed in Lobby info? 

Because thier very selective what threads they pay attention to, wilst ignoring real isses, easy work, 

The team are all over the AI is to fast blah blah,

LOWER YOUR BEEPING AI Mr 100+%

Springs to mind :classic_biggrin:

But if your not running 100+ your  simply not coooooooool 🤣

F1 2019 is gonna go down in history is the worst in the series imo, 

Edited by BluntRS

Drivers who ram are grouped together with other like drivers based on their safety rating.  The key to get with a great group of players is to  up your safety rating by avoiding ramming or being rammed. The game's algorithms will group you with players who are safe and professional . Also, to those of you who think you can get in and ram someone to affect their safety rating - the game is sophisticated enough to determine pernicious behavior and apply the crash blame culpably!  Professionals are lumped with professionals, and immature and punk drivers who like just getting into lobbies just to ram, are excluded from playing with the safe, mature professionals.  If you want to enjoy multiplayer lobbies, it's simple: don't be a PUNK! 

16 minutes ago, FOneFanatic said:

Drivers who ram are grouped together with other like drivers based on their safety rating.  The key to get with a great group of players is to  up your safety rating by avoiding ramming or being rammed. The game's algorithms will group you with players who are safe and professional . Also, to those of you who think you can get in and ram someone to affect their safety rating - the game is sophisticated enough to determine pernicious behavior and apply the crash blame culpably!  Professionals are lumped with professionals, and immature and punk drivers who like just getting into lobbies just to ram, are excluded from playing with the safe, mature professionals.  If you want to enjoy multiplayer lobbies, it's simple: don't be a PUNK! 

I dont know if your aware of this website ill give you a link, www.youtube.com search F1 2019 online, that tells a different story.

Regardless, I've been playing Ranked Online since the game open and I have a Safety Rating of S, though my skill set points are only in low Silver, and I'm grouped with only S safety rating with folks in Silver skill set and the game play is awesome online! To improve your safety rating you must give cede to drivers who are faster than you when being overtaken (this is the main cause of bad safety ratings because there is the tendency to block the over taker, thus casing contacts and accidents).  Hold back from initial corners and ones that have a tendency to attract collisions e.g. first corner on Monza.  Try to avoid contact at all costs and improve your safety rating and get graduated to race with the pros (me not included) - LOL!  Those who crash will continue to crash and will continue to play with those who continue to crash, fortunately! 

Edited by FOneFanatic

Platform / Time Zone, all play a part to the type of players your racing, Safety rating of S means nothing, just like AI100+%,

If the faster drivers are truly faster, they'll find away pass, unless your being lapped, you have a right to track position, a right to race, and that inc's defending your position, all this you blocked me, you caused a accident attitude from the driver behide stems from Forza BS unwritten rules, F1 Youtubers promoting divebombing ( they turned in on me ) ask any real racing driver, its the car behide fault for causing a accident not the one infront,

Some league have rules, you must have a mic, you must tell the other driver when your on thier side and which side, then in return they'll tell you when your clear to pull back in, what sort of racing is that, 

Last lobby I want to be in with is the Pro's who use "no assits"