Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, alon11esp said:

I feel the game not running at 60 fps in PS4 after the 1.06 patch...

PS4 base/Pro always had drops below 60fps. Xbox One X is the only console that runs at a constant 60fps. Confirmed by Digital Foundry.

Edited by HDR10
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, HDR10 said:

PS4 always had drops below 60fps. Xbox One X is the only console that runs at a constant 60fps. Confirmed by Digital Foundry.

Apparently on regular PS4 it's even worse after patch and only in career mode. Seems more like a bug. 

Just now, joserdcosta said:

Apparently on regular PS4 it's even worse after patch and only in career mode. Seems more like a bug. 

Ah, got it. Yeah, that sucks for them, then.

Anyone else noticing frame rate drops on the regular PS4, Holding off for now but is it that bad what others have made it out to be cheers

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)

System: Ps4 Pro

Patch: 1.06

Mode playing: F2 championship 2018

Motion Blur: 100%

Issue: I tested F2 championship mode @ Spain circuit, and off track i noticed since patch 1.06 "blurry" images when racing. For example after turning to corner 9 the small hill with people on the left is blurry.

Here just an online (F1 gameplay) example were you can see it when playing:

20190725_012329.thumb.jpg.1243b96ef56e44f9a3e12fb0b5920a58.jpg

But also after turn 13 you see blurry image in the distance on the tribune (f1 gameplay example to show spot;

Screenshot_20190725-012236_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6407a6149209f2030c0a64797ad37112.jpg

In general the off track distance looks more blurry now with patch 1.06.

Codemasters, please have a look at this! If you need more info etc, just let me know.

Maybe other gamers can test this and see if they notice this also.

Edited by GioProductions

54 minutes ago, Rjrosco said:

Anyone else noticing frame rate drops on the regular PS4, Holding off for now but is it that bad what others have made it out to be cheers

Just started a fresh career on standard ps4 (deleted previous saves also) just finished full practice and qualy in australia no frame drops upto now for me will update with an update after I've done the 100% race probably tomorrow now because it late.

1 lap on softs in practice = 21% wear.  Flying lap...

1lap on softs in qualifying = 10% wear.   Flying lap...

However in 50% race medium tyres know last 32 laps and hard tyres last 44 laps in 33 lap race.

So there will be no more 2 stops in a 50% race ever at that rate, makes it a little more predictable.

Everyone will be only running softs and mediums to finish probably won’t effect Ai however.

Seems tyre wear reverts back to the race so its all good on that front. 

I've got annoying frame rates drop playing a second season career at Spain.

Playing on PS4 Pro.

Any advices? Is there a fix planned?

Happy that qualifying issue was fixed, thanks Codies!

On PC, Steam, this patch seems to have caused some error where joining ranked, unranked, or my league lobbies is barred based on "cheating." No additions to the game. No modified files. Just this patch breaking what was working fine yesterday. Missed a league race because of this, so that's great work, Codemasters. Really living up to your name. 

17 hours ago, Faya said:

Hi everyone and welcome to the Patch 1.06 discussion thread.

Patch 1.06 is being released for Steam today, with the Xbox and PS4 updates to follow subject to first party approval. You can find the full patch notes here.

If something from this patch is not working the way it should, let us know in this thread. 

Please post any other issues and bug reports not related to this patch in the Technical Assistance forums here.

Be aware that any posts that do not relate to the patch will be removed. 

Thanks all!

Patch has a glitch on ps4. The game screen doesn’t flow correctly when you are racing, it seems the image keeps having a lag. You need to fix that urgent, it’s ruining the game and my career mode

• Agree 1

This patch is the worst patch codies has never done !!!! Game crash on PC in DX12 mode, all was ok before the 1.06, and finally codies found a thing to break his game.

Well done guy!!!! Masters of the world 😤.....

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, GioProductions said:

System: Ps4 Pro

Patch: 1.06

Mode playing: F2 championship 2018

Motion Blur: 100%

Issue: I tested F2 championship mode @ Spain circuit, and off track i noticed since patch 1.06 "blurry" images when racing. For example after turning to corner 9 the small hill with people on the left is blurry.

Here just an online (F1 gameplay) example were you can see it when playing:

20190725_012329.thumb.jpg.1243b96ef56e44f9a3e12fb0b5920a58.jpg

But also after turn 13 you see blurry image in the distance on the tribune (f1 gameplay example to show spot;

Screenshot_20190725-012236_YouTube.thumb.jpg.6407a6149209f2030c0a64797ad37112.jpg

In general the off track distance looks more blurry now with patch 1.06.

Codemasters, please have a look at this! If you need more info etc, just let me know.

Maybe other gamers can test this and see if they notice this also.

How high is your motion blur setting? You could consider decreasing this percentage, this will probably resolve things

32 minutes ago, Qrazzo said:

How high is your motion blur setting? You could consider decreasing this percentage, this will probably resolve things

My blurr setting is 100%, but i had that setting also before patch 1.06 and it was not visible this way.

Maybe you/somebody can have a look also? Any Spain race. Maybe also on other tracks but i did only test Spain because my F2 race is at spain now in F2 Championship 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

My blurr setting is 100%, but i had that setting also before patch 1.06 and it was not visible this way.

Maybe you/somebody can have a look also? Any Spain race. Maybe also on other tracks but i did only test Spain because my F2 race is at spain now in F2 Championship 

*Has motion blur on, complains about motion blur

If you had it on before and it wasn't there, it sounds like it was broken before and is actually fixed now.

Pro tip: turn off motion blur, it sucks. You can thank me later.

• Agree 3

@FayaWhy in the training and qualifications in live tv feed there is no sound of cars at all This is how it has since the premiere

Didn't check for framedrops(too hot here in the Netherlands) but in the menu the frame rate is not locked. Ps4 pro is almost lifting up then. In racing sometimes the fan is going harder but in a menu it is crazy! Please please lock the frame rate in the menu!

1 hour ago, Ho3n3r said:

*Has motion blur on, complains about motion blur

If you had it on before and it wasn't there, it sounds like it was broken before and is actually fixed now.

Pro tip: turn off motion blur, it sucks. You can thank me later.

I think the game has it at 100% on default.

Can you tell me what the different is between 100% and 0%? In what way should this help on the Ps4 Pro?

In 2018 i did not see any real differences.

Thanks for your help/tip

7 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Can you tell me what the different is between 100% and 0%? In what way should this help on the Ps4 Pro?

Thanks for your help/tip

I fear you may be right, it may make no difference at all. If you've tried it in 2018 and it made no difference, chances are that it's exactly the same this year.

I turn motion blur off in every game before I even start playing it, so honestly can't say if there is any difference.

34 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Thanks for your help/tip

It makes quite a big difference. As the name says; the higher the setting the blurrier everything looks in motion. You can see most of the difference when focusing on the track surface and kerbs, at 0% everything just remains sharp and you can make out more details (as if you're standing still, which can be a bit too much and unnatural) while on 100% everything looks soft and blurry. I personally leave it around 50% to get the best of both.

17 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

It makes quite a big difference. As the name says; the higher the setting the blurrier everything looks in motion. You can see most of the difference when focusing on the track surface and kerbs, at 0% everything just remains sharp and you can make out more details (as if you're standing still, which can be a bit too much and unnatural) while on 100% everything looks soft and blurry. I personally leave it around 50% to get the best of both.

Thanks. I will try that tonight to see if i see any difference. But, i have to say this "blurry" was not visible/distracting this way previous to patch 1.06, Codemasters must have done something..

10 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

Thanks. I will try that tonight to see if i see any difference. But, i have to say this "blurry" was not visible/distracting this way previous to patch 1.06, Codemasters must have done something..

This might be connected to the FPS issues. I'm starting to see some PS4 Pro users mentioning it now as well (initially it seemed a PS standard issue), but the way the game runs for me now on PS4 standard makes it look blurry as well, and I have motion blur on a very low setting.

I find the game on standard PS4 has a fairly soft look to it generally, especially on distant objects. If that's the sacrifice to hit higher FPS I won't complain. I briefly turned motion blur off when I first bought it but didn't notice a huge difference, at least not compared to say something like Uncharted 4, which looks way better with it off, whereas Doom looks good with it on. Have a play, see if you can notice much difference.

@Faya Frame rate in career on PS4 is really bad since 1.06. I believe its constantly under 30 fps, its hardly driveable.. Other modes seem fine.

• Agree 2