Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.06 discussion thread.

Patch 1.06 is being released for Steam today, with the Xbox and PS4 updates to follow subject to first party approval. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed. 

Thanks all!

Hi all,

Please remember to only discuss the items in the patch in this thread. Please post any other issues not in this patch in the appropriate threads or create a new one in the Technical Assistance and Bug Report forum if there is not already one. Thanks,

• Agree 1

Thank you Codemasters! The tire wear and setup issues is a big help!

• Agree 1

Has the glitch where no grid penalty is applied when switching gearboxes between qualifying and race been fixed?

1 hour ago, Faya said:

Hi all,

Please remember to only discuss the items in the patch in this thread. Please post any other issues not in this patch in the appropriate threads or create a new one in the Technical Assistance and Bug Report forum if there is not already one. Thanks,

Were can i find the Bug Report Forum?

I only know the General discussion- and Technical Assistance forum.

Thanks

4 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Were can i find the Bug Report Forum?

I only know the General discussion- and Technical Assistance forum.

Thanks

Did you not read the original post?  He says it in there LOL

3 hours ago, Faya said:

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Hi all, quick update for you (I've also posted this in the Info Thread), the PS4 patch is now live! 

Again, this thread is only for patch 1.06 discussions. Please note I will be removing any further off topic posts. Thanks. 

Hi @GioProductions, sorry, that's a little bit of a throw back with my terminology. The Technical Assistance forum is also where you should post any bug reports. I'll look at making that a little clearer in the description when I have a moment. Thanks!

• Thanks 1

hai.

what is the meaning of point 1 "Tyre wear will no longer scale in qualifying sessions when race distance is set to 25% or 50%"
sory i got confused becaus english is notw my native languange, can u explain in more detail ?

thanks before.

1 minute ago, Siboel said:

what is the meaning of point 1 "Tyre wear will no longer scale in qualifying sessions when race distance is set to 25% or 50%"
sory i got confused becaus english is notw my native languange, can u explain in more detail ?

For 25% & 50% races, the game used 'scaling' to simulate qualifying tyre wear. This basically means that for every qualy lap, the game would multiply your tyre wear by 4 (25% event) or 2 (50% event). This often meant that you would start your race on tyres that were already unrealistically worn. This should now be fixed.

Hi all,

I have removed the off topic posts and split them out into their own thread, which you can find here. Please remember to only discuss the items in the patch in this thread. Please post any other issues not in this patch in the appropriate threads or create a new one in the Technical Assistance forum if there is not already one. Thanks,

5 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

For 25% & 50% races, the game used 'scaling' to simulate qualifying tyre wear. This basically means that for every qualy lap, the game would multiply your tyre wear by 4 (25% event) or 2 (50% event). This often meant that you would start your race on tyres that were already unrealistically worn. This should now be fixed.

My God, I dont notice that. well, maybe i just "only push the gas pedal guy" hahaa..
thanks mate.

• Like 1

My level is Silver 20. Do I unlock ‘Reach Level 50’ achievement in my next online race, when I reach Silver 50 or do I still have to reach Gold 50 for it to unlock?

The AI are stupidly fast in the rain. Will this be sorted. Also the simulation needs changed. Alfa can be the 2nd fastest car and if you get knocked out in q2 and the alfas get through then they will start 9th and 10th? Dont understand why

@Faya is it possible to know about future patches before hand , to gain some excitement for the community please ? Little or big ... I'm sure we would love what you guys are working on ...

2 minutes ago, TRJoey said:

@Faya is it possible to know about future patches before hand , to gain some excitement for the community please ? Little or big ... I'm sure we would love what you guys are working on ...

It’s in the first post in the tread patch notes for v1.05

I feel the game not running at 60 fps in PS4 after the 1.06 patch...

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, KrazyLurt said:

It’s in the first post in the tread patch notes for v1.05

Last time they gave us more notice before hand though .. like 1 week before console release. This time it was 3 hours for ps4 . That's all I meant 

1 minute ago, TRJoey said:

Last time they gave us more notice before hand though .. like 1 week before console release. This time it was 3 hours for ps4 . That's all I meant 

Think he meant this bit: 

Post patch 1.05, we are working through a number of updates which are a little further off, but these should all be made available over the next couple of months

1. Paul Ricard Pit Lane Update – July/August
  2. Visual Car Updates – August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!
  3. F2 2019 Season – September

Can't wait now for the Paul Ricard pit lane update and the new libraries..this update is really good, but we still need some fixes, for example the no audio bug in some qualifying sessions and, as mentioned above, the bug where no penalty is applied when changing components straight after qualys.

33 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Think he meant this bit: 

Post patch 1.05, we are working through a number of updates which are a little further off, but these should all be made available over the next couple of months

2. Visual Car Updates – August. You will be delighted to hear that we will be adding the Ferrari 90 Anniversary logo onto the engine cover as part of this update!

Yeah that’s what referred to as well 👌

36 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

Think he meant this bit: 

Yeah I know but none of that bit is patch 1.06 . I would just like some info pre hand . Example 

Patch 1.07 is in the works guys . Should be with you all v soon. Looking to update AI in wet weather amongst other fixes .

Example only . 

@Faya the game seems to run smooth on PS4 Pro (I've tested myself in Baku - Career mode) but there are users reporting the fps are worse on PS4 regular. Only in career mode. GP mode is fine. 

Cheers

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

So latest AMD driver is at least a month behind current AMD I believe.

should we be downgrading to the quoted build if already at a higher build @Faya ?

oh by the way, i’m running AMD 19.7.2 and it’s running fine

Edited by TeenierNeilb69
Added that my driver at 19.7.2 is fine