Jump to content

Career Mode in PS4 doesn't run at 60 fps after 1.06 patch

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, HDR10 said:

 

Well that's the game working normally, that's not the issue here. Since the patch, only career mode is running at less than half the normal frame rate and it's barely playable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Worntoathread said:

Well that's the game working normally, that's not the issue here. Since the patch, only career mode is running at less than half the normal frame rate and it's barely playable. 

Have you actually measured it, or are you just guessing? Perhaps you just hadn't experienced situations that really pushed your console to its limit prior to the patch, and that's why it seems worse to you now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could someone record a few mins of career game play after the patch to show the issue? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh my god, its terrible!! i just did a TT today after 1.06 and all was fine, today i'll try Fp1 in germany and checks it (ps4 normal here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, HDR10 said:

Have you actually measured it, or are you just guessing? Perhaps you just hadn't experienced situations that really pushed your console to its limit prior to the patch, and that's why it seems worse to you now.

No, its clearly an issue with career. I don't think you understand how bad it is for those affected. It's not about frame drops in certain situations, it's the game actually running somewhere around 20-40 fps consistently, even when driving alone in practice. I couldn't finish a lap and had to stop playing. 

jumped to GP mode right after to compare, 20 cars on track, and it was smooth as butter by comparison. If you're not seeing the same, maybe the issue is not affecting everyone. 

Edited by Worntoathread
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Could someone record a few mins of career game play after the patch to show the issue? 

Uploading PS4 gameplay to Youtube already downgrades it down to 720p / 30FPS, so that might not end up being a good representation of the problem...

I may try it tonight, but for now you'll just have to take our word for it.:classic_biggrin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Worntoathread said:

No, its clearly an issue with career. I don't think you understand how bad it is for those affected. It's not about frame drops in certain situations, it's the game actually running somewhere around 20-40 fps consistently, even when driving alone in practice. I couldn't finish a lap and had to stop playing. 

jumped to GP mode right after to compare, 20 cars on track, and it was smooth as butter by comparison. If you're not seeing the same, maybe the issue is not affecting everyone. 

I stop my career and wait for the next patch, absolutely not playable.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Rjrosco said:

PS4 users anyonelse noticing massive frame rate drops with 1.06  in career mode.

After the 1.06, i have lag in career mode. And others problems like i cant manage fuel in strategy menu. When i try to decrease or increase fuel, it start from 1.5 + and i can't reduce it... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, darkozzys said:

After the 1.06, i have lag in career mode. And others problems like i cant manage fuel in strategy menu. When i try to decrease or increase fuel, it start from 1.5 + and i can't reduce it... 

You mean just before the race? This issue was already there in patch 1.05! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Uploading PS4 gameplay to Youtube already downgrades it down to 720p / 30FPS, so that might not end up being a good representation of the problem...

I may try it tonight, but for now you'll just have to take our word for it.:classic_biggrin:

Oh I totally believe you I just think the devs need to see it so they see how much of a problem it is! And resolution doesn't matter at all as long as it's at least 30fps video it will show lag and fps drops perfectly. 

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

done yesterday fp1/2/3 in germany, career, ps4 std and no issues at all. i'll go on pity only on monday with quali and race.....let's see but for now is fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, lor1700 said:

done yesterday fp1/2/3 in germany, career, ps4 std and no issues at all. i'll go on pity only on monday with quali and race.....let's see but for now is fine.

Retried it yesterday as well. Bahrain career mode. Bahrain is a track that didn't really run that well to begin with before 1.06 but now it's really quite bad:

FP1 still the same issue, skipped to FP2 (night session), same issue. Jumped into GP mode, same track - same car, it's much better.

Also started a new career to check out a different track. Though Melbourne seems perhaps a bit better than Bahrain, the issue is definitely seen there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, philappleraily said:

You mean just before the race? This issue was already there in patch 1.05! 

Yes, before the race... Oh after 1.05... And we are still waiting for a fix?

After a new patch i will restart my career...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh my goodness, I knew I wasn’t crazy. There’s is a terrible frame rate drop in career gameplay. Funny, you use a flashback or a replay... just fine but as soon as your driving the car,... terrible frames and it’s deplorable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They had a framerate issue previously where your frame rate would go to poo if you went into the showroom prior.  They fixed that in a patch, but wondering if they've inadvertently stuffed it worse.

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have done 2 races since the new patch (Italy & Singapore). Now I'm currently on my 3rd race in this patch and I still haven't encountered this issue. Not in Free Practice, not in Quali and not in races. I play on the normal PS4 btw. Is it track specific or does it happen at most tracks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all,

For those of you that might not have seen this yet, we are requesting information from anyone that is having framerate issues on the PS4 after the update. You can find the thread here. Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2019 at 4:04 AM, AvengerGR35 said:

I have done 2 races since the new patch (Italy & Singapore). Now I'm currently on my 3rd race in this patch and I still haven't encountered this issue. Not in Free Practice, not in Quali and not in races. I play on the normal PS4 btw. Is it track specific or does it happen at most tracks?

Both tracks I tested (Melbourne & Bahrain) had this issue. Career mode is just continuously running at an extreme low FPS. Haven't played the game in a week due to this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my tests:

career mode, season 1, mercedes, ps4:

done totally germany+hungary: NO ISSUES.

(FP, Q1, 2, 3, race at 50%)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×