Sign in to follow this  

Have you ever bought a premium item? (Micro transactions)

Have you bought a premium item? (Micro transactions)  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Have you (or are you going to) spend real money on customization items for your driver or car in F1 2019?

• Yes
    • No

Everybody is always complaining about microtransactions, myself included.

I was just wondering how many of you actually buy them. I don’t judge, just curious. 

• Like 1

i bought a helmet, MTX is fine imo as long as its only cosmetic and if it isnt put first ahead of improving the actual game. but its pretty hard to do that if the MTX is cosmetic since its artists making it and not the devs

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, SwearImSober said:

i bought a helmet, MTX is fine imo as long as its only cosmetic and if it isnt put first ahead of improving the actual game. but its pretty hard to do that if the MTX is cosmetic since its artists making it and not the devs

Will you swear you were sober when you made that purchase? 

:classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

Everybody is always complaining about microtransactions, myself included.

I was just wondering how many of you actually buy them. I don’t judge, just curious. 

I’ll judge. So should you. There’s literally not a single viable reason why some items that are in a fullprice game at launch are locked behind a paywall. None.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

I’ll judge. So should you. There’s literally not a single viable reason why some items that are in a fullprice game at launch are locked behind a paywall. None.

I agree. I’ll judge Codemasters, don’t get me wrong, but not some dude who falls in the mtx-trap. It’s a nasty tactic, but it’ll probably get worse every year from now on.

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, StanleyGoodspeed said:

I agree. I’ll judge Codemasters, don’t get me wrong, but not some dude who falls in the mtx-trap. It’s a nasty tactic, but it’ll probably get worse every year from now on.

Yeah, that's exactly the issue. It always starts with small cosmetic stuff, but when enough people buy it because it's 'only cosmetic, what's the harm, etc.', CM will start thinking about reducing R&D points earned in career while constantly flashing you with reminders about how you can buy additional points from the store.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

CM will start thinking about reducing R&D points earned in career while constantly flashing you with reminders about how you can buy additional points from the store.

I’m sure they already are, but they’ll probaby just call them “time savers” or something. Hence the poll. 

hopefully this doesn't get out of hands and doesn't become something like NBA 2K or FIFA where you "should" pay extra for basically everything.

But yes, im guilty..I bought a helmet :classic_tongue:

4 minutes ago, Voznik said:

hopefully this doesn't get out of hands and doesn't become something like NBA 2K or FIFA where you "should" pay extra for basically everything.

Yeah NBA 2K, which I used to play a lot, is the worst offender by a mile. They’ve made their main single player mode pay-to-win.

• Agree 2

33 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Yeah NBA 2K, which I used to play a lot, is the worst offender by a mile. They’ve made their main single player mode pay-to-win.

If that happens I’m done with the F1 games. 

15 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

Yes!! Couldn't agree more. I predicted somewhere in the threads before release that the cosmetic points thing would be an excuse to add Microtransactions. I was hoping to be wrong. People say 'oh it's just cosmetic' but I'd like to have a great design on my car, but why should I have to pay for it when we've already paid £50 for the game!? Developers deliberately hold back content, so that they can sell it to you later as 'extra' content, MTX's etc. I've not bought 2019, I don't think it's worth the price they're asking for considering some of the issues being reported, as well as the lack of new content (apart from F2, which is only releveant for the first 30 mins of career) I might consider buying the game when there's a drop in price, but I certainly will not be buying any MTX's.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MattkD37 said:

I was hoping to be wrong. People say 'oh it's just cosmetic' but I'd like to have a great design on my car, but why should I have to pay for it when we've already paid £50 for the game!?

I might consider buying the game when there's a drop in price, but I certainly will not be buying any MTX's.

The sad truth is that they’re here to stay and they will get worse, if people continue to buy them. Because of what you said, you want a better looking desing/helmet or whatever, don’t we all? Atm 30% said “yes” in the poll. Seems like a lot to me, so yes, that’s the future of gaming I guess. By 2021 we’re buying tyres and fuel with real money, wanna keep racing, get out your credit card 😜

Also, 2019 is already on sale on the psn store (EU). 

Edited by StanleyGoodspeed

12 hours ago, Andrew210227 said:

c mon man i play 2k every day, this game has so many VC Glitches from day 1 till now with patch 10!!!

never bought VC and I have 5 Player max out and MyTeam is full off Pink Diamonds etc....

40,5 k VC with one mycareer player per day without playing anything...(endorsement glitch)

13 hours ago, Voznik said:

"thats one small bill for a man, one giant leap for game developers" to quote Neil Armstrong :D :D :D

• Agree 1

Over the last ten years they have already taken too much of my money...

There is no way I'm giving them any more... unless Grid is good...lol

• Haha 1

As soon as the survey came out and micro transactions was mentioned I knew this was going to happy. They’re dipping their toe I’m the water ready to ramp it up!

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

c mon man i play 2k every day, this game has so many VC Glitches from day 1 till now with patch 10!!!

never bought VC and I have 5 Player max out and MyTeam is full off Pink Diamonds etc....

It doesn’t matter how many glitches you exploit, 2K’s intentions remain the same so that changes nothing about how we should judge them.

• Agree 1

47 minutes ago, tarrantino said:

As soon as the survey came out and micro transactions was mentioned I knew this was going to happy. They’re dipping their toe I’m the water ready to ramp it up!

Clearly. By the slightly stealthy way they have implemented it (separate menu’s for paid items vs free items,  not really ‘pushing’ us to buy stuff) it’s clear that this is basically a trial for future expansion if succesfull. 

28 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

It doesn’t matter how many glitches you exploit, 2K’s intentions remain the same so that changes nothing about how we should judge them.

We as customers dictate how to proceed.
Just do not buy and the companies will rethink...
But as long as people buy it, every company will offer even more of this stuff.

Im not gonna buy 2k20, im tired to grind again.

And F1, my last game was 2017 and now 19 again, so i try not to buy every single year.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, 2Pacalypse said:

40,5 k VC with one mycareer player per day without playing anything...(endorsement glitch)

"thats one small bill for a man, one giant leap for game developers" to quote Neil Armstrong :D :D :D

I'm with you man. Same thing, I have developed my player and bought shoes and all the rest without spending a penny, but it's undeniable that they kinda push users towards spending money, for both graphic/visual stuff like clothes etc. and also for vc to develop your player, that's all i'm saying. I still love me some 2K...