Bring back limited flashbacks?

Does anyone else miss having the option to set yourself a limited number of flashbacks per session? I remember this being a feature in earlier games (at least 2010-13) and I definitely prefer it to the all or nothing approach in the latest games. 

I like having the option there for cases where the AI has one of its confused moments, but when it's unlimited I find my self control goes out the window and I tend to use flashbacks for do overs on mistakes. 

Having only 3-5 for a session (for me at least) would make me consider more carefully before using one rather than just "whoops missed my banking point, better flashback it so my highlights package looks good"

Interested to hear others thoughts. 

• Agree 3

turn them completely off, and you will have more fun.

this just works when you are able to concentrate completely the whole race and no cat is running around besides you or a little kid suddenly wakes up and needs his parents 😉 or the girlfriend comes around with unnecessary questions 😄

So I would appreciate also to have a limit option as requested, like you had it on Dirt 4, otherwise I also find my self abusing it.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

this just works when you are able to concentrate completely the whole race and no cat is running around besides you or a little kid suddenly wakes up and needs his parents 😉 or the girlfriend comes around with unnecessary questions 😄

So I would appreciate also to have a limit option as requested, like you had it on Dirt 4, otherwise I also find my self abusing it.

yes you re right, but there is still a option/pause button to avoid this.

me personally i used a lot of these flashbacks, but now i turned them off and now it is more satisfying for me to end a race without making errors or to fight back my mistakes.

• Agree 3

I've learnt to cpount them so once I've used my amount I stop. The only thing I can suggest is try and do the same.

• Like 1

I was hoping the would go back to before when you only had 4 flashbacks before released the game . Sure you can just turn it off but its not like the a1 are are perfect the has been a few times been driving along a straight with an a1 behind going for the over take and decide the just wanna turn into is spinning is round or making is crash even thow im driving in a straight and no reason for the a1 to tail swipe is if wasent for stuff like that id have them off as usealy when I crash threw my own fault that is end of race most of tumes any ways . But would be good to just have a certain amount instead of infinite flashbacks 

6 hours ago, svensenk86 said:

I feel your pain on this stuff.lol

Flashbacks are useful, but I'd prefer they'd not be in the game at all.  I mean, you can generally restart the race unless you're playing uber hardcore. 

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

turn them completely off, and you will have more fun.

I did turn them off. I didn't have fun,I just got frustrated. But thanks for thinking you know the only definition of "fun". 🙄

7 hours ago, sjsharp2010 said:

I've learnt to cpount them so once I've used my amount I stop. The only thing I can suggest is try and do the same.

Yeah I do try and do that. But often lose count and it's just another thing to keep track of hah. I'm mostly just confused as to why they couldn't just carry the feature over game to game and why it was removed. It's not like they'd be implementing something totally new. 

Been playing another game with no flashbacks and wow it's so more exciting. Then again max race in Career there is 8 laps.... 

No point at all running with full/sim damage on and also flashbacks. That's what the pits are for! You don't have to win every race. If you don't have the time to git gud then just turn all damage on, disable flashbacks and dial the ai down a lot so you don't have to drive over your limit. It's kinda silly saying hey I run with ai at over 100 but you also use flashbacks. Ai cant use them so it's....... An assist! 

Nah.

Don't have the patience or time to restart a whole race if my cat or something decides to jump on my hands.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Been playing another game with no flashbacks and wow it's so more exciting. Then again max race in Career there is 8 laps.... 

No point at all running with full/sim damage on and also flashbacks. That's what the pits are for! You don't have to win every race. If you don't have the time to git gud then just turn all damage on, disable flashbacks and dial the ai down a lot so you don't have to drive over your limit. It's kinda silly saying hey I run with ai at over 100 but you also use flashbacks. Ai cant use them so it's....... An assist! 

Totally agree. Many players focus on assist (Abs, tc, ...), which is faster and so on but the real race is racing with damage to simulation and no flashbacks. Effectively you can turn down the AI. No shame to have it less than 100% (mine is 70%). I much more enjoy the game like this than trying to beat above 100% AI and using flashbacks all of the time.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, philappleraily said:

Totally agree. Many players focus on assist (Abs, tc, ...), which is faster and so on but the real race is racing with damage to simulation and no flashbacks. Effectively you can turn down the AI. No shame to have it less than 100% (mine is 70%). I much more enjoy the game like this than trying to beat above 100% AI and using flashbacks all of the time.

Exactly!  I was using flashbacks, ABS, Traction and Corner Line at 98%....

Now im driving without any assits or flashbacks and 76% and have more fun then ever...

As soon as the “real” world 😄 can disturb you, you are allowed to use flashbacks. If I would have my own room, quiet and no one can influence me, I would also turn them off. So agree with the guys who are saying “it is an assist” but also agree with my kind of guys who are influenced by the outside

12 minutes ago, svensenk86 said:

As soon as the “real” world 😄 can disturb you, you are allowed to use flashbacks. If I would have my own room, quiet and no one can influence me, I would also turn them off. So agree with the guys who are saying “it is an assist” but also agree with my kind of guys who are influenced by the outside

Everyone should play the way they want. There are no restricition bro.
  • Agree 4

Can't you just have some auto control? Like you can just decide to use it a certain amount of times and that's it. 

🤦 Not the, "It's an assist" malarkey again. Yes it is but when it relates to single player, who the heck cares. 

I get the need for limited flashbacks if you cannot have self control so I don't see why it can't be added back. However that would be time, however little, the Devs spend on implementing something just because we do not have willpower when that time can be used to fix other more important things.

I agree with others that with no flashhbacks it works so well and puts you on edge especially with sim damage - I only use full damage in all games as this gives you a little leeway when the AI go full blown stupid! It also helps with the lack of mechanical DNF for the player so kind of evens that out against the AI if you do screw up, most notably at Monaco! 😂

The old games used to allow you to set the number. I don't see why they can't make it so you have 0-1-2-3-4-however many-infinite as options in the new games. It would pretty much please everyone.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:59 AM, martbloke said:

🤦 Not the, "It's an assist" malarkey again. Yes it is but when it relates to single player, who the heck cares. 

I get the need for limited flashbacks if you cannot have self control so I don't see why it can't be added back. However that would be time, however little, the Devs spend on implementing something just because we do not have willpower when that time can be used to fix other more important things.

I agree with others that with no flashhbacks it works so well and puts you on edge especially with sim damage - I only use full damage in all games as this gives you a little leeway when the AI go full blown stupid! It also helps with the lack of mechanical DNF for the player so kind of evens that out against the AI if you do screw up, most notably at Monaco! 😂

I totally get what you're saying with regards to dev time, and I agree that I'd rather they spent time on the other more significant issues. This would be something I'd see as a "nice to have" later on, once things like the stupid amount of screen tearing still present on the PS4 version is fixed for example.

As for everyone going on about how everyone else "should" play the game. I wasn't asking for a lecture on why I'm apparently playing the game wrong, just questioning why a feature that I thought was pretty handy was ever removed. The whole reason that there's a host of menu options is to allow people to play the game the way they want to. I'm not interested in getting into some pissing contest over the "right" way to play.

• Like 1

They could incorporate some sort of penalty system for every flashback /restart like dirt rally I think? Think you lost prize Money if you restarted the race? They could dock you like 5/10 resource points every time one is used? Obviously they would need to have an option to turn this off as well I suppose to ensure that it caters for everyone.