Patch Notes for 1.06 – Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, OnlookerDelay said:

Thanks for your report.  So no frame rate drop in Career mode like some of the PS4 version owners are reporting?  Also, do you happen to have a force feedback steering wheel?  If so, which one and what are your impressions of how it's working with F1 2019?  

I'm also on the Xbox One X and I can confirm what the other poster reported. It still runs at a constant 60fps after the 1.06 patch. Flawless performance.

Hi, @Faya  Do you know if the achievement for Level 50 on Xbox One will now unlock at Silver Level 1 or is there still an update to arrive to allow this?

11 hours ago, FiddleBear said:

Hi, @Faya  Do you know if the achievement for Level 50 on Xbox One will now unlock at Silver Level 1 or is there still an update to arrive to allow this?

Mine unlocked at silver 50/ gold 1 

So weekend warrior should unlock normally now? I done the German Grand Prix over the weekend and it didn’t unlock? 

Our Online Private League Lobby was working perfectly as intended whilst testing all the features 3 weeks in a row.

Then we set up a new one , for the actual Racing League , and yesterday was our official start.

The majority of the guys couldnt get into the Lobby , a few got in all ok , others that could get in was shown as AI ?

Eventually had to ditch the Online League Lobby and start the Good old Custom Lobby , to make the League Race happen.

Will give it one more go next week Tuesday , but am now slowly starting to lean towards the "Useless **** Feature" Camp on this new addition if this is going to be the way to go.

Not sure if its the latest Patch that buggered it up.

But its broken.

PS. On the PS4 Console.

To everyone on PS4 experiencing the frame rate issue in career post 1.06: I found that the issue is to do with the UDP telemetry being enabled. Turn it off and everything is fine. 

• Agree 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Worntoathread said:

To everyone on PS4 experiencing the frame rate issue in career post 1.06: I found that the issue is to do with the UDP telemetry being enabled. Turn it off and everything is fine. 

That is still an issue then, because I, and maybe others, do use the Telemetry settings to have the info on my Sim Dashboard app.

But great if you did find the issue 👍

Can somebody else also double check this?

Edited by GioProductions
  • Agree 2

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, GioProductions said:

That is still an issue then, because I, and maybe others, do use the Telemetry settings to have the info on my Sim Dashboard app.

But great if you did find the issue 👍

Can somebody else also double check this?

Absolutely, i use it as well and it's simply a work around for now. I hope this discovery will lead to a fix soon though.

I tried turning it on and off several times and the difference is instantly massive. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, HDR10 said:

I'm also on the Xbox One X and I can confirm what the other poster reported. It still runs at a constant 60fps after the 1.06 patch. Flawless performance.

Good to read this... thanks!

9 hours ago, bricks28 said:

Mine unlocked at silver 50/ gold 1 

Just unlocked it after hitting Silver Level 1 so it does indeed unlock at Sliver 1 also.

Posted (edited)

hi again @Faya i get back to you after your answer to my question about "featured racer" trophy

according to my screenshot the game saved all my stats of my gameplay at weekly events in featured event grand prix except number of races stuck at "--" and i still believe that's why nobody go the featured racer trophy, can you please take a look at my screenshot and ask about it the F1 codies Team, i insist because it is the only remaining trophy for me to get the platine

F1® 2019_20190801025559.jpg

Edited by xXSephirothXx
grammar

@Faya

Any update on the Career mode quali bug? (was already in the 2018 game)

If the player does not make Q3, then the game will simulate Q3 based on the performance of season 1 race 1.

• Agree 1

Why have all controller drivers suddenly become faster since 1.06?
What has changed?
The steering wheel drivers are not happy!

Posted (edited)

Was wurde geändert mit den 1.06 patch ?
Das Spiel wirkt wie ein 100% Arcade Game.
Pad fahrer sind sowas von im Vorteil.
Die Fahrhilfen Bremsen so gut wie garnicht mehr ein das ist ein absoluter Witz.

Tut mir Leid aber das 2019 Spiel ist eines der schlechtesten Spiele das ihr Entwickelt habt und das wo ihr mit 2018 eine super Basis hattet es in die richtige Richtung zu entwickeln.

Edited by Achilles7

What changed with the 1.06 patch?
The game looks like a 100% arcade game.
Pad riders are kind of in the advantage.
The driving aids brakes as well as not more that is an absolute joke.

I am sorry, but the 2019 game is one of the worst games you have developed and where you had a great base in 2018 to develop it in the right direction.

I checked it with three friends and no one has such a problem during training and qualifications on live TV I can not hear the sound of cars Yes I have since the premiere

PS4 Pro player with a gamepad, my AI setting is between 60 & 70 really.

R&D progression seems to get insanely fast when I hit season 2, I can barely keep up with the rest of the teams progression, currently in my game Renault is destroying every team on the chart.

There seems to be a lot of rain races in my season, more than the other recent F1 games I've played.

AI in the rain destroys me, I have to lower my AI difficulty to around 50 just to keep up, sometimes lower. they are just too fast! I don't mind rain races but I'm not finding them to be fun this year due to the AI pace.

Every car is faster than me on the start, no matter what I try (traction control off, formation lap, lowering revs, I get blitzed on the start.

My team mate never seems to be progress with upgrades, almost as if he doesn't get the upgrades on his car, I did three seasons with kimi raikkonen and he never improved, and now three seasons with Lance stroll and the same thing.

No issues with safety car, I get it almost every race.

Patch 1.06 seems to have introduced a frame pacing issue, I get random stutters during races, I turned boost mode on my PS4 Pro to mitigate it somewhat.

I had two weird issues the other day after doing aformation lap, one where the race instantly ended afterwards, and the other the computer took control of my car and started doing the race for me as I watched.

I really like this game and I hope some of the issues can be improved, mainly R&D speed and AI pace in wet weather.

Thanks.

Posted (edited)

T300 wheel.

ps4 and ps4 pro uk ,

racing rig ,

League owner, leagues f1 16 ,17 ,18 and 19,

pcars 1 and 2 ,  dirt rally 1 and 2.0 . Assetto corsa , sometimes iracing PC,

topic f1 2019 ps4 uk , t300,

Since patch 1.06  the ffb has lost or has been muted dumbed down by 30% plus ,

I had pre release and early release and ffb was brilliant , it was just as good as Pcars 2,  so that means f1 2019 was the first proper f1 sim,  a huge success and many praised you including me of what a brilliant sim game, well done codemasters,

wheel vs pad was equal , from day one,  since patch 1.06 pad advantage by almost 2 seconds,

ffb is now so bad since patch 1.06 that it's killing the game , you've turned a brilliant f1 sim into a arcade ,

asssists , the more you raced without assists the mor the game rewarded you and faster lap times,

Now since patch 1.06 assists with or without there's no gain ,

Before patch 1.06 you could feel all the ffb of the track and the tyre limits and correct the car,

after patch 1.06 ,you can't feel the tyre limits or feel the subtle track bumps ,

with all the complaint and feedback you've asked for why cant you simply roll back to prev patch 1.05 for now ,

lastly I paid top money for legends edition £65 and feel kinda cheated, harsh words but it's a honest anwser,

please codemasters rollback patch ,we've had multiple blue screens that get automatic sent to Sony ps4 ,

1.06 has been out 2 weeks , is it fair too say that if nothing is done can I have a full refund as game is now faulty .

also reports of league members getting another error message saying kicked for cheating on ps4 ,

and final thing , dry tyres now feels  like driving on ice, yes you fixed very light ffb in the rain ,

we all support you and your staff codemasters so please can you support your very loyal fan base of supporters who don't get a free game and race hundreds of hours in leagues,

REVERT BACK PLEASE To PATCH 1.05 THATS A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION OR FIXED POOR FFB,

many thanks Mark.

Edited by senna94f1
  • Like 2
  • Agree 1

Need to bring the laptimes in line with real world lap times...Pole in Hungary was 1:14... in game its something like 1:18 or higher.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, AnthonyLee59 said:

Need to bring the laptimes in line with real world lap times...Pole in Hungary was 1:14... in game its something like 1:18 or higher.

Agree, ingame the AI and the player are unable to have close or faster times than real life on tracks that are heavy on aero and downforce with crazy highspeed corners.

The grip levels of the cars need to be increased to give us the ability to reach higher cornering speeds ingame, at the moment even at maximum aero settings highspeed corners such as Turn 9 at Spain can not be taken at the exact flatout speeds compared to real life data.

Sadly CM did not respond to this after the 1.05 patch dropped.

EDIT: Checked the Leaderboards again, Spain is now a 1:16:6 and Hungary a 1:14:1 on PS4.

Spain = irl 1:15:4, ingame 1:16:6

Hungary = irl 1:14:5, ingame 1:14:1

Edited by SturmDesTodes
Info Added

4 hours ago, senna94f1 said:

T300 wheel.

ps4 and ps4 pro uk ,

racing rig ,

League owner, leagues f1 16 ,17 ,18 and 19,

pcars 1 and 2 ,  dirt rally 1 and 2.0 . Assetto corsa , sometimes iracing PC,

topic f1 2019 ps4 uk , t300,

Since patch 1.06  the ffb has lost or has been muted dumbed down by 30% plus ,

I had pre release and early release and ffb was brilliant , it was just as good as Pcars 2,  so that means f1 2019 was the first proper f1 sim,  a huge success and many praised you including me of what a brilliant sim game, well done codemasters,

wheel vs pad was equal , from day one,  since patch 1.06 pad advantage by almost 2 seconds,

ffb is now so bad since patch 1.06 that it's killing the game , you've turned a brilliant f1 sim into a arcade ,

asssists , the more you raced without assists the mor the game rewarded you and faster lap times,

Now since patch 1.06 assists with or without there's no gain ,

Before patch 1.06 you could feel all the ffb of the track and the tyre limits and correct the car,

after patch 1.06 ,you can't feel the tyre limits or feel the subtle track bumps ,

with all the complaint and feedback you've asked for why cant you simply roll back to prev patch 1.05 for now ,

lastly I paid top money for legends edition £65 and feel kinda cheated, harsh words but it's a honest anwser,

please codemasters rollback patch ,we've had multiple blue screens that get automatic sent to Sony ps4 ,

1.06 has been out 2 weeks , is it fair too say that if nothing is done can I have a full refund as game is now faulty .

also reports of league members getting another error message saying kicked for cheating on ps4 ,

and final thing , dry tyres now feels  like driving on ice, yes you fixed very light ffb in the rain ,

we all support you and your staff codemasters so please can you support your very loyal fan base of supporters who don't get a free game and race hundreds of hours in leagues,

REVERT BACK PLEASE To PATCH 1.05 THATS A VERY SIMPLE SOLUTION OR FIXED POOR FFB,

many thanks Mark.

I agree with everything you say.
Codemaster what did you do there?
The game is now much worse since patch 1.06

• Agree 1

Playing my career for the first time in 1.06

FPS issues on regular PS4. I will have to stop playing until you fix it. Frame drops are very annoying.

Note: it seems like the FPS issue is only affecting career mode. 

@Faya

9 minutes ago, ffigueir said:

FPS issues on regular PS4. I will have to stop playing until you fix it. Frame drops are very annoying.

@Faya

Are you using UDP apps?

If so, turn it off from within the game, apparently that is what causes the framerate issues.

Still, CM needs to fix this ASAP, there seem to be many people that use UDP apps and without this feature the game is less enjoyable imo.

@Faya

10 minutes ago, SturmDesTodes said:

Are you using UDP apps?

If so, turn it off from within the game, apparently that is what causes the framerate issues.

Still, CM needs to fix this ASAP, there seem to be many people that use UDP apps and without this feature the game is less enjoyable imo.

Yes I use a telemetry app on my phone. I turned the UDP off and the game is now running smoothly. Thank you mate! 

Hopefully CM fix it in the next patch.

Patch 1.06 has errors

Last Sunday's league race, everything was fine in preparation, in the league race it suddenly went down on ice. The whole race!

Today's league race, in the middle of the game, my force feadback at the Fanatec CSL Eilite goes suddenly close to zero. Short on AI, steering wheel restarted and then it was a little better but still completely different.

Codemasters, please take the mistakes out of the game.

Equipment: PS4 Pro CSL Elite F1 2018 Limited Steering Wheel

It could be so much fun ......