Having the AI Drive for you in Ranked and Un-ranked Lobbies

I've discovered a major flaw in the coding of the AI. As to we're not allowed to post any footage showing any user name 'naming/shaming' as @Faya stated in an earlier post. I can not share what I seen. I'll just explain. If a user 'Driver/Player' presses the 'Option' button to bring up a UI the AI takes over whilst the user make a choice. Come to find out that you can leave it in that state and the AI will complete the race for you. The module that was written to control the aspect of the AI is conflicting with another module, or a string here and there or an If statement. This also can allow the AI to interact with the module that controls ERS and Fuel Mix. This is a exploit that needs to be addressed.    

Edited by Striker_703

Its just like thier encouraging poor etiquette on purpose,

More people that see this though, more people are gonna use it,

What was your lap times compared to AI in control is it slower / faster,

Mybe not this year or next, but sooner or later players are gonna say enough is enough, and find another game to play.

Loop hole you could always just post the title of the video, that way your not actually posting any content.

Edited by BluntRS

I wouldn't say it will encourage poor etiquette @BluntRS. It's just an exploit that's within the code and an exploit that will be used. Just as the ballast and using lower down force or none at all was an exploit that wasn't foreseen. I'm not sure of what lap times of the AI compared to mine. Though I did notice when I took when I disabled the UI the ERS still have enough energy to use to finish lap 5 on it own. I'm going to test if the AI does the same in other areas if the UI is used whilst racing.      

Yeah this happened to me the other night... did a 5-lapper and realized the person that was in 2nd place was hunting me down and making up GOOOD time when he wasn't doing that good in the first 3 laps.... but by lap 5 he was on my tail only to realize his game was paused somewhere between lap 3 and 5. (I know this because others saw his GT change with a Red X and he started ghosting through other drivers) 

5 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

I wouldn't say it will encourage poor etiquette @BluntRS. It's just an exploit that's within the code and an exploit that will be used. Just as the ballast and using lower down force or none at all was an exploit that wasn't foreseen. I'm not sure of what lap times of the AI compared to mine. Though I did notice when I took when I disabled the UI the ERS still have enough energy to use to finish lap 5 on it own. I'm going to test if the AI does the same in other areas if the UI is used whilst racing.      

Starts would be interesting,

• Like 1

How long before every driver in every race uses the ai to drive the whole race? Sounds like Bspec in the old Gran Turismo days. Would actually be fun and you'd get your safety rating up in no time. Would be even cooler if you could tweak your own ai yourself. Then we could have esport ai races to see who could code the best ai! 

Decide for yourself the level of sarcasm within the above paragraph... 

7 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

If the AI is outrunning their skill level it's flat out cheating. They're not accomplishing anything at that point the AI is.

Made a online lobby AI110% OOOh YAAaaaaaa :classic_cool: Results 😮

Ranked S Gold Standard, Trophy Cabinet Filled, Soon Will Be mine 😎

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zachrulez said:

If the AI is outrunning their skill level it's flat out cheating. They're not accomplishing anything at that point the AI is.

I'm not sure how the AI works in ranked lobbies. But I believe the AI goes off of the fastest drive/player in that lobby. Though it seem that @BluntRS is using flaw to it's advantage lol. I don't see it as a cheat do to nothing was done by the user to change the code for this to happen. I can understand the AI taking over in a local career or event, but slowing down to a pace. But in ranked or un-ranked lobbies if the AI is used it should ghost slow down to a stop. And is at a stop for 2 seconds DQ. That should stop the use of it. 

Edited by Striker_703

Gtsport uses the same auto drive system when you select a menu in game but your is driven by the ai at cool down pace not race pace. You might possible pass a drunk or useless driver but noone else. Tried it in project cars last night and no ai takeover. Car runs into nearest wall! 

25 minutes ago, Striker_703 said:

I'm not sure how the AI works in ranked lobbies. But I believe the AI goes off of the fastest drive/player in that lobby. Though it seem that @BluntRS is using flaw to it's advantage lol. I don't see it as a cheat do to nothing was done by the user to change the code for this to happen. I can understand the AI taking over in a local career or event, but slowing down to a pace. But in ranked or un-ranked lobbies if the AI is used it should ghost slow down to a stop. And is at a stop for 2 seconds DQ. That should stop the use of it. 

I forget to put joke in my post :classic_biggrin:, I got zero interest in cheating or ranked lobbys, but to see the lap times which no way I could get anywhere near is disgusting,

Cheat or exploit either way I dont see Codemasters changing it.

22 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Gtsport uses the same auto drive system when you select a menu in game but your is driven by the ai at cool down pace not race pace. You might possible pass a drunk or useless driver but noone else. Tried it in project cars last night and no ai takeover. Car runs into nearest wall! 

ByRacers4Racers thats the difference 😎

2 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

I forget to put joke in my post :classic_biggrin:, I got zero interest in cheating or ranked lobbys, but to see the lap times which no way I could get anywhere near is disgusting,

Cheat or exploit either way I dont see Codemasters changing it.

You should actually do that lobby, run the whole race with ai driving and report the results. We won't call you a cheat as it's for research! 

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

You should actually do that lobby, run the whole race with ai driving and report the results. We won't call you a cheat as it's for research! 

Good idea but am no YouTuber, I got a feeling @Striker_703 might do something,

Been interesting to see what starts the AI get.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Good idea but am no YouTuber, I got a feeling @Striker_703 might do something,

Been interesting to see what starts the AI get.

Well we don't need video, only a screen shot of the results screen with fastest laps on there! 

13 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Well we don't need video, only a screen shot of the results screen with fastest laps on there! 

But surely that wont prove anything, without showing the AI driving, or a lap time from the user showing what they can do, before seeing what they AI can do, quit before the session ended but I think the AI was lapping about 5-6secs quicker than I ever could, couldn't do quali cause I was on my own but I would guess the AI would only get quicker in Q3,

Screen shot results would just show a lap time I know I cant do, but anyone else wouldnt know.

Edited by BluntRS

DING DING!! @BluntRS gets a prize. I was planning on doing a live stream on just that. I want to see how slower or faster the AI is to me. I'll be doing the research in a closed lobby running against one or two AI cars. Watching the replay of the AI's times and compare them to mine. Not sure where to set them at as of yet. Unfortunately I'll only be able to do it through a live stream due to the way PlayStation has the PS4 to record. I'll make post here an hour before I start the stream. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Striker_703 said:

DING DING!! @BluntRS gets a prize. I was planning on doing a live stream on just that. I want to see how slower or faster the AI is to me. I'll be doing the research in a closed lobby running against one or two AI cars. Watching the replay of the AI's times and compare them to mine. Not sure where to set them at as of yet. Unfortunately I'll only be able to do it through a live stream due to the way PlayStation has the PS4 to record. I'll make post here an hour before I start the stream. 

Am I right saying on the PS4 / Pro you can do different sessions ?, on XB1 unless theirs atleast one other player online you can only do FP sessions, ideally I think in Q3 is where the AI would turn it up,

Look forward to your stream if I miss it ill watch it on your channel.

2 hours ago, BluntRS said:

Am I right saying on the PS4 / Pro you can do different sessions ?, on XB1 unless theirs atleast one other player online you can only do FP sessions, ideally I think in Q3 is where the AI would turn it up,

Look forward to your stream if I miss it ill watch it on your channel.

Yes. You can set how many AI are in the lobby as well.

• Thanks 1

There is a flaw in the online system. When a player presses 'quit to menu' the game still keeps that players car in the race.

An example yesterday I quit a race In France because the lag was too bad. I go into a race in Spain and halfway through the race in Spain one of my friends says well done for making them podium.......in France.

Because I quit to menu instead of pressing 'retire' the AI kept my car in the race. I checked the stats it does not count, it only counted my race in Spain.

Seems to be a flaw in which the game tries to keep the grid full

3 minutes ago, TomAAA said:

There is a flaw in the online system. When a player presses 'quit to menu' the game still keeps that players car in the race.

An example yesterday I quit a race In France because the lag was too bad. I go into a race in Spain and halfway through the race in Spain one of my friends says well done for making them podium.......in France.

Because I quit to menu instead of pressing 'retire' the AI kept my car in the race. I checked the stats it does not count, it only counted my race in Spain.

Seems to be a flaw in which the game tries to keep the grid full

It actually does that so you can rejoin If you somehow lose connection during a race. You can return to the lobby and regain control of your own car.

4 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

It actually does that so you can rejoin If you somehow lose connection during a race. You can return to the lobby and regain control of your own car.

Fair enough. Maybe to stop the menu 'cheat' they need to write in a line of code that basically says "if a player is in the menu for longer than 30 seconds they are kicked from the session"  (I say a time like 30 seconds just in case a player has gone in the menu to genuinely sort a game setting)

Fail to prepare, prepare to fail, all settings should be set prior,

SMS online in the pause menu as already says the car looses control, stops when it hits something, normally a wall,

Codemasters online in the pause menu allows slow players like me, to be competitive  in a lobby with AI110% ( Which I got ZERO interest of doing, if I cant win with out assistance, I dont win ), concidering all the other assistance avaible in the game, in my opinion it was done on purpose, you need the rest room / get a beverage etc, dont join a online race.

Good day drivers/players. How is the day?

I'll be going live at 6:30 est to compare lap times between the AI and I once I bring up the UI. I'll be testing out a camera, let me know how it's working in the comment.